Curious About Statistics

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Does anyone know how many Israeli citizens and Lebanon citizens have been killed thus far? Also, how many Palestinians versus Israelis have been killed in their history?

I would say that whichever has lost fewer citizens would have to be considered the terrorists. But I need figures to confirm this. Thanks.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Does anyone know how many Israeli citizens and Lebanon citizens have been killed thus far? Also, how many Palestinians versus Israelis have been killed in their history?

I would say that whichever has lost fewer citizens would have to be considered the terrorists. But I need figures to confirm this. Thanks.

That is silly.

The clearer picture is obtained by the following question, which I have asked ad nauseum, yet no leftie (oh, excuse me, progressive...) has ever answered. Mind you, it is a little rhetorical......

Which would you rather be?

An Arab living in Israel, or a Jew living in any of the Arab countries?

That will tell you who is worth supporting........

By the way, I think your answer runs to the advantage of the Israelis by a factor of about 10 to one.

Yet, let me make one more trip into the realm of "what if"......

What if all the weapons in the hands of Arab/Persians permanently disappeared?

Answer: there would be peace............

What if allthe weapons in the hands of the Israelis permanently disappeared?

Answer: there would be a slaughter of Jews in the ME that would make the Holocaust look like a Sunday School picnic.

The Israelis are FAR from perfect morally, but if one looks carefully, the choice of whom to back seems clear......

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
"shaking my head in wonder at the silliness of the above statement" All it could acually mean is that one side has better aim than the other.Period.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Colpy said:
An Arab living in Israel, or a Jew living in any of the Arab countries?

hmm. that's a tough one...

Discrimination in the Israeli Law

Despite Israel's ratification of the ICCPR and its guarantee to protect all of its citizens against discrimination, Palestinian Arab citizens in Israel are discriminated against in a variety of forms and denied equal individual rights because of their national belonging. Though this discrimination is politically motivated, the Israeli legal system is part of this political context. As well as offering limited provisions for equality or political participation to members of the Palestinian Arab minority, the law in Israel subjects them to three types of discrimination: direct discimination against non-Jews within the law itself, indirect discrimination through "neutral" laws and criteria which apply principally to Palestinians, and institutional discrimination through a legal framework that facilitates a systematic pattern of privileges

Matrix of Control

Because it operates under a Kafkaesque guise of "proper administration," "upholding the law," "keeping the public order" and, of course, "security," the Matrix of Control renders the Occupation virtually invisible. In "normal" times (when active Palestinian resistance can be stifled), its outward appearance is legal and bureaucratic, the most effective means of control over a long period of time. The Israeli military government over the Occupied Territories is called, for example, the "Civil Administration," even though it is headed by a colonel under the strict authority of the Ministry of Defense, and is bound by the orders of the general commanding the "Central Front."

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Caleb-Dain Matton said:

600 lebanese including 35 hezbollah militants according to hezbollah officials, 100 according to israelis officials, in total 500 to 575 civilians lebanese killed.

52 israelis killed, including 33 soldiers and 19 civilians according to israelis officials.

I don't have the exact statistics on israeli-palestinians conflict.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Logic 7 said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:

600 lebanese including 35 hezbollah militants according to hezbollah officials, 100 according to israelis officials, in total 500 to 575 civilians lebanese killed.

52 israelis killed, including 33 soldiers and 19 civilians according to israelis officials.

I don't have the exact statistics on israeli-palestinians conflict.

Thanks Logic! Well, in my opinion then, Israel is the terrorist. Civilian deaths cannot be justified. Lebanon has made 19 grave mistakes and Israel has made over 500. Doesn't it seem reasonable to support those who make less mistakes?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Nah, BitWhys, it is not hard at all, although you get credit for at least addressing the subject.

Arab Israelis vote, hold seats in the Knesset, are mayors in many towns. Yes, they live under suspicion, but they are wise enough to understand how well they have it. Terror attacks by Arab Israeli citizens, although not unheard of, are very, very rare.

Jews in Lebanon are hunted and murdered by Hezbollah because they are Jews.

