"It's Okay to Kill Gay People" - British Imam

Toro

Senate Member
IT'S OK TO KILL GAYS - BRITISH IMAM
24 October 2006

The leading imam in Manchester, confirms that he thinks the execution of sexually active gay men is justified, the rights group Outrage reported.

Arshad Misbahi of the Manchester Central Mosque confirmed his views in a conversation to John Casson, a local psychotherapist.

Casson said: "I asked him if the execution of gay Muslims in Iran and Iraq was an acceptable punishment in Sharia law, or the result of culture, not religion.

"He told me that in a true Islamic state, such punishments were part of Islam: If the person had had a trial, at which four witnesses testified that they had seen the actual homosexual acts."

"I asked him what would be the British Muslim view? He repeated that in an Islamic state these punishments were justified. They might result in the deaths of thousands but if this deterred millions from having sex, and spreading disease, then it was worthwhile to protect the wider community."

"I checked again that this was not a matter of tradition, culture or local prejudice. 'No,' he said, 'It is part of the central tenets of Islam: that sex outside marriage is forbidden; this is stated in the Koran and the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had stated that these punishments were due to such behaviours.'"

Gay man rights campaigner Peter Tatchell said, "It is disturbing that some British imams are endorsing the execution of gay and lesbian Muslims.

"Imam Arshad Misbahi's homophobic attitudes give comfort and succor to queer-bashers. They encourage conflict and disharmony between Manchester's large gay and Muslim communities.

"Muslim and gay people know the pain of prejudice and discrimination. We should be working together to challenge homophobia and Islamophobia. I hope liberal Muslims will speak out in defense of the human rights of lesbians and gay men," said Tatchell.

Adnan Ali, founder of the British branch of al-Fatiha, an organisation for gay and lesbian Muslims, told Gay.com that "a person with such an obsession about execution of human beings is not even entitled to be addressed as Imam."

"Islam is a very tolerant religion and celebrates the human diversity in its core message," Ali said.

"The holy book Qur'an does not mention anywhere about the execution or killing of human beings on the basis of their sexuality. What surprises is this obsession of the Islamic clerics to killing and execution. Why? What about dialogue? Discussion?

"Arshad Misbahi's comparison of same-sex relation to adultery is nothing but ignorant and utterly irresponsible rhetoric, manifesting the wrong teachings of Islam. The media should . . . not take it for granted as the general view of the Muslim community all over."

http://www.gcn.ie/content/templates/newsupdate.aspx?articleid=1409&zoneid=4

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I hope every Gay Rights organization pickets out front of his Mosque and home, chanting bigoted pig all the while eating a pork chop. This guys a frothing at the mouth hateful Extremist who should be deported to the Sudan they, like his kind there. EVIL.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
I hope every Gay Rights organization pickets out front of his Mosque and home, chanting bigoted pig all the while eating a pork chop. This guys a frothing at the mouth hateful Extremist who should be deported to the Sudan they, like his kind there. EVIL.

LOL...

And here is the hypocracy of this Muslim nuckle-head and the Quran. The Quran is all about how it is okay to have sex with young boys, and even teaches that they are waiting in heaven...

Women must be virgins at marriage, yet sex is never forbidden at long as it is written in Islamic law. So older men are allowed to have younger boys and 'give' to them and this is considered being 'in control, and is not considered a crime according to Holy Teachings. Once a young man is taught this and reaches maturity he in turn must continue the tradition, approved by scriptures.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
There is no Koranic or Biblical basis for that imam's anti-gay bigotry. It will be recalled that Jerry Falwell blamed 9/11 on gays but nobody picketed his church for his biased nonsense. Perhaps they should have.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Nice try Gopher but the Holly Rollers don't want the Gays to marry, the Muslim Extremists want them dead. If you can't see the difference well I'll let you bury the bodies of yet more innocents slaughtered in the name of Extreme Islam. I don't think Gays are any different than being Blonde or a red head, it's the way they are born and I'm way cool with that.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Yeah saying things that is okay to kill Gay people is sick, however, there is no incidents of such violence that Ant-Muslims hate but we do know that some Christian bastard murdered a young Muslim woman in California.

I think action is a little more stronger than just words. Try harder.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It's all becoming tit-for-tat. Kindergarten's in.
Everyone condemns incidents like the above. What sane person wouldn't? But admittedly haters of all stripes are being kept on short leashes today. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson have been ridiculed repeatedly in the past for asinine comments. They didn't get a free ride. Nor should this cleric.

