Japanese going to the temple of *war-criminal* shrine

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Did you think it was right for the Japanese Prime Minister to go to the *war-criminal* shrine (sorry...im translating this name from chinese) and pray?....With China, Korea expressing their comments, do you think this would cause World War 3 or perhaps, War of the Asia?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
WWII shrines are very important to the Japanese. And militarism and reminders of the Imperial Japanese past are increasingly popular there. The Japanese were stunned that they weren't to be victors in the war and most took it very hard. Large numbers did commit 'war crimes' but you also have to remember these shrines commemorate real people, soldiers and airmen and navy personnel who believed strongly in their cause.
The Japanese are a western ally today and an important one. Given the huge danger China represents in the region I'm not too concerned about the Chinese attitude. We will fight them one day and it won't be pretty.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
The losers of wars still have the right to respect those who fought for their country.
I see it all the time in canada where we have memorials to our fallen, let the Japanese respect their past.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: RE: Japanese going to the temple of *war-criminal* shrin

iARTthere4iam said:
The losers of wars still have the right to respect those who fought for their country.
I see it all the time in canada where we have memorials to our fallen, let the Japanese respect their past.

Yes true....we should pay respect to our fallen dead....but think about it.....(not to make any japanese madd).....they raped, killed, brutally mutiliated girls as young as 6....men were force to have sex with corpse......I dont think the Canadians or any other fallens have done that.....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
True but Canada didn't lose the war either. And Canada didn't have to weather a history written by a winner. Hmmm, Canadian troops did have the highest VD incidence of all the allied troops. Hope that's all carnally responsible.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

tamarin said:
True but Canada didn't lose the war either. And Canada didn't have to weather a history written by a winner. Hmmm, Canadian troops did have the highest VD incidence of all the allied troops. Hope that's all carnally responsible.

I agree with what you say....but comparing to the Japanese....yes...they lost a war...but then what they done to the people living in the country is unspeakable...unimaginable...

This is a moral and *deep-in-the-heart* issue for Chinese(like me)....I was brought up with family telling me about the Nanking Massacre...I've watched a documentry about the event...it was a pain just to watch the people being killed...burned and buried ALIVE....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The Rape of Nanking was a terrible thing. And there still exists a raw wound between China and Japan over WWII atrocities. But if there's any solace, I'm a strong believer that China's century has arrived and much trouble lies ahead. China will get to kick butt in spades.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

tamarin said:
The Rape of Nanking was a terrible thing. And there still exists a raw wound between China and Japan over WWII atrocities. But if there's any solace, I'm a strong believer that China's century has arrived and much trouble lies ahead. China will get to kick butt in spades.

Thats why China has always expressed their concerns for Japanese worshipping @ the war memorial...