Islamic education; a child's view

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
And here are comments made by Muslims about the above:

And we muslims get all angry and upset when they refer to us as uncivilised! how can we be civilised if all we do is feed our children this propaganda and hatred.
Don't you dare getting all edgy and start throwing verses from the Quran on me, I know what I'm talking about, too bad most muslims don't.

Religions :: Comment (6) :: Permalink
!!!! [Reply]

I feel more and more disappointed whenever I see, read or hear of such stories.
I feel disgust that our so-called "Muslim" societies still harbour ignorance and such dangerous educational negligence!
I am so ashamed that good, educated muslims have to share the same respectable religious title as those nonsensically brainwashed zombies......
What can I say?!
At one point, we Arab Muslims deserve to be punched in the head and kicked in the groin by the West.... (referring to your earlier comment, Acrophobia).....
because in alot of ways, we insist on our ignorance, stubborness and non-existent pride.
Maybe in a way, it is our fault that we do not (or cannot) spread our healthy knowledge of what Islam is all about.
We should blame ourselves for allowing the Media to mock us and weaken our image by them targeting the (possibly) poor and illiterate.

Amorphous | 23/11/2005, 02:46
[Reply]

I found this piece very insightful
http://blogs.albawaba.com/nazmi/2028/2005/11/22/2169-____
if you and I don't do something about what we see wrong then who will?! the americans? I dont think so.

acrophobia | 23/11/2005, 12:20
The needs of the future? [Reply]

Can't we simpley focus on our lives and our future we need and or important needs the middle east will face a sever shortage of water in the future what have we done to fix this problem . people we are talking about water the basic need
have we build enough dame ? what about making the education why we don't make it relavent to our needs.
and please give you children space to think and explore and to love.

Thinker | 30/11/2005, 21:04
abu jubair [Reply]

Al hamdu lillah!!! This little sister may Allah guide her(ameen) speaks the the truth. The problem with most muslims is that we love the kuffar and there ways, wanting to be just like them. Islaam and the Muslsims will not witness sakinah until we return back to our deen. The first three generations of Islaam witnessed this only!!!

abu jubair | 01/12/2005, 03:06
Not true [Reply]

It's not about that we admire "Kuffar's" way of living. What Acrophobia is pointing to is simply a brainwash for a child who barely knows her name. This is not the right way to bring up a child...

Funky Dude | 07/12/2005, 19:08
[Reply]

abu jubair,
There is no way that Islam can be spread as a serene and tolerant religion if we are to call the Jews "apes and pigs", and surely, Allah (SWT) did not claim that.
When people who claim that they are "muslims" speak with such obnoxious language, and then quote it as "ALLAH's" words, that is one of the definitions of "Koffor".
It is irrelevant to speak of muslims who love the kuffar and their ways; we are discussing a little girl who has been brainwashed into ignorance and false information. This is what corrupts the image of Islam and true muslims.
This is what makes Islam look ugly.
And this is how "fitnah" radiates into muslim societies like cancer.
I am not a fan of Jews, but I will not tolerate anyone calling any of Allah's creation "apes and pigs". Because this is not the way to portray civilized tolerance as a muslim.
And I am against kuffars and their ways, but then, I make it my own duty not to follow them. But I will not curse a kaafer because he or she is one of Allah's mankind, and that person might become muslim one day.
There is my "Sakinah". You will never find your way to it through hatred and rejection....

http://blogs.albawaba.com/acrophobia/1064/2005/11/22/2184-iqra_tv

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
earth, how lovely of you to support the Jihad movement, and to discriminate against the child who has been a "good muslim".

Why can you not contribute?

It amuses me no end that every time l post something created by the Muslim Jihad, this is taken as 'hatred". l didn't take my little old video crew out and make this, this was produced to show the other Muslims' what a good Muslim child is taught.

So ask yourself, being a Jihad Muslim and all, and your friends, how does this teaching work with Western Society and freedom and peace???

Last edited:

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
Thinker | 30/11/2005, 21:04
abu jubair [
Reply]

Al hamdu lillah!!! This little sister may Allah guide her(ameen) speaks the the truth.[/
QUOTE]
--supplied by earth

thanks earth for showing us that the Jihad Muslim is alive and true within your community.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
"...all we do is feed our children this propaganda and hatred.
Don't you dare getting all edgy and start throwing verses from the Quran on me"

--supplied by earth

thanks for this earth, really appreciate that Jihadists are alive and kicking in our communties...