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
Yeah, this Imam twit is a bigot and a douchebag.

So are zillions of other people in the world, christian or muslim or atheist... I'm sure I can find a christian or an atheist within a couple hundred yards of my block that feels the same way, or at least has a reasonable chance of saying something as ridiculous and horrible in a conversation, no doubt.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There are lots of Right Wing Americans who think the same thing as the Manchester imam does.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
The Quran is full of paragraphs about how tempting young boys are, and how they will be among the virgins in suicide-bomber heaven.
The difference from my understanding, in the Muslims' mind between 'pleasuring' a boy and true homosexuality, is the fine line of the older giving to the younger, and the younger having not reached adolescence.
If the child grows into a man who is preferring men over women then it is considered a sin...confused, well, there is more...The man will only get prosecuted if he has witnesses to the actual act.
So if four men, and l think eight women can squeese into a room and watch a old Muslim creep give it to a little boy, then he will get in trouble, If two men watch he won't.

SO, now that all the scriptural approval is covered, let's look at the law..this from Wikipedia-

Homosexuality in modern Muslim countries' laws

Same-sex intercourse officially carries the death penalty in six Muslim nations: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, Sudan, Somalia and Yemen.[7] It formerly carried the death penalty in Afghanistan under the Taliban.
The legal situation in the United Arab Emirates is unclear. In many Muslim nations, such as Bahrain, Qatar, Algeria, Pakistan and the Maldives, homosexuality is punished with jail time, fines, or corporal punishment.
In some Muslim-majority nations, such as Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, or Mali, same-sex intercourse is not specifically forbidden by law. In Egypt openly gay men have been prosecuted under general public morality laws. (See Cairo 52.)
On the other hand, Turkey has made tremendous efforts to legalize homosexuality and protect gays and lesbians from discrimination.
In Saudi Arabia, the maximum punishment for homosexuality is public execution, but the government will use other punishments -- e.g., fines, jail time, and whipping -- as alternatives, unless it feels that homosexuals are challenging state authority by engaging in LGBT social movements. [8]

Iran is perhaps the nation to execute the largest number of its citizens for homosexuality. Since the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran, the Iranian government has executed more than 4000 people charged with homosexual acts.

In Afghanistan after the fall of the Taliban homosexuality went from a capital crime to one that it punished with fines and prison sentence.

Note- Turkey seems to be stepping up with the times, they also banned the burka.

Some Quranic quotes to tempt the suicide bombers into murdering for what Mohammad considered a heavenly treat -

52:17-29 And they shall have boys [ghilmaan] circulating among them as if they were hidden pearls.

76:19 And immortal boys [wildaanun mukhalladoona] will circulate among them, when you see them you will count them as scattered pearls.

Of course, Muhommad created this religion and now they hate homosexuals unless it is peophilia, then it is justified by the Quran.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
It is bigoted comments such as those of Jerry Falwell that have led to attacks upon gays throughout the USA. Some of those vicious attacks have led to deaths of law abiding gay citizens. Therefore, more should have been done to keep Falwell from opening up his bigoted mouth.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
It is just another example of how delusioned Mohammad must of been when he stuck his twig in camel dung and began the story of ALLAh...

and now these holy scriptures are once again used to justify crimes against humanity, even while they contradict and make no sense at all...

and today, centuries later, some fanatic Muslim makes a "HOLY SCRIPTURLY CORRECT' claim that is anit-social, A HATE CRIME and discriminatory...

and then the Muslims' wonder why they might have some social intolerance leveled back at them???

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Oh, really?

And what are your thoughts on the issue, Hotshot?

The censorship on this board wouldn't allow me to say what I really think, but the fact that they are born that way is psycobabble. Its just an excuse for what many think is a perversion.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Just more flame throwing by the Mad Mullahs and Insane Imams....

Saying it's ok to kill heterosexuals is just as monstrous - but he knows the community will take notice of a proposed "hate crime".

Saying they should kill regular people would go unnoticed - but the public is stirred when homosexual people are selected as targets.

Next they'll announce - "Kill all the children under ten".... or something equally as foul like all the mentally ill.

No reaction would be the best treatment for this jerk. He's too off the wall to bother with.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hotshot wrote: The censorship on this board wouldn't allow me to say what I really think, but the fact that they are born that way is psycobabble. Its just an excuse for what many think is a perversion.

Oh my Hotshot aren't we the little expert on every topic you post on, I think not. Someone who is gay is no more perverted than someone who isn't, I'm not the one posting psycobabble but you seem to have anger issues.