Roger Waters Becomes Graffiti Artist In Israel

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Pink Floyd’s Roger Water has turned graffiti artist before is his forthcoming gig in an Arab-Jewish village in Israel.

Waters was protesting against the ‘security’ wall around the West Bank built by the Israeli government which it says is to stop suicide bombers and protect its citizens.

The Pink Floyd man sprayed the words “tear down the wall” in red spray paint and told the BBC: "It's a horrific edifice, this thing."

He added: "I've seen pictures of it, I've heard a lot about it but without being here you can't imagine how extraordinarily oppressive it is and how sad it is to see these people coming through these little holes."

Waters is playing the town of Neveh Shalom as part of his current world tour, the show was originally due to take place in Tel Aviv.

However, the bassist moved the show after pressure from dozens of Palestinian artists.

They urged him to stay away “at a time when Israel continues unabated with its colonial and apartheid designs to further dispossess, oppress and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland.”

http://gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=18770

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
aeon said:
They urged him to stay away “at a time when Israel continues unabated with its colonial and apartheid designs to further dispossess, oppress and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland.”

Yeah sure, at they are taking 60 years to cleanse this place? What's keeping them?

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: Roger Waters Becomes

ahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHA

Yes the awful wall made to stop extreamists from entering Isreal, Isrealis are just awful.......

Wait a second.....China Built a wall to keep attackers out too....

OH WAIT A SECOND...THE WLL MAKES COMPLETE FUCKING SENSE....ISRAEL DOESNT WANT ITS PEOPLE BEING ATTACKED.....

dumb ass

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
aeon said:

Yeah sure, at they are taking 60 years to cleanse this place? What's keeping them?

The world wide opinion, that is what is keeping them from doing it, in one shot, but when you look at the partition plan, it is quite well started, about 40% of the land that was plan for palestinians by UN, are stolen by israel, 400 000 palestinians who can't even go back to their homeland anymore.