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/009.qmt.html#009.029

Earth and friends that you made up,
In regard to your threat on my freedom of speech, and your Jihad friend who doesn't want me to qoute the Quran---

just tell yourself, uh, l mean your "friend" that l dare, you see it is a free country and even though you have already threatened me, in true JIHAD MUSLIM TERRORIST FASHION, Canadians, and Westerners, live in a free society and we are entitled to bring the truth to light.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
earth, how lovely of you to support the Jihad movement, and to discriminate against the child who has been a "good muslim".

Why can you not contribute?

It amuses me no end that every time l post something created by the Muslim Jihad, this is taken as 'hatred". l didn't take my little old video crew out and make this, this was produced to show the other Muslims' what a good Muslim child is taught.

So ask yourself, being a Jihad Muslim and all, and your friends, how does this teaching work with Western Society and freedom and peace???

The video referenced in the first post on this string shows the results of hate propaganda on a three year old. Pretty sad that adults would do this to a child rather than fill her heart with magic, joy and wonder...

But how different are most of us from this child? Few of us have first hand knowledge about Iraq, Iran and Palesetine. Like this girl, our opinions are based on what we are told. How likely is it that the talking heads that gave us opinions about the links between Iraq and 9/11 and Iraq's WMDs are more honest now than they were then?

What are the odds the media has suddenly become more honest?

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
Some insight into the current situations in religious schools, supported by the Quran-

Back to (religious) school
New school year in Iran
Spetember 30, 2006
iranian.com

The new academic year started last week and schools in Iran open for about 15 million school pupils. As expected, the government of Ahmadinejad has planned new measures of islamisation -- Education Ministry announced a ban on male teachers from girl schools. Furthermore, “all students have to take part in the daily ritual in communal halls”, state-run media reported.

As reflected in the decisive restriction of Islamic norms, according to state media and forceful calls of Hardliners, Tehran police Chief Brigadier General Morteza Tala’i announced the formation of a new “Youth Police” which will be present in schools across the city. This extra police are in place to mainly enforce measures of gender segregation, against non-Islamic attitudes and especially to threaten school girls who are considered to be “bad hijab”. The idea of definitive gender segregation is the main obsession of the IRI
As I described in a previous article "Non-Mahram" the sickening growth of violence against female population in Iran has drastically limited the conditions of work, education, art, sport, entertainment and general freedom of social life for women. The reason why Islam lays great emphasis on hijab is to avoid the unnecessary contacts between a Muslim female with a non-mahram, a male person out of close family circle, or being alone together "Khalwah or Khalvat".

...Therefore in the Islamic societies, ...there was no role for a female in theatre or music - from which a collective style of art was inspired and extended into the society.

“Madresseh” or early schools in the Islamic societies were initially then preferably built for male Muslim children. ...Needless to mention that based on Freudian psychoanalysis, such a sex-separation not only reduces the learning efficiency of students, but also damages the normal sequence of developmental stages of children and can lead to later different sexual perversities. In fact, sexual frustration can transform into drastic side effects, like sadism, aggression or blind obedience, as remarked in religious or authoritarian societies described by W. Reich.

...The effects of sex-segregation as resonance of the non-mahram dogma have had also crucial results on the social backwardness. As a psychological effect, a group of mixed-sex persons behaves not only socially but also in performance very differently from a group of the same sex. Considering only the factor of mixture, the first group is more motivated and more efficient than the second one. The women's non active participation in economy and production of social needs is another reason for backwardness. Furthermore, the secluded Muslim woman would not be a pattern symbol for her children for modernity, progress and democracy.

Under the IRI children, mostly from lower-class, are indoctrinated to become Basidjis, martyrs, jihadists and whatever the regime wants. Many of these school boys were victims of the Iran-Iraq war-- the regime indoctrinate them to walk across mine fields to clear the path for a “ticket to heaven and virgins”. Some 30000 Basidjis left their schools and underwent military training at mosques during the first year of the current war.

... More restrictions are underway, school books are going to be more archaic and Islamic, further recruitments of school boys for jihadist activities can be planned, school girls will be more under hijab-control. In a few words, all of it means fewer rights for children.

According to the IRI’s constitution, since the language of the Koran and Islamic texts and teachings is Arabic, and since Persian literature is thoroughly permeated by this language, it must be taught after elementary level, in all classes of secondary school and in all areas of study. Therefore, lesson of Arabic language and reading of the Koran will gain more compulsory character despite abhor of an increasing majority of school children.

