Which country you think will send the most troops to Lebanon

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Which country you think will send the most troops to Leb

Italy most likely. Even they can't f.uck up a U.N. babysitting mission. As a side note however, the word on the street around 1 Brigade in Edmonton is that we'll be sending some troops when the mandate is defined. We could be looking at a deployment of the IRU - LdSH(RC) - with a few groups from satellite units; i.e. 1 Field Ambulance, 1 CER, 3 PPCLI, 1 CMBG HQ and Sigs, 1 Service Batallion, and boys from the CFJSR in Kingston. The word going down is an 1,200 man force will deploy in a light role to police a buffer zone. We'll see if that happens.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON

When will all this international babysitting end? Everywhere you look there's some jackass country needing assistance. We need some tough love administered.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Re: RE: Which country you think will send the most troops to

tamarin said:
When will all this international babysitting end? Everywhere you look there's some jackass country needing assistance. We need some tough love administered.

Maybe you have it backwards. If the countries started acting like they belonged to a greater community maybe the need for troops would end.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON

Charity and responsibility start at home. We wouldn't have this maelstrom of stupidity if countries would insist on running a tight ship and a clean government. We are not responsible for the screw-ups ad nauseum of the world's losers. Every country coming cup in hand should be read the riot act. The nonsense has to end.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Which country you think will send the most troops to Leb

I respect your opinion. I don't agree but I respect it. I have a feeling if I wrote a million words and sited a billion experts it wouldn't change your mind.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

feronia said:
[

Maybe you have it backwards. If the countries started acting like they belonged to a greater community maybe the need for troops would end.

LOL. Global community. Nationalism will never die. Or is it culture? In any case, what makes us different runs deeper than any ties that will bind a global community. I can see it working in a corporate sense, though......:lol:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON

Feronia, by this sorry time in world history we're all experts. Excepting most of the experts we'd cite have nothing more concrete than we pedestrian savants have to offer.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
RE: Which country you thi

Israel will continue to send in more secret agents and Mossad terrorists.

Meanwhile, Lebanese citizens interviewed on France2 said they much prefer French troops as international peace keepers.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Are they still thinking about troops from Malaysia and Indonesia?

That would be insane, as both nations do not recognize the state of Israel.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Re: RE: Which country you thi

gopher said:
Israel will continue to send in more secret agents and Mossad terrorists.

Meanwhile, Lebanese citizens interviewed on France2 said they much prefer French troops as international peace keepers.

I'd prefer the French too, especially over the Italians and/or Germans. the French have a good peacekeeping record and are known to be one of the most impartial militaries on the planet.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Send the Jamaicans in! All the mideast will hit the beach and relax with rum and some smoke! How do say Bob Marley for president in Lebanese?

Seriously, though the French have to send in the most or face political humiliation. "Put up or shut up"

para-dice

Nominee Member
Aug 3, 2006
BC

Colpy said:

Maybe they just figure if the Israeli's aren't willing to recognize a Pal State ...

I don't know about this UN mission to Lebanon I think it is doomed to failure. Unless the grievances are addressed (i.e. return the Golan Heights to Lebanon, let the 300 000(?) Pal refugees in Lebanon return to their homes, disarm Hezbollah, return political prisoners etc.) then the cause of the conflict is not addressed, and those peacekeepers will be caught between a rock and a hard place.

I think it is a mission doomed to failure. Besides, I don't know how the Lebanese would feel about Canadian peacekeepers, now that our historic role as a nuetral player in conflicts has been shot all to hell by Harper and Mackay and we've unequivocally taken a side.

Would the Lebanese trust Canadian peacekeepers? :?

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

para-dice said:
Colpy said:

Maybe they just figure if the Israeli's aren't willing to recognize a Pal State ...

I don't know about this UN mission to Lebanon I think it is doomed to failure. Unless the grievances are addressed (i.e. return the Golan Heights to Lebanon, let the 300 000(?) Pal refugees in Lebanon return to their homes, disarm Hezbollah, return political prisoners etc.) then the cause of the conflict is not addressed, and those peacekeepers will be caught between a rock and a hard place.

I think it is a mission doomed to failure. Besides, I don't know how the Lebanese would feel about Canadian peacekeepers, now that our historic role as a nuetral player in conflicts has been shot all to hell by Harper and Mackay and we've unequivocally taken a side.

Would the Lebanese trust Canadian peacekeepers? :?

Why wouldnt Lebanese trust Canadian peacekeepers?....We have been around the world peace-keeping for many countries.....Serbia...Afghanistan....more...
Canadians could be trust....