Neo-Nazi gather for Berlin march

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Envoy: 'German Jews feel unsafe'

Michael Regener was convicted of spreading racial hatred

The Israeli ambassador to Germany has said he is concerned for Jews in Germany, against the background of what he says is rising anti-semitism there.

In a newspaper interview, Shimon Stein said the number of neo-Nazis in Germany had also increased.
The interview appeared as neo-Nazi sympathisers gathered outside Berlin's Tegel Prison to demand the release of a singer jailed for three years.

A court ruled that Michael Regener's band was spreading racial hatred.

Mr Stein told the Neue Osnabruecker Zeitung he believed there was a greater willingness on behalf of neo-Nazis to use violence.

"I have the feeling that Jews in Germany do not feel safe. They are not always able to practice their religion freely," he said.

He said tightened security had been put in place around synagogues and other institutions.

He said the fact that neo-Nazis had made gains in recent regional elections showed that these tendencies could no longer be dismissed are marginal.

Rising violence
More than 1,200 neo-Nazis from across Europe were due to march on Tegel Prison on Saturday to demand Regener's release.

In March 2005, a German court rejected an appeal by the singer - aka "Lunikoff" - to have his sentence repealed.

Germany has strict laws against promoting Nazism or using Nazi symbols.

Three years ago, a Berlin court found the band Landser - meaning "foot soldiers" - guilty of spreading hatred of Jewish people and foreigners in Germany.

Landser's CD titles include The Reich Will Rise Again and Get The Enemy.

In February 2005, thousands of neo-Nazis marched through Dresden on the 60th anniversary of the allied bombing of the city.

It was one of the biggest far-right demonstrations in Germany's post-war history.

Last year the far-right National Democratic Party (NPD) won 9% of the vote in Saxony, giving it seats in a German state assembly for the first time since 1968.

In May, German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble urged extra vigilance from the public to help tackle a rise in far-right extremism. He said there should be no "no-go areas" for foreigners, as he presented an official report showing a rise in neo-Nazi violence in 2005.

news.bbc.co.uk

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Nazis are also up in arms in Russia, the USA, and in South Africa. They have harassed innocent people and destroyed property. Note how that brand of terrorism has gone unnoticed or uncriticized on this forum.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Nazis and their skinhead buddies have got mention on threads before. They've not been neglected. Along with their soccer goon friends, neo-fascists represent just one more scab on the tail that's increasingly wagging western society.

nelk

Electoral Member
May 18, 2005
atlantic canada
Why are jews in the same place after all what happend?

If I were a jew and aware of the ugly happenings of the elemination of my peers not only in Germany, but in many states around by ther totalitaerian regime and many collaborators, why would I set foot on those lands again?

As Begin said the Germans are guilty by inheritance of this genocide act.

Who wants to have that guilt carrying around his neck in perpetuum, even so incrediable amounts of payments for recompense and still ongoing claim settlements are payed by the (West)Germans exclusivly.
Not even the former East Germans, nor any other Europaen state recognised their need to make up.

The State of Israel was financed to a large extent by West German Taxes and no end of demands yet;
anyone surprised to expect and see a backlash.

Why in the world would, I if were a jew go there and settle again; isn't that playing Russian roulet?

Especially in a time where Globalisation, Reshaping of Europe has taken out or diminshed the economic power and success of many affected Countries!

I would give them the middlefinger salut and go elsewhere!

What is this attraction to go back?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Well in some respects I suppose Colpy and Sassy thirsting after a bit of the ole ultra-violence in response to demonstrations...and perhaps protests like the Quebec Summit of the Americas...

As a rule only the slaughter of Hutus or Tutsis by each other warrants complete ignorance, its the endorsed violence in Israel and Afghanistan and Iraq that we must always remember to pay attention to...Oh and the Holocaust too ...I damn near forgot!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hi Gopher

Could you expand on your information with a link or quote?

Here's one:

http://cbusimc.org/node/227

White supremacists caused a riot in Toledo, Ohio last year and when neighborhood people counter demonstrated, the police turned on them but not on the Nazis.

Generally, whenever I post a link people on this forum ignore the link and then pretend that I only make up the news. That is why I did not include one.

Here's anothe rjust in case anybody pretends that I made up the claim about skinheads in Russia:

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/87/345/10666_skinheads.html

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well in some respects I suppose Colpy and Sassy thirsting after a bit of the ole ultra-violence in response to demonstrations...and perhaps protests like the Quebec Summit of the Americas...

As a rule only the slaughter of Hutus or Tutsis by each other warrants complete ignorance, its the endorsed violence in Israel and Afghanistan and Iraq that we must always remember to pay attention to...Oh and the Holocaust too ...I damn near forgot!

Don't be silly, now Mikey.

As I've said, people have the right to PEACEFULLY protest, but when they threaten the lives of police or anyone else by willfully attacking them with iron bars (as was done to an officer at the Quebec City conference) I sincerely hope they get their comeuppance........delivered at about 1250 feet per second.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nazis are also up in arms in Russia, the USA, and in South Africa. They have harassed innocent people and destroyed property. Note how that brand of terrorism has gone unnoticed or uncriticized on this forum.
What are you trying to insinuate Gopher?

I can not stand Nazi pricks. The fact that I love a clean shaved head and my goatee, makes me look older(I have ababy face), has people pegging me as a skinhead. Quite frankly, I really wish they would all just die, but then, I would be just like them..

You know them Gopher? The ones that dismiss fact, because it does support their tiny train of thought.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Don't be silly, now Mikey.

As I've said, people have the right to PEACEFULLY protest, but when they threaten the lives of police or anyone else by willfully attacking them with iron bars (as was done to an officer at the Quebec City conference) I sincerely hope they get their comeuppance........delivered at about 1250 feet per second.

Colpy, you know full well, that that would be met with the typical "fascist" tags and cries for inquests. Law Enforcement is not a priority of the liberal mindset types. People should be allowed to proest "agressively", don't you know?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``` I can not stand Nazi pricks.```

Good for you. Some are under the illusion that there aren't any haters who go around terrorizing people in the name of their Christian God all over the world.

There is hope ...

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Skin Heads Neo/Nazis are scrum, and rarely is it about religion. Nice try thou Gopher, it's about losers who think being "White" makes them supreme beings. They blame their sorry little jobless and poor lives on anyone of color, most are to stupid to live but some how they survive and thrive. I just hope they don't breed.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Skin Heads Neo/Nazis are scrum, and rarely is it about religion. Nice try thou Gopher, it's about losers who think being "White" makes them supreme beings. They blame their sorry little jobless and poor lives on anyone of color, most are to stupid to live but some how they survive and thrive. I just hope they don't breed.
Unfortunetly Sass, I have dated women, with a taste for the neo nazi retoric, they are easy, and more then willing to breed. Great Spirit help us.