And this is considered Honor?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
This article made me cry.

September 20, 2006
UK: Six Year Old Girl Burned To Death For Muslim "Honor"
The little girl at left is six-year old Alisha Begum, whose family are of Bangladeshi origin. She was the victim of an arson attack at the family home on Friday, March 10 this year. The attack took place on Bayswater Road, Perry Barr, in Birmingham. Two men had broken into the house and thrown petrol accelerant into the building, setting it alight, and had then fled. The fire was so ferocious that the rest of the family who were in the house had to jump from an upstairs window to escape. Little Alisha was trapped in her bedroom in her bunk bed, where the flames were the most intense.

Alisha suffered from 95% to 100% burns, and died the following day at Birmingham Children's Hospital. On Friday April 7, two men were charged with her murder.

Today, the Telegraph reports from the trial of the two men at Birmingham Crown Court. A 26-year old dentist, Hussein Ahmad, and 18-year old Daryll Tuzzio are being tried for one count of murder (that of Alisha Begum), and nine counts of attempted murder (the rest of the family).

Yesterday, the court was told by prosecutor Adrian Redgrave: "One hears of so-called honour killings though one may wonder how by any stretch of the imagination there can be any honour in what happened here, resulting in the death of a six-year-old child."

"Hussain and his associates knew that at the house there was not only Abdul Hamid, and he was the one they were trying to get at, but they knew full well that there was a whole family living there."

Alisha's brother, 21-year old Abdul Hamid, had been seeing a teenaged girl, Meherun Khanum, since the end of 2005. Meherun was the sister of Hussein Ahmad. When her family found out about the relationship, a threatening phone call was made to Abdul on Thursday, March 9, warning him to stay away from the 15-year old girl.The following day, the arson attack took place, shortly before midnight.

Mr Redgrave described the attack as "pure wickedness" which had been done to threaten Abdul Hamid for forming an "unauthorised relationship" with Hussein Ahmad's sister Meherun.

The two accused deny the charges against them, and the trial continues.

Animals F@#$ing Animals, honor they wouldn't know what that word means-backward filth.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Another reason why treating all cultures equally in this grand experiment of global partnership is folly. Honour dictates that we stand up for decency. And condemn its opposite. Time to start!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
And when they feel there will be reprisals where they have immigrated, they take their daughters back to their own countries and kill them. Honor killing is acceptable.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I believe in the "Don't piss on my boots" philosophy. I don't really care that much what you do to yourself as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Honor killings crosses a line, because one person or group is imposing their will on someone else.

If you want to worship Mohammed, fine go ahead. If you want to worship a cow, who cares. Just don't impose your believes on me or anyone else.

I know many Muslims and all of them, as in every single one, finds the idea of honor killings abhorrent. There are no references in the Qu'ran I am aware of which could even be twisted into supporting honor killings.

There is no specific mention of honor killing in the Qur'an or Hadiths. An honor killing, in Islamic definitions, refers specifically to extra-legal punishment by the family against the woman, and is technically forbidden by the Sharia (Islamic law). Some Islamic religious authorities and Muslims, disagree with extra-legal punishments such as honor killing and prohibit it, since they consider the practice to be a cultural issue. [18] They believe that since certain pre-Islamic cultures have influence over a number of Muslims, murderers of females use Islam to justify honor killing, even though there is no support for the act in the religion itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Of course "honor" killings are wrong. I don't see how we can judge all muslim cultures based on this. We see horrible murders that are just as senseless everyday in this country. The reason for the murder doesn't matter.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The problem is many honour killings in Muslim countries have official sanction. In areas like Pakistan they're even mandated by the courts. When a court can direct such activity it has to be taken more seriously.