But under the totalitarian IRI, there can be no defender of the rights of children to claim that their rights should override any religious and ideological considerations....The constitution does not tolerate any change in model or concept.

... In other words, Iranian children are deprived from very normal mixed- sex schools and all privileges of secular and free schools as long as the IRI with all its parasitic institutions exist. –Jahanshah Rasidian

to pretend that the Quran, and it's 161 verses of violent acts to non-Muslims' is not instilled on these children is to not acknowledge the problem. Without acknowledging the core issue, nothin can be done for these children. It is through acknowledgement that change can happen. There are no shortcuts.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
OK, I watched the vid, I can only assume that what was typed across the bottom of the screen, is in fact what she said. For all I know, she could have been discussing Barney.

But, if that is what she was saying, she is but a parrot, she has no consept of what she is saying. A child of that age is not more cognisent of the commentary she was saying, then if she was describing the thenth planet.

It's quite funny though, the woman interviewer, an obviously devout Muslim woman, was not wearing a veil. Things that, once again, make me go "Hmmmmmmmmmm"!

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
its all fake
the girl is talking about her family and her love for them

i wonder who would go to the trouble of slandering these good people on the video
and by extension people of simlilar phenotype

i wonder

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
its all fake
the girl is talking about her family and her love for them

i wonder who would go to the trouble of slandering these good people on the video
and by extension people of simlilar phenotype

i wonder
Do you speak whatever language she is speaking?

Or are you merely interjecting for the sake of seeing your thoughts on your screen?

If it is the fore mentioned, please elaborate, I and many others would love to know the real context of the interview.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If you go to the second link in this string you will see my post by what appears to comments by Muslims about this video. Most don't agree with it, suggesting that the little girl's view isn't mainstream Islam, but a minority viewpoint. Those people they think its authentic.

MEMRI appears to be an Israeli propaganda feed.

http://www.memri.org/

Memri TV got something from their archives, a very interesting interview that was aired on Iqra' TV like 2 years ago, its an interview with an egyptian girl who was at the time only three and a half years old.[/SIZE]

http://blogs.albawaba.com/acrophobia/1064/2005/11/22/2184-iqra_tv

IQRA appears to be a rabid anti-West anti-Israel Saudi TV station which often broadcasts rubbish like the stuff above.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If you go to the second link in this string you will see my post by what appears to comments by Muslims about this video. Most don't agree with it, suggesting that the little girl's view isn't mainstream Islam, but a minority viewpoint. Those people they think its authentic.

MEMRI appears to be an Israeli propaganda feed.

http://www.memri.org/

IQRA appears to be a rabid anti-West anti-Israel Saudi TV station which often broadcasts rubbish like the stuff above.

Thank you earth. You know, my opinions likely won't change, but at least you have given me food for thought. I've always known there were two sides to every story, I just have more intel on the other side now, ty.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
Yes Bear, l really like your points, l had a friend who understands the language take a look, apparently it is indeed authentic.

And there is alot on the internet to show that it is very unfortunate what is being taught in this day and age.

But to acknowledge the problem is the beginning of change.

With all the humanitarian aid being poured into the country hopefully things can change, and this discrimination will not be tolerated.

Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be a lot of monitoring on the Muslim Schools in the Western world.

In reviewing the report about the school in Iran,that l have posted, it truly identifies the problem.It identifies the core problem with gender discrimination that is not tolerated here.

It makes me wonder what the Islam schools in the Western world is teaching the children.

Do they have to report to the minister of education and follow guidlines like the public schools???

And how are the teachers selected for the schools?????????

Are the children being taught gender discrimination? Are the children being taught the violent passages from the Qur'an ??????

I think it is vital for these innocent children to be protected from JIHAD teachings and the medieval teachings of violence and prejudice that permeates the Quran teachings.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes Bear, l really like your points, l had a friend who understands the language take a look, apparently it is indeed authentic.

And there is alot on the internet to show that it is very unfortunate what is being taught in this day and age.

But to acknowledge the problem is the beginning of change.

With all the humanitarian aid being poured into the country hopefully things can change, and this discrimination will not be tolerated.

Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be a lot of monitoring on the Muslim Schools in the Western world.

In reviewing the report about the school in Iran,that l have posted, it truly identifies the problem.It identifies the core problem with gender discrimination that is not tolerated here.

It makes me wonder what the Islam schools in the Western world is teaching the children.

Do they have to report to the minister of education and follow guidlines like the public schools???

And how are the teachers selected for the schools?????????