Syria murdered any Jews that didn't escape decades ago. Likewise Saudi Arabia. I don't know about Jordan or Egypt, they are fairly moderate, but I believe any Jews there would live a very precarious existence, and has long since fled to the welcoming arms of Israel.

There is a difference on two levels......first, the level of persecution against Israeli Arab is extremely mild, although it does exist, you don't see Israeli Arabs fleeing for ANYWHERE!

The level of persecution of Jews in Arab lands makes those areas unliveable for Jews.

Secondly, if Jews flee any area on earth they are welcomed with open arms by Israel.

Arab refugees are left to rot by the Arab nations, despite Arab oil riches. Why? So they can grow in numbers and be used as a propaganda tool and a proxy army to beat Israel.

Neither side has a corner on morality...........but Israel comes out best every time.

It is not so much that Israel deserves to win, as it is the Arabs deserve to lose.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Caleb,are you not the sly one? Ask a question,knowing full well the answer,and then use that as confirmation of your anti-Israel pathology. Sorry,the truth doesn't work that way. <SNIP: Please refrain from racial slurs>

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Re: RE: Curious About Statistics

wallyj said:
The terrorists are...... those crazy ragheads that want to kill everyone who doesn't believe in thier god's supremacy.

Ouch Wally, did someone strike a nerve with you or something? This opens the door for me to say some racist things about Americans and Jews, but I won't. I won't stoop so right-wingishly low.

The right-wingers are losing it. They are flipping-out and spewing racist comments. They are struggling with their morals. I think it is safe to say that more and more people are recognizing Israel as the terrorists.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Yes,it does strike a nerve,almost as much as the apologists. Racist,I don't think so. Politically incorrect,of course.I notice that you do not comment on the first part of my post.Ignore the truth again and again. BTW, on 9\11 Canada lost 25 civilians,who are the terrorists again?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

wallyj said:
Yes,it does strike a nerve,almost as much as the apologists. Racist,I don't think so. Politically incorrect,of course.I notice that you do not comment on the first part of my post.Ignore the truth again and again. BTW, on 9\11 Canada lost 25 civilians,who are the terrorists again?
This is the first time that I have heard the suggestion that Hezbollah is responsible for the bombing of the World Trade Centre towers.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org

wallyj said:

I don't care if we lost thousands. A human being is a human being. Do you cry when innocent Muslims get killed. Or are they not white enough for you?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think worldwide the chances of dying from terrorism is about 1 in 330,000. One is more likely to die by accidental poisioning, drinking contaminated water, or by lightening strike. The over reaction to terrorism is completely insane. Of those 600 or so innocents killed I'll bet half of them join the jihad. If someone bombed my house and killed my kids because a terrorist lived in the basement suite there could not be an excuse good enough to keep me from living the rest of my life seeking revenge. I wouldn't need to watch Anderson Cooper or some other journalist the neocons keep blaming for the world's problems to be a very dangerous person. Anyone who has kids would feel the same, no matter where they lived.

Toro

Senate Member

Caleb-Dain Matton said:
I don't care if we lost thousands. A human being is a human being. Do you cry when innocent Muslims get killed. Or are they not white enough for you?

Thats interesting cdm.

I guess you put the same weight on the death of someone half way around the world you don't know as the death of, say, a family member?

Same thing, right?

Or do you just hate black people?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Caleb-Dain Matton said:
wallyj said:

Whoa! Back up there. Caleb. Did you just say that you don't care that the lives of Canadians were lost on 9/11?

Nathaniel

Aug 4, 2006
Kreskin, Sure we would all want revenge, but on whom?

Do you not think you would be quite angry with the militants hidding in and around your home.... LONG before any bomb goes off, I would have already done my best to remove them, or remove myself and my family.

Nathaniel

Aug 4, 2006
Caleb-Dain Matton said:

Terrorism is not measured in lives, but in intention.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org

JonB2004 said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
wallyj said:

Whoa! Back up there. Caleb. Did you just say that you don't care that the lives of Canadians were lost on 9/11?

No more than caring about Muslims lives that have been lost or the 35,ooo children who starved to death on 911 in Third World countries. Again, A HUMAN BEING IS A HUMAN BEING. What part are you having a hard tiime following?