Hezbollah Founder Angry......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
According to the Globe and Mail, Sheik Sobhi Tufeili, the founder of Hezbollah, has accused Hezbollah under Hassan Nashrallah of being a complete puppet of Tehran. He said Hezbollah is pushing Lebanon towards civil war to serve the interests of its masters in Tehran.

"The relationship of Hezbollah with Iran is one of complete, loyal submission" Tufeili said, and accused Tehran of using Shia outside Iran's borders as pawns to be used "if they need 1000 Shiites to be killed here, or 1000 Shiites to be killed there".

Tufeili was ejected from Hezbollah in 1997 after he protested Syria's growing influence in the organization.

Funny how those who condemn Israel for defending itself are silent on Hezbollah's attempt to overthrow the legitimate government in Beirut.

Remember, this criticism comes from Hezbollah's founder......not some American puppet.

Hezbollah is a pawn of Syria and Iran,and acts only in their interests.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Refresh my memory but, wasn't he kicked out of that group for being too militant?

He was active in Bekaa Valley where drugs were rampant and had every opportunity to stop that menace but did nothing. It appeared as if Hezbollah, Islam, and indeed, nobody else had any use for someone who chooses to look the other way when drugs are concerned.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Refresh my memory but, wasn't he kicked out of that group for being too militant?

He was active in Bekaa Valley where drugs were rampant and had every opportunity to stop that menace but did nothing. It appeared as if Hezbollah, Islam, and indeed, nobody else had any use for someone who chooses to look the other way when drugs are concerned.

The Beeka Valley, until very recently was (I believe) controled by Syria.........I'm not sure how he even survived there, I'm no expert on the guy.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Ah, yes -- thanks for refreshing my memory: Syria got rid of the drugs that he (evidently) found tolerable. No wonder Hezbollah hates his guts and why he is criticizing them today.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ah, yes -- thanks for refreshing my memory: Syria got rid of the drugs that he (evidently) found tolerable. No wonder Hezbollah hates his guts and why he is criticizing them today.
Ummm, right and that somehow negates the truth in his words?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Where would that take us Colpy?

Wasn't your disdain for my contributing a piece from David Duke's people just as distasteful as extrapolating from comments this fellow has made regarding his vision of Hezbollah to the gerneral circumstance of tribal warfare in the Middle East? Hell we could say very similar things about Christian organizations that have sheilded similar rogues... Does that mean that these folk will exercise sufficient influence to manifestly alter the course of events in the Middle East?

Tempest in a teapot comes to mind!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
```I think I can honestly say Tufeili was not very wrapped up in any drug trade.```

Supposedly he was selling drugs to buy arms but we never get a clear picture of what is going on there. As for the allegation that Iran is calling the shots for Hezbollah today, again, all we can rely on is what we hear from these sources. I, for one, am not convinced Iran wants a war in the ME as that would likely mean further interventionist adventurism from Bush which is something Iran definitely does NOT want.