Who is the real threat to America?

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Who is the real threat to America?
By David Limbaugh
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Sometimes you have to just wonder if these liberal geniuses at the New York Times and elsewhere have the slightest scintilla of common sense, let alone goodwill. At a time when the global conspiracy of Islamic terrorists to wage war against the civilized war is on display for all to see in Israel, the New York Times chooses, once again, to downplay -- if not dismiss -- that threat and, instead, demonize President Bush.
For several years the Democratic leadership and the mainstream media have been depicting President Bush as a power-hungry executive who "tramples on" the Constitution. But the New York Times, in its July 16 editorial, wrote, "It is only now, nearly five years after Sept. 11, that the full picture of the Bush administration's response to the terror attacks is becoming clear. Much of it, we can see now, had far less to do with fighting Osama bin Laden than with expanding presidential power."

Maybe Charlie Sheen has become a shadow member of the editorial board. Sheen, you will recall, recently demonstrated he had his father's penchant for radical left-lunacy when he hinted that a U.S. government conspiracy was behind the 9/11 attacks. Twenty Muslim hijackers just couldn't have pulled off the attacks absent collusion with the government.

Well, go ahead and write Sheen off as a fringe leftist kook if you choose, but when the leading liberal editorial page of the nation is saying things just as maliciously preposterous, it's hard to describe far-left kooks as "fringe" anymore.

To say that Bush has been aggressive in the war on terror as a means to gaining more power for himself and not to defeat the terrorist threat is shockingly paranoid. And there's more. The Times cites a piece by Jane Mayer in the New Yorker describing how this grandiose Bush scheme to usurp power from the other two branches of government "grew out of Vice President Dick Cheney's long and deeply held conviction that the real lesson of Watergate and the later Iran-contra debacle was that the president needed more power and that Congress and the courts should get out of the way. To a disturbing degree, the horror of 9/11 became an excuse to take up this cause behind the shield of Americans' deep insecurity."

Folks, if this doesn't give you insight into leftist thinking today and the obstacles we face among our own people in the war on terror, perhaps nothing will. While you're trying to figure out whether it was the sinister Cheney or the hapless Bush who hatched this scheme to ratchet-up executive power, you might ponder what motive either has to expand the presidency, since Bush will be out in two years and Cheney has no presidential aspirations. As a gift to Hillary, perhaps?

The Times' Bush/Cheney paranoia is only exceeded by its misapprehension of the nature of the terrorist threat. What it really appears exercised about -- beyond its sheer hatred for George Bush -- is that we are treating terrorists as the enemy instead of criminal defendants who are entitled to the full spectrum of constitutional rights.

The Times is furious that President Bush eavesdrops on these people without a warrant, tracks their finances and maintains the Geneva Conventions don't apply to them.

The editors wrote, "Undoing the Geneva Conventions would further endanger the life of every member of the American military who might ever be taken captive in the future." Excuse me, but how could anyone who understands the terrorist mindset believe that by showing kindness to terrorists they'll pose less of a danger to American soldiers captured in the future? Terrorists don't negotiate, and they don't abide by rules or "conventions"; they torture and slaughter human beings for sport.

And our refusal to extend the Geneva Conventions to those not covered by them now and who themselves don't honor them will certainly not cause any civilized enemies we may encounter in the future to mistreat our troops. Of course, the idea that we're going to have civilized enemies in the foreseeable future is pure fantasy.

The Times wants Congress to condemn President Bush for his "excesses," including his treatment of Gitmo detainees. It sees his refusal to extend the Geneva Conventions to the terrorists as part of his executive arrogance rather than a good faith, reasonable, and much more commonsensical view of the Conventions than that of the majority of the Supreme Court. That's because it regards Bush, not Osama bin Laden and his armies, as the real threat to America. And that tells you all you need to know about the Times.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DavidLimbaugh/2006/07/18/who_is_the_real_threat_to_america
Any wonder why in some circles they are known as the "Treason Times?"
8)

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Hi Ugg.
I imagine some far lefty Islamofascist sympathizers wouldn't agree. :lol:

I see that the NY "Times" has cut 250 staff, decreased the size of the paper and taken other cost saving measures. Looks like many American subscribers do not want to finance a paper they perceive as being hostile to America.
In the last 3 years their shares have dropped from $50 to $25. A 50% drop. :glasses8:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Read conservative Republican Kevin Phillips' American Theocracy and you will learn that he says it is Bush and reich wing Bushism that is the real threat. It is an excellent read and one that reich wingers are afraid of challenging.

And yes, he is a conservative Republican. :wink:

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I read the topic and the first thing that came to my mind was America.

That's interesting to read and it could be true, but the media is hard to trust anymore. It wouldn't suprise me if Bush was the threat to America

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006
gopher said:
Read conservative Republican Kevin Phillips' American Theocracy and you will learn that he says it is Bush and reich wing Bushism that is the real threat. It is an excellent read and one that reich wingers are afraid of challenging.

And yes, he is a conservative Republican. :wink:

Americans are most certainly a strange breed. How is Bush a threat when he can be tossed out of office at the drop of a hat????????

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Wait 2 years and he is gone anyway.

Too bad. Not that many great Statesmen around these days. Last good ones prior to GW was Ronnie Reagan and Winston Churchill.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: Who is the real threat to America?

Riyko said:
I read the topic and the first thing that came to my mind was America.

That's interesting to read and it could be true, but the media is hard to trust anymore. It wouldn't suprise me if Bush was the threat to America

The media is hard to trust? Do tell. I'm intrigued.

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

zoofer said:
Wait 2 years and he is gone anyway.

Too bad. Not that many great Statesmen around these days. Last good ones prior to GW was Ronnie Reagan and Winston Churchill.

Francesco Franco, Augusto Pinochet and Benito Mussolini.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:
WTF? How can Bush just be tossed out of office?

None too bright are you? Impeachment. Here you go. Read it and learn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Oh come on. Do you know how difficult it is to impeach a president? Especially when the president hails from the same party that controls both the house and the senate?

Even if the democrats controlled the house and senate, they would hardly be able to impeach the president at the drop of a hat. But then, this is coming from the same person who insists that the USA would be able to singlehandedly wipe out China's economy. 8O

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

Simpleton said:
SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

None too bright are you? Impeachment. Here you go. Read it and learn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Oh come on. Do you know how difficult it is to impeach a president? Especially when the president hails from the same party that controls both the house and the senate?

Even if the democrats controlled the house and senate, they would hardly be able to impeach the president at the drop of a hat. But then, this is coming from the same person who insists that the USA would be able to singlehandedly wipe out China's economy. 8O

You mean the same nation that need only end China's 'favoured-nation' trade status? Too easy.

Impeachment? It's been done before.

The Infamous Sixteen

Since 1797 the House of Representatives has impeached sixteen federal officials. These include two presidents, a cabinet member, a senator, a justice of the Supreme Court, and eleven federal judges. Of those, the Senate has convicted and removed seven, all of them judges. Not included in this list are the office holders who have resigned rather than face impeachment, most notably, President Richard M. Nixon.

Now shush. You are clearly out of your league.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

I know he can be impeached, but how easy do you think that's going to be?

I don't GWB to be impeached. He doesn't deserve that. He'll be out in 2 years and that will it for him.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

SaintLucifer said:
Since 1797 the House of Representatives has impeached sixteen federal officials. These include two presidents, a cabinet member, a senator, a justice of the Supreme Court, and eleven federal judges. Of those, the Senate has convicted and removed seven, all of them judges. Not included in this list are the office holders who have resigned rather than face impeachment, most notably, President Richard M. Nixon.

Wow 2 presidents in over 200 years...I wonder how many hats have dropped in that period of time? And neither of them were removed (aside from the fact that nixon probably would have been removed).

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

JonB2004 said:
SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

I don't GWB to be impeached. He doesn't deserve that. He'll be out in 2 years and that will it for him.

That is not what you said. You clearly asked how was it possible for the Americans to dump him. You did so in a manner that clearly questioned if it could actually be done. I severely corrected you. Accept it and move on.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
The Yankees themselves are the real threat to the USofA. They are their own worst enemies. Their arrogance and hypocracy turns the rest of the world against them. They are pathetic.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

SaintLucifer said:
Simpleton said:
SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

You mean the same nation that need only end China's 'favoured-nation' trade status? Too easy.

The Infamous Sixteen

What are you going on about? i didn't say that a president couldn't be impeached. I said that it wasn't easy to impeach a president. And it's not. It's especially difficult to impeach a president that belongs to the same party that controls the house and senate. Republicans aren't about to impeach a republican president. It's just not going to happen.

And who are you kidding on the China thing? China is a country with a population that exceeds one billion people. That's almost a quarter of the entire worlds population.

The USA will never cease trading with China. It would be stupid for them to do so. And even if they were to do so, the loss of 300 million or so American consumers would hardly put a dent in China's economy. Damn near every industrialized country on the planet is setting up shop in China. Canada included.

Explain to me how the USA could cripple China's economy?

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

Simpleton said:
SaintLucifer said:
Simpleton said:
SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

The Infamous Sixteen

What are you going on about? i didn't say that a president couldn't be impeached. I said that it wasn't easy to impeach a president. And it's not. It's especially difficult to impeach a president that belongs to the same party that controls the house and senate. Republicans aren't about to impeach a republican president. It's just not going to happen.

And who are you kidding on the China thing? China is a country with a population that exceeds one billion people. That's almost a quarter of the entire worlds population.

The USA will never cease trading with China. It would be stupid for them to do so. And even if they were to do so, the loss of 300 million or so American consumers would hardly put a dent in China's economy. Damn near every industrialized country on the planet is setting up shop in China. Canada included.

Explain to me how the USA could cripple China's economy?

First I shall ask of you a question. Which country has the world's largest corporations?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:
SaintLucifer said:
JonB2004 said:

That is not what you said. You clearly asked how was it possible for the Americans to dump him. You did so in a manner that clearly questioned if it could actually be done. I severely corrected you. Accept it and move on.

What you said in the original post was that GWB could be thrown out at the drop of a hat. What I think you meant by that was that he could easily be impeached. I replied by saying, how can Bush just be tossed out of office. I know how a president can be dumped. But it is no easy task.