Are the children being taught gender discrimination? Are the children being taught the violent passages from the Qur'an ??????

I think it is vital for these innocent children to be protected from JIHAD teachings and the medieval teachings of violence and prejudice that permeates the Quran teachings.

I agree northstar, but first we have to step back and look at the entire picture. It is not a pretty landscape, all easily dissernable. It is muddled multi factioned mess. To equate all Muslims by one mathematical chart is useless. You will only give proof and fuel to the Islam-o-fascist, that the West is out to get all the Muslims. Yes, we should not have to on our own soil, but that is the case, and we must take metered steps to ensure our actions are consice and controlled.

I know this is in contridiction to my feelings on torture, but we are talking about civilians here, not combatants or percieved theats. Many will argue that many at Gitmo, came from the very communities I'm now trying to defend, and thus making my arguement look hypocritical. On some levels this could be true.

What I'm trying to get across here is, we need to identify the groups within our borders and watch them carefully. if at anytime, these groups are found to be promoting or supporting a militant ideology towards our Nations, then we must shake off the kid gloves and act.

It is high time the Muslim community took some responsiblity and some of the onous on themselves. if they truely believe that they are suffering because of the acts of a few, they must, and have claimed to be doing just so, take action to assist in our locating and removing of these militant leaders, Imam's and money movers.

But first we have to stop lumping the entire group, into one tidy lil box, it only furthers the aggression, and devides the masses.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
It is important to note that the reason people lump the Muslims' into one group is because of the proof that when unmonitored we suddenly have to deal with terrorist activity. For example the plot In Toronto.
This activity is going on all over the world. And then there are the new fashion suddenly replacing the lovely garments and headscarves we used to see, now it is this frightening burka and facal mask. Then their are the riots with burning of effigies and clear contempt of other religions. Then we see contempt of our security measures by those who are trying to cover their face for a passport photo, then we see, other examples within our own communities of the web of terrorist fund-raising and recruitment attempts that begin with giving false twisted information about world events in order to gather sympathy. The same terrorist bloggers, are also justifying the actions of social intolerance, as human rights issues and discrimination, when in fact the actions are being imposed upon a society which has social sturctures in place to support our justice, our school, our democratic rights, and our freedoms. So these are all actions of discrimination on us, in an attempt to have the world revolve around the law of Islam.

I know that some Muslims' are taking a stand, and it takes great courage, because as we have seen recently in the news, their have been threats against them if they fail to participate.

I am always referring to those Jihad Muslims' ---this term means 'struggle" in Arabic, and has been the self-title used in the terrorist training camps and recruitment efforts.

It is time for Muslims to find the courage and character to start defending our country in which they chose to live. This means that they accept the fact that fundemental Islam, which calles all Muslim's to Jihad and follow the Quran teachings of punishment to all non-Muslims', is a supporting piller of terrorism. Currently we are in a war on Terrorism, and it is a world war. THEREFORE, it is time to open our eyes to this situation, and review how this religion works in our society, so that we can establish peace without these actions of discrimination against the human rights and freedom of every Canadian.

Toronto terror plot foiled -- Canada

FBI: Suspects may have had 'limited contact' with Georgia men

Saturday, June 3, 2006; Posted: 4:56 p.m. EDT
if(!cnnUseDelayedCSI){cnnAddCSI('imageChanger0','/2006/WORLD/americas/06/03/canada.terror/imgChng/p0-0.exclude.html','pNo=0');}

TORONTO, Ontario (CNN) -- Canadian police said on Saturday they had halted a "real and serious" terror threat in and around Toronto.
Twelve men and five youths said to have been inspired by al Qaeda were arrested in the operation involving hundreds of officers, authorities said.
The group was "planning to commit a series of terrorist attacks against solely Canadian targets in southern Ontario," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell said at a news conference.
"This group took steps to acquire three tons of ammonium nitrate and other components necessary to create explosive devices," he said. (Watch police chief describe how suspects got bomb materials -- 0:36)
"To put this in context, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people took one ton of ammonium nitrate."
The detained suspects are all males, Canadian residents "from a variety of backgrounds" and followers of a "violent ideology inspired by al Qaeda," said Luc Portelance, assistant director of operations for Canadian Security Intelligence Service. (Full list of adult suspects)
The adults ranged in age from 19 to 43, and all lived in Ontario, according to Canadian police. No information was released on the youths.
The charges they face include participating in terrorist group activity such as training and recruitment; the provision of property for terrorist purposes; and the "commission of indictable offenses, including firearms and explosives in association with a terrorist group."
The targets were all in Toronto, CNN's Jeanne Meserve reported at least one source as telling her.Authorities did not release information on targets except to say they did not include the Toronto Transit Commission.
"This group posed a real and serious threat," McDonell said. "It had the capacity and intent to carry out these attacks."
U.S. link probed

Some suspects "may have had limited contact with the two people recently arrested from Georgia," FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said, referring to Syed Ahmed, a 21-year-old Georgia Insitute of Technology student, and 19-year-old Ehsanul Sadequee.
Both men traveled from Atlanta to Canada in March 2005 to meet with three men who were the subjects of an FBI international terrorism investigation, an FBI agent said, according to an affidavit unsealed in April.
Ahmed told authorities that "during some of these meetings, he, Sadequee and the others discussed strategic locations in the United States suitable for a terrorist strike, to include oil refineries and military bases," the court paper said. (Full story)
U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff spoke by telephone with his counterpart, Canadian Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day, on Saturday morning to discuss the latest events north of the border. (Watch Canada's prime minister explain why his country was targeted -- 1:24)
"We believe we have a strong posture at the Canadian border and we will continue to do so," said a U.S. Department of Homeland Security spokesman, adding that no additional protective measures were being taken.
The overnight Canadian raids involved most of the police forces in the Toronto area, police spokeswoman Cpl. Michele Paradis said.
Federal agencies including border and intelligence agents worked with the police under the auspices of the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team, Paradis said.
Such anti-terror operations in Canada are rare. It is not clear if the sweep is related to a raid in East London Friday, one of the largest there since the London transit bombings in July. That raid was carried out with the help of police and Britain's domestic spy agency, MI5. (Full story)
In March 2004 a man from Ottawa, Canada -- Mohammad Momin Khawaja -- was charged in connection with terror-related offenses that involved activities there and in London.
And Ahmed Ressam, who was convicted of conspiracy to detonate a suitcase bomb at Los Angeles International Airport during millennium celebrations, was stopped upon entering Washington state from Canada. His trunk contained explosives and timing devices.
CNN's Jeanne Meserve and Kevin Bohn contributed to this report.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
OK, I watched the vid, I can only assume that what was typed across the bottom of the screen, is in fact what she said. For all I know, she could have been discussing Barney.

But, if that is what she was saying, she is but a parrot, she has no consept of what she is saying. A child of that age is not more cognisent of the commentary she was saying, then if she was describing the thenth planet.

It's quite funny though, the woman interviewer, an obviously devout Muslim woman, was not wearing a veil. Things that, once again, make me go "Hmmmmmmmmmm"!

How different is this girl from other people who simply parrot generalizations about entire groups of people because that's whet they have been told? Its a lot easier to see prejudice in others than to see it in ourselves, but just like this little girl we all have them.

Its possible that when this girl gets a little older, and gains more access to information, she might begin to think for herself and figure out that "Jews" are not "Apes and Pigs". Its also possible that people who lump all Muslims into one group and believe they are all plotting to kill us and take over the world or other ridiculous notions and develop a more realistic viewpoint of Islam rather than one based on selective truths, manipulations, outright lies and deceptions.

CDNBear,
Not all Muslim women were veils. Islam is as diverse as Christianity. Expecting every Muslim to behave the same way would be like expecting every Christian to behave like a Jehovah Witness. The two main Muslim sects are Sunni and Shi'ite, but literally hundreds of other sects exist ranging from extreme fundamentalist to secularist.

My observation is that most Muslims tend to be moderate. What I mean is most are tolerant and open minded. Many have adapted to our way of doing things but sometimes they prefer to do things their own way. Take veils for example. Most Muslim women in Canada don't wear them. Most wear a headscarf. Most are tolerant of other religions and respect the right of others to choose.

If you ask Muslims which religion is the one true religion, most will give you the same answer you would get from most Jews or Christians. Their religion is of course!

But most accept that religion is a free choice. If you read the Muslim responses to that video, you will see what I mean. The majority posted a tolerant viewpoint.

Last edited:

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
My apologies if I kind of wandered into this thread out of place, but here are my thoughts...

All fundamentalists, regardless of the religion they come from, are ****ed up, in my opinion. 'Christian evangelists', 'jihad muslims'... all of them freak the hell right out of me!

The major difference, as someone posted in the following YouTube link, is that these muslim fundamentalists are more desperate than the christian fundamentalists, hence suicide bombings. I'd say there might be some truth to that.

