Is Israeli action in Gaza justified?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Israel says its troops have left their positions in northern Gaza but has rejected a Palestinian cease-fire offer.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert rejected the offer proposed by Palestinian prime minister, Ismail Haniyeh, and will not accept a truce until the ruling Hamas Party free an Israeli soldier they captured nearly two weeks ago

The European Union has accused the Israelis of using "disproportionate force" against Palestinians and making a humanitarian crisis worse.

Is Israel right to withdraw from northern Gaza? Should Olmert have accepted the cease-fire offer? Do you agree with the EU assertion that Israeli action has been disproportionate?

From BBC

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
RE: Is Israeli action in

If this was truly about one soldier, I would say that the amount of force used by Israel was in excess. However, I see it as more like the last straw in the ongoing conflict (or in other words, they are using this soldier as an excuse to invade).

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
DISPROPORTIONATE?!!?????

1000 missiles fired from Gaza into Israel since Israel forced its settlers out, and then abandoned the place to the Palestinians.

ONE THOUSAND!

Now, the fact is those 1,000 missiles have caused very few casualties, but that is beside the point......they cause terror, property damage, and occassionally someone is hurt or killed. AND the Palestinian idiots have just managed to extend their range so they can hit a city. With the increased population density in a city, the missiles would soon start causing MORE casualties.

No nation on earth would allow itself to be shelled daily, not if they could do something about it.

Add to that fact that Hamas is the government of Palestine, Hamas is probably launching most of the missiles, and Hamas admits to the INVASION of Israel and the kidnapping of this poor trooper. These are acts of WAR, and Israel would be quite justified to re-occuppy the entire Palestinian Authority.........
The soldier kidnapped was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Is Israeli action in Gaza justified?

Colpy said:
No nation on earth would allow itself to be shelled daily, not if they could do something about it.

True, that is why so many palestinians are joining right wing extremist, because they are tired to be oppressed and agressed on a daily basis.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Is Israeli action in Gaza justified?

Colpy said:
DISPROPORTIONATE?!!?????

1000 missiles fired from Gaza into Israel since Israel forced its settlers out, and then abandoned the place to the Palestinians.

ONE THOUSAND!

And the whole time through which those rockets were fired, there was a truce on. :scratch:

