United Nations-Complete Farce

Maggiemygosh

Jul 17, 2006
Kanata
Louise Arbour who is a Lieberal appointee from Canada made a statement which is totally ridiculous.

The UN has posted 1,700 UN Troops in Southern Lebanon to maintain the peace between Lebanon and Israel. What effect do these troops have? NONE !

...................................................................................

UN warning on Mid-East war crimes

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbour said international law stressed the need to protect civilians.

There is an obligation on all parties to respect the "principle of proportionality", she said.

About 300 Lebanese, most of them civilians, have been killed in the violence. Thirty Israelis, including 15 civilians, have also been killed.

Indiscriminate shelling of cities constitutes a foreseeable and unacceptable targeting of civilians... Similarly, the bombardment of sites with alleged military significance, but resulting invariably in the killing of innocent civilians, is unjustifiable

The UN reported on Wednesday that about 100 Palestinians, civilians and fighters, have been killed since the start of the Israeli offensive in Gaza in late July.

Both crises were precipitated by the capture by Hamas and Hezbollah of Israeli soldiers in cross-border operations into Israel.

Along with a massive shelling campaign across Lebanon and Gaza by Israel, Hezbollah has been firing barrages of missiles into northern Israel, targeting urban areas, and Palestinian militants continue their rocket fire into Israel.

"Indiscriminate shelling of cities constitutes a foreseeable and unacceptable targeting of civilians," Ms Arbour said.

"Similarly, the bombardment of sites with alleged military significance, but resulting invariably in the killing of innocent civilians, is unjustifiable."

.....................................................................................

The UN has been a sick joke for decades. Another example is Bosnia-Hercovagenia where the UN troops sold fuel and other materials to the criminal elements there. As far as peackeeping goes. Ziltch happened.

And as for Hamas and Hezbollah yup yup yup !! UN supports them but not Israel .

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
George Shultz, Sec of State under Ronald Reagan, feels a UN unit with a mandate to seek out and destroy Hezbollah in S Lebanon is his #1 choice for a plan going forward.

Unfortunately the UN doesn't have a team of Karl Roves to counter the Karl Rove smear campaigns. Those who know better know and value of the UN.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: United Nations-Complete Farce

Kreskin said:
George Shultz, Sec of State under Ronald Reagan, feels a UN unit with a mandate to seek out and destroy Hezbollah in S Lebanon is his #1 choice for a plan going forward.

Unfortunately the UN doesn't have a team of Karl Roves to counter the Karl Rove smear campaigns. Those who know better know and value of the UN.

I was actually being sarcastic with my remark. If you've ever been to my personal website, you will notice that I actually "borrow" material from the UN. :wink:

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006
Maggiemygosh said:
Louise Arbour who is a Lieberal appointee from Canada made a statement which is totally ridiculous.

The UN has posted 1,700 UN Troops in Southern Lebanon to maintain the peace between Lebanon and Israel. What effect do these troops have? NONE !

...................................................................................

UN warning on Mid-East war crimes

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbour said international law stressed the need to protect civilians.

There is an obligation on all parties to respect the "principle of proportionality", she said.

About 300 Lebanese, most of them civilians, have been killed in the violence. Thirty Israelis, including 15 civilians, have also been killed.

Indiscriminate shelling of cities constitutes a foreseeable and unacceptable targeting of civilians... Similarly, the bombardment of sites with alleged military significance, but resulting invariably in the killing of innocent civilians, is unjustifiable

The UN reported on Wednesday that about 100 Palestinians, civilians and fighters, have been killed since the start of the Israeli offensive in Gaza in late July.

Both crises were precipitated by the capture by Hamas and Hezbollah of Israeli soldiers in cross-border operations into Israel.

Along with a massive shelling campaign across Lebanon and Gaza by Israel, Hezbollah has been firing barrages of missiles into northern Israel, targeting urban areas, and Palestinian militants continue their rocket fire into Israel.

"Indiscriminate shelling of cities constitutes a foreseeable and unacceptable targeting of civilians," Ms Arbour said.

"Similarly, the bombardment of sites with alleged military significance, but resulting invariably in the killing of innocent civilians, is unjustifiable."

.....................................................................................

The UN has been a sick joke for decades. Another example is Bosnia-Hercovagenia where the UN troops sold fuel and other materials to the criminal elements there. As far as peackeeping goes. Ziltch happened.

And as for Hamas and Hezbollah yup yup yup !! UN supports them but not Israel .

Thank you for further validating my point. Throughout this board I have indicated Canada would be wise to opt out of the UN. It serves Canada no purpose other than to waste our resources in faraway lands like Cyprus and Afghanistan. Since I do not give a shit what happens in either territory being the great Canadian I am it is all I can do to demand my government opt Canada out of the UN, NATO and NORAD. We have no use for such organisations and they cost taxpayers. There is absolutely no return on our dollar for such adventures. I suggest we bring all of our forces back home to Canada. Fuck all other nations. If they wish to deal with any problems let them do so. We should care only about Canada. All other nations are completely irrelevant. The UN may kiss my fascist ass.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You still haven't told us what you love about Canada, and why you love it so much you want to turn into North Korea.

edit-for SL

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Louise Arbour has always been a bit of a headcase. I remember her work with the Kingston Women's Pen riots years ago. Reporters were flabbergasted when they learned the judge had given her personal credit card to one of the plaintiffs mid-trial. Typical Arbour. Unable to steer the neutral course demanded at judicial hearings. Always wanting to be the centre of attention.