Brothers in arms,Israel'secret pack with Apartheid regime.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
During the second world war the future South African prime minister John Vorster was interned as a Nazi sympathiser. Three decades later he was being feted in Jerusalem. In the second part of his remarkable special report, Chris McGreal investigates the clandestine alliance between Israel and the apartheid regime, cemented with the ultimate gift of friendship - A-bomb technology
Several years ago in Johannesburg I met a Jewish woman whose mother and sister were murdered in Auschwitz. After their deaths, she was forced into a gas chamber, but by some miracle that bout of killing was called off. Vera Reitzer survived the extermination camp, married soon after the war and moved to South Africa.

Reitzer joined the apartheid Nationalist party (NP) in the early 1950s, at about the time that the new prime minister, DF Malan, was introducing legislation reminiscent of Hitler's Nuremberg laws against Jews: the population registration act that classified South Africans according to race, legislation that forbade sex and marriage across the colour line and laws barring black people from many jobs.

Reitzer saw no contradiction in surviving the Holocaust only to sign up for a system that was disturbingly reminiscent in its underpinning philosophy, if not in the scale of its crimes, as the one she had outlived. She vigorously defended apartheid as a necessary bulwark against black domination and the communism that engulfed her native Yugoslavia. Reitzer let slip that she thought Africans inferior to other human beings and not entitled to be treated as equals. I asked if Hitler hadn't said the same thing about her as a Jew. She called a halt to the conversation.

Reitzer was unusual among Jewish South Africans in her open enthusiasm for apartheid and for her membership of the NP. But she was an accepted member of the Jewish community in Johannesburg, working for the Holocaust survivors association, while Jews who fought the system were frequently ostracised by their own community.

Many Israelis recoil at suggestions that their country, risen from the ashes of genocide and built on Jewish ideals, could be compared to a racist regime. Yet for years the bulk of South Africa's Jews not only failed to challenge the apartheid system but benefited and thrived under its protection, even if some of their number figured prominently in the liberation movements. In time, Israeli governments too set aside objections to a regime whose leaders had once been admirers of Adolf Hitler. Within three decades of its birth, Israel's self-proclaimed "purity of arms" - what it describes as the moral superiority of its soldiers - was secretly sacrificed as the fate of the Jewish state became so intertwined with South Africa that the Israeli security establishment came to believe the relationship saved the Jewish state.

Afrikaner anti-semitism
Apartheid sought to segregate every aspect of life from the workplace to the bedroom, even though whites in practice were dependent on black people as a workforce and servants. Segregation evolved into "separate development" and the bantustans - the five nominally "independent" homelands where millions of black people were dumped under the rule of despots beholden to Pretoria.

The rest of the article Here

and here the first report by Chris McgrealHere

Not hard to comprehend those facts.....pathetic.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The rest of the article Here

and here the first report by Chris McgrealHere

Not hard to comprehend those facts.....pathetic.
I guess the fact the a great number of Jews were instumental in abolishing aperthide, is lost on you???

Probly as lost as the old saying...

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Survival makes for strange bedfellows.

I won't hold out any hope that you will understand anything I just said.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I guess the fact the a great number of Jews were instumental in abolishing aperthide, is lost on you???

Probly as lost as the old saying...

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Survival makes for strange bedfellows.

I won't hold out any hope that you will understand anything I just said.

True, however i was talking about israel, not the jews.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Israeli journalist Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi documented many instances of Zionist support of Apartheid during the 70s and 80s {op cit}. It's racism is unparalleled in moden history.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Israeli journalist Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi documented many instances of Zionist support of Apartheid during the 70s and 80s {op cit}. It's racism is unparalleled in moden history.
Of course it is gopher, only if you totally ignore the Holocaust. But why let history be apart of your agenda or even reality for that matter.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

A history lesson......"modern history" is defined as about 1400 forward.......

Just in the last century...

1. the murder of the Armenians by Turks.

2. the Holocaust

3. Rwanda

4. the expulsion of Jews from Arabia in the late 40s.

Just off the top of my head.

Edited, I got called away to family dinner.....

5. Stalin's famine in the UKraine

6. Various Russian pogroms against the Jews.

7. Ethnic cleansing in the old Yugoslavia.

8. Saddam's use of chemical weapons against the Kurds.

9. Saddam's destruction of the marshland Shia.

The situation in South Africa was disgraceful, it is a blot on Israel's past that they had a "special" relationship with the regime. But "unparalleled in modern history"?

HARDLY!

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh yeah.

I left out the current attempt by iraqi insurgents to kill off the remaining Shia population of that nation.

