Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy
What a mass of stupidity, ignorance, and misleading BULL****!
First of all, the first bit of film.........you know, about journalistic honesty?
Notice they talked a lot about occupation?
What they DIDN'T mention;
1. the thousands of rockets fired into Israel.
2. the fact Hamas does not recognize Israel, and is therefore impossible to negotiate with.
3. the fact that when the Israelis STOP the occupation (withdrawal from the Gaza Strip) attacks on Israel instantly intensify, with the area left to the Palestinians becoming a launch pad for aggression,.
4. The fact Israel and the PLO were headed towards a negotiated settlement in 2000, when Arafat started the latest intifada. ARAFAT started the latest intifada.
In the second piece, Galloway is SCUM...............absolute scum. An apologist and buddy of Saddam Hussein, an nasty idiot. AND Israel left Lebanon COMPLETELY in 2000........thus ending any legitimate reason for Hezbollah's existence. AND they nicely forgot to mention that Hezbollah wants to exterminate ALL Jews.......they are a 21st century Nazi party. Couldn't watch it all. Got me too upset.
Noam Chomsky. What a joke! Hypocrit, fool, a man that could only survive in the ivory tower of academia. Look to the comments on the first film to see what he FORGOT to mention.
[...Israel has repeatedly, over and over again, signed on to truce after truce just to have rockets continue to fall on their territory..............exactly as is happening now.]
1) Hamas organized the current and previous ceasefire. Israel broke the last ceasefire first with a failed assassination attempt. The dozen rockets Israel's attack helicopter fired into a Palestinian crowd in direct violation of the terms of the "Roadmap to Peace" killed and wounded dozens of innocent bystanders. (see my post previous page)
For 18 months, Hamas maintained a unilateral ceasefire. (I have already posted numerous sources to back this up.) During that time, two other militant groups outside of Hamas control waged war with Israel. Israel knows the difference between Palestinian militant groups. While our news demonized Hamas, they never fired a single rocket or dispatched a single suicide bomber. Meanwhile Israel abducted and assassinated Hamas leaders, killed hundreds of innocent bystanders.
Our leaders not only failed to acknowledge Hamas's unilateral ceasefire, they ignored Israeli atrocities against Palestinians and cut food and medical aid to ordinary Palestinians.
2) Hamas has offered many times to negotiate directly with Israel. Hamas has offered longterm peace in return for 1967 boundaries. Israel not Hamas refuses to talk. Israel and the US conspire to overthrow Palestine's democratically elected leaders.
3) Gaza was a strategic retreat. With the settlers out of the way, soldiers freed from guard duty could carry out strikes and assassinations in Gaza. Meanwhile the Israel's propaganda machine portrays Israel's escalation as a compromise.
4) The spark which lit the current cycle of violence was Sharon's not so subtle suggestion that if he was PM, he would tear down Islam's third most holy site to build a Jewish Temple.
Al-Aqsa Intifada timeline
The second Palestinian intifada or uprising broke out at the end of September 2000 and is named after the Jerusalem mosque complex where the violence began.
Frustrations that years of the negotiation had failed to deliver a Palestinian state were intensified by the collapse of the Camp David summit in July 2000.
Ariel Sharon, then the leader of Israel's opposition, paid a visit to the site in East Jerusalem known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif, and to Jews as Temple Mount, which houses the al-Aqsa mosque - and frustration boiled over into violence.
The timeline below highlights the key events.
Durrah was one of eight Palestinian children killed in the first three days
28 September: Ariel Sharon's visit to the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount - against the background of the failure of the peace process - provides one of the sparks that ignites a cycle of violence.
30 September: In one of the enduring images of the conflict 12-year-old Muhammad Durrah is killed during a gunbattle between Israeli troops and Palestinians in the Gaza strip, kindling Palestinian anger about the growing number of children killed by Israeli forces. The army initially apologises, but later casts doubt on whether its forces killed the boy.
17 October: The Sharm al-Sheikh agreement, brokered by President Clinton, aims to end the upsurge in violence. It breaks down almost immediately.
6 February: Ariel Sharon elected prime minister of Israel.
Israeli police examine the scene of a Haifa suicide bombing
18 May: Israel launches F-16 warplanes against Palestinian targets in Gaza for the first time. 1 June: Suicide bomb attack on a disco in Tel Aviv leaves 21 people dead and more than 60 others injured. Islamic Jihad says it carried out the attack.
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3677206.stm (external - login to view)
After nearly 9 months increasing violence Israel bombed Palestinians. Palestinians bombed Israelis in response. The facts prove Israel led each escalation of violence.
Galloway is hilarious. He's like a bulldog. He can't be intimidated, outshouted, bamboozled or shutup.
The Chomsky clip points out how our news doesn't report all the facts, not an attempt to reveal all facts. The 52 minute British documentary about Israel/Palestine did that:
"Injustice in the Holy Land"
Journalists describe how our news distorts information about Israel/Palestine:
George Galloway - Hizbollah Is Not A Terrorist Organization
52 minute British documentary about Israel/Palestine:
"Injustice in the Holy Land"
Warning Graphic Images
Daily life in Palestine:
Life in the Streets
Day at the Beach:
Last edited by earth_as_one; Dec 3rd, 2006 at 06:20 PM..