Check out this video of "Jesus Camp".

Tryin' to show you both sides, kinda like Fox News ;) Both sides of the same rotten coin...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
That Jesus camp is pretty screwed up. Its about as far out as the video in this string's first post.

Neither video represents mainstream. Obviously some Christians and Muslims harbor extremely intolerant viewpoints. Its troubling that adults would teach children intolerance and hate.

But neither extreme represents the will of the majority. Most people are tolerant of others and want peace.

That said, we must overcome barriers of ignorance and fear which have been used to support unjustified wars. A person may believe others have prejudices, but few among us recognize our own prejudices. We often believe we see things clearly as they are. But the truth is no one is completely free of distortions caused by misinformation. Misinformation is around us. Like these children, all of us have distorted perceptions to some degree.

A good example of a common distortion is the way most of us percieve the word Jihad.

Does this image seem like an oxymoron?

It shouldn't. Jihad means "struggle". If you perceive it to mean "holy war" than your perception of this word has been distorted from its true meaning.

Jihad can be used correctly to describe a struggle for peace, tolerance, justice or freedom. When someone uses this word incorrectly, it should raise a flag, that their message is likely as misinformed as their understanding of the word. This is what Jihad means:

[FONT=verdana,Arial]Muslim intellectuals need to show that our struggle in the present-day has more to do with striving for economic development, modernisation and the creation of civil society.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,Arial]The Evolution of 'Jihad' in Islamist Political Discourse[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]6/6/2003 - Religious Political - Article Ref: IV0306-1994[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]By: Farish A. Noor[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Iviews* - [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Islamist discourse, like any other political discourse, is full of plastic concepts and ideas that are meant to serve politically utilitarian and instrumental purposes. But what is important for us to remember is that the instrumental use of such plastic concepts (including 'democracy', 'human rights', 'justice', etc.) invariably leads to their contestation as well, as they come to serve as tools for political mobilization.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]The word 'Jihad' has now entered the space of international political and media discourse, along with those other well-known favourites, 'Fatwa', 'Mullah' and 'Shariah'. Yet this entry has also been a disabling one that has robbed the word of some of its meaning while stretching the limits of its signification even further. 'Fatwa' for instance, has now come to mean 'death penalty' thanks to the fatwa against the British Muslim author Salman Rushdie. But those who have some knowledge of Islamic jurisprudence will tell you that 'Fatwa' really means 'judicial ruling'- and these rulings can range from grave matters like the death penalty to mundane everyday concerns like the proper price of sheep in the market. The latest casualty in the war over meaning is the word 'Jihad'.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]That the term 'Jihad' has become...[/FONT]

[/FONT]

When you really think about it, how different are we from the children in these videos?

Last edited:

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Northstar, You are dispicable.

This could be Fake, not only that. It is a child.

Also Id like you to explain to me how my moms friend is a Female Muslim, rasied in Lybia and has a PHD in Medicine?

If Muslim Education is so poor and currupt, how could this 40 something be able to learn such things?

Please also explain to me how her sisters all went to universitys? and How her Brothers all gotto go to school in england?

Northstar their is a reason why I dont use links, and other texts, becauseyou cant rely on them to be thruthful or accurate, also its simple to find an opinion that matches your own and post it and then say....."see iam right this guy thinks the same things as me, so therefore iam right" Wrong, sadly it means their is another hate filled idiot walking the streets.

If your so worried about the Muslim world, by all means do something about it. Perhaps you can do the Christain thing and embracethem, Put differances aside and befriend muslims, then you will see that the Magjority of those muslim friends if not all, will be well mannerd, non violent and fair people. Its unfortunate you sell yourself short and jump on the hate train.

And as for your Jihadist bull****, I dont support Jihadist nor do I support Hardline Christains...why because both have twisted their text....but it seems to me you would like to pin the tittle "Jihadist supporter" on anyone who dissagrees, I DISSAGREE, AND i WILL NOT ACCEPT THAT TITTLE. why do you ask, becuase Iam not close minded, nor Iam I simple enough to think all people are the same way. Also I see much Value in the Quran. Perhaps you should read thewhole text, and get the whole picture of things. Maybe read the History of how Islam came to be, and not be a bigot and make some Muslim friends.

God doesnt want you to hate anyone, Maybe instead of listening to you small human brain you should listen to God, Imean if you are infact a christian. But It wouldnt surprise me if youw ernt ethier, obviously I see no Chrsitan Heart in your Postings, only complete ignorance and hate.