THINK next time Gopher.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``` THINK next time Gopher.```

Sure. Since it is suddenly OK to change the subject let's add,

1) the CIA's murder of 300,000 Mayans in Guatemala in the 50s

2) Reagan's murder of another 300,000 Mayans in Guatemala in the 80s

3) Suharto's murder of over one million in Indonesia and East Timor

I hope this news doesn't make you laugh too loudly.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
``` THINK next time Gopher.```

Sure. Since it is suddenly OK to change the subject let's add,

1) the CIA's murder of 300,000 Mayans in Guatemala in the 50s

2) Reagan's murder of another 300,000 Mayans in Guatemala in the 80s

3) Suharto's murder of over one million in Indonesia and East Timor

I hope this news doesn't make you laugh too loudly.
Not at all, you are quite correct. American backing of monsters in central and South America was a travesty.........

I was not changing the subject, merely challenging your assertion that apartheit was racism "unparalleled in modern history". A very silly statement.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
```challenging your assertion that apartheit was racism "unparalleled in modern history". A very silly statement.```

You need to read a history book on the subject of Apartheid. Dr Verwoeld founded the modern South African Apartheid state and said:

In Italy, it is called Fasicsm
In Germany, it is called Nazism
In South Africa, it is called Apartheid.

The biggest difference being that, unlike the Europeans, it was a minority that oppressed the majority through segregation. Therefore, mine was a valid statement.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
```challenging your assertion that apartheit was racism "unparalleled in modern history". A very silly statement.```

You need to read a history book on the subject of Apartheid. Dr Verwoeld founded the modern South African Apartheid state and said:

In Italy, it is called Fasicsm
In Germany, it is called Nazism
In South Africa, it is called Apartheid.

The biggest difference being that, unlike the Europeans, it was a minority that oppressed the majority through segregation. Therefore, mine was a valid statement.

GEEZUS, you are a lawyer, ain't cha?

Never mind, you can't slither and twist your way out of this one........the statement that apartheit was racism "unparalleled in modern history" was dumbass on a number of levels........

1. There are several cases of racism in the 20th century in which millions were murdered.

2. Modern history includes the last 6 or 7 HUNDRED years......need I start pointing out the hundreds of cases of slavery, murder, genocide that would make the Boers actions in the townships look like charity by comparison.

Go ahead......you can do it......simply say "I was WR...WR....Wr....Wrong!" You'll feel much better.

:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Since you don't know what the f°ck you are talking about I'll post this link on apartheid and you can determine for yourself whether it is as dignified as you would like to believe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid

Evidently, the fact that the entire world was mobilized against it in the late 80s was lost on you. Obviously the majority of the world (except for your heroes in Israel) condemned it and for good reason.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Since you don't know what the f°ck you are talking about I'll post this link on apartheid and you can determine for yourself whether it is as dignified as you would like to believe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid

Evidently, the fact that the entire world was mobilized against it in the late 80s was lost on you. Obviously the majority of the world (except for your heroes in Israel) condemned it and for good reason.

Heh heh.....

For a lawyer, you do seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. Below, please find a quote directly from my post above. I'm sure, if you take your time and sound it out, you will get the gist of it.
The situation in South Africa was disgraceful, it is a blot on Israel's past that they had a "special" relationship with the regime.

Now, let's try the first lesson again. Confession is good for the soul. Say it now! It's not hard!

"Gopher was wrong!"

There, doesn't that feel better?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

In all of modern history, you would label South African apartheid as the worst? If that was racism at its worse, we are much better than I had thought:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I used the term ''unparalled'' because it was a minority who imposed fascist style repression against a majority unlike Nazi Germany.

See the difference?

I have previously mentioned that I lived in NYC for many years. I knew several South African exiles and used to go to their office on Vandam (?) Street in downtown where college students would get literature to distribute in order to inform people about Apartheid brutalism and the quest for divestment. These exiled folks could tell you horror stories about the repression that would make your blood boil.

A few years ago I met a South African woman who migrated to the USA after the Apartheid regime was ended. I asked her about brutalism under the regime and she started to cry before she could finish her first sentence.

How strange it is in this forum that so many right wingers typically talk about sufferings of Zionists (allegedly), Sudanese, or Vietnamese. But when it comes to South Africans every body acts as if Apartheid was nothing.

I have given you links to check out if you want to know more about Apartheud brutalism and Isreel's support of it. Now do yourself a favor and keep an open mind unlike Colpy and see for yourself whether the talk of it as being criminally repressive does not have merit.