France Calls for Boosting of Ties with Iran

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Despite the United States' frequent calls on the EU to increase pressures on Iran and limit ties with the Islamic Republic, Paris has called for the enhancement of all-out relations with Tehran and this has been the underlying cause for the recent visit to France by President's senior advisor, Iranian government spokesman said.

"French officials submitted a message to us which both showed their profound enthusiasm for developing all-out ties with Iran and asked for the dispatch of a special envoy to Paris to discuss the two sides' wide potentials for further cooperation in all various areas," Gholam Hossein Elham told reporters during his weekly press briefing here on Monday.

"Thus, President Ahmadinejad dispatched his senior advisor Hashemi Samareh to France," he continued, saying that during his talks with various French officials, including President Jacque Chirac, Samareh has exchanged views about enhancement of cooperation through optimum utilization of the two states' potentials.

Elham further described Samareh's negotiations with the French officials as positive and useful, asserting that the talks have paved a proper and convenient ground for the development of ties.

Elsewhere, he referred to Iran's nuclear issue and mentioned, "What we have presented as our response to the EU's package of proposals included this very main point that the two sides can resolve the issue through reasonable negotiations and in compliance with the international rules and laws."

The Spokesman viewed Iran-West talks as positive, saying that Tehran perceives a desirable prospect for the present trend of negotiations as there resides no restriction in the way of talks.

Describing time-bound suspension as a misunderstanding, he stressed once more that nuclear talks must be free from prerequisite.

Elham rejected reports that Iran could agree to the short-term suspension of its enrichment activities for the resumption of nuclear talks with the west, reiterating that such a notion was a result of a "misunderstanding."

He said, "Iran has made no decision whatsoever to suspend enrichment," but meantime stressed that all issues pertinent to Iran's nuclear case "can be raised in the negotiations."

Asked about the possibility of a meeting between the Iranian and American Presidents during the upcoming UN General Assembly meeting at the United Nations headquarters in New York, the Government Spokesman reminded, "The issue at work is not negotiation or talks, rather there could be a debate between President Ahmadinejad and his American counterpart George W Bush, and when it comes to debating, where else could be a better place than the United Nations?"

In response to the recent insulting statements by Pope Benedict XVI against the religion of Islam, he reminded the rich and historical culture of Islam, and stressed that the remarks by the leader of the world's Catholic church result from ignorance and lack of comprehension and proper understanding of the Islamic culture.

Meantime, the official viewed Pope's remarks as worrisome, and reminded that international movement of Zionism, supported by the US, intends to undermine solidarity of religions through sowing seeds of discord among them.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8506270586

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What a novel idea. Problem is they won't be an enemy. How could the world be saved without an enemy to fight?

...back to the chaos and carnage where real peace is made.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Gopher, he won't talk about it. Uh uh. Not good for the image.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Blackleaf said:

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Despite the United States' frequent calls on the EU to increase pressures on Iran and limit ties with the Islamic Republic, Paris has called for the enhancement of all-out relations with Tehran and this has been the underlying cause for the recent visit to France by President's senior advisor, Iranian government spokesman said.

"French officials submitted a message to us which both showed their profound enthusiasm for developing all-out ties with Iran and asked for the dispatch of a special envoy to Paris to discuss the two sides' wide potentials for further cooperation in all various areas," Gholam Hossein Elham told reporters during his weekly press briefing here on Monday.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8506270586

Who cares about what the United states says?? nobody should, good call from france, they show to the world, that united states and the whole coaltion of the willing, can put their "new world order" in their beautiful.....

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Right... Iran is completely willing to be reasonable... Have you heard their president speak before?

I really don't care much about what the French say. They're just not important on the world stage.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: France Calls for Boosting of Ties with Iran

tracy said:
Right... Iran is completely willing to be reasonable... Have you heard their president speak before?

I really don't care much about what the French say. They're just not important on the world stage.

Who has used nuclear weapons in history?

Who has enough nuclear weapons to blow up the entire planet?

Does iran has nuclear weapons right now?

did iran ever attacked anyone based on a lie?

are iran troops around the world?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Logic 7 said:
Who has used nuclear weapons in history?

The US, but if your knowledge of history is as good as current events, don't go there.

Logic 7 said:
Who has enough nuclear weapons to blow up the entire planet?

Russia

Logic 7 said:
Does iran has nuclear weapons right now?

No, otherwise they would have wiped out Israel.

Logic 7 said:
did iran ever attacked anyone based on a lie?

I dunno, how far back are we allowed to go? You back to WWII, can we say Sassanian Empire?

Logic 7 said:
are iran troops around the world?

No, they're too busy oppressing people back home.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Kreskin said:
I think not said:
Kreskin said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Tell that to Iran's leader and Al Jazeera.

Tell them what, they will forever be an enemy because Bush says so?

Tell them what I said, they didn't really say, otherwise why would you comment about it being a conspiracy theory?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think not said:
Kreskin said:
I think not said:
Kreskin said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Tell that to Iran's leader and Al Jazeera.

Tell them what, they will forever be an enemy because Bush says so?

Tell them what I said, they didn't really say, otherwise why would you comment about it being a conspiracy theory?

They said they would blow up Israel with nukes? Bush would love us to think that's their intent, helps him remain relevant to his base.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Kreskin said:
They said they would blow up Israel with nukes? Bush would love us to think that's their intent, helps him remain relevant to his base.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

Al Jazeera

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

tracy said:
I believe he said wipe Israel off the map or something to that effect. He isn't exactly a moderate.

He speaks to his base through the media. Won't be the first time a politician tries making himself look the tough guy for print.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think not said:
Kreskin said:

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

Al Jazeera

They probably used babelfish to get a literal translation. Has he made any statements in follow up to how this was translated for westerners?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Kreskin said:
I think not said:
Kreskin said:

Al Jazeera

They probably used babelfish to get a literal translation. Has he made any statements in follow up to how this was translated for westerners?

It's from Al Jazeera Kreskin, I think they know how to translate from Arabic to English. And no he hasn't. He stands by what he said.

You'll believe anything dumb, moronic and danegerous coming out of GWB's mouth, but when a President of a theocratic country like Iran (the same Iran who hangs "fags"), comes out and makes threats, you have a hard time believing it. May I ask why?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think not said:
Kreskin said:
I think not said:
Kreskin said:

Al Jazeera

It's from Al Jazeera Kreskin, I think they know how to translate from Arabic to English. And no he hasn't. He stands by what he said.

You'll believe anything dumb, moronic and danegerous coming out of GWB's mouth, but when a President of a theocratic country like Iran (the same Iran who hangs "fags"), comes out and makes threats, you have a hard time believing it. May I ask why?

No, I don't believe even he believes it. He has to play the political game, just as Bush does. Do you think he would stay in power very long if he cowered to Bush? Not a chance. They're all full of bs.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Kreskin said:
They're all full of bs.

Possibly. when Chirac announced to the world, France will use nuclear weapons if they "felt" they had to, it went over everybody's head. Nobody even remembers it anymore. But when a President from Iran has screwball imams pulling his strings, I think it's a call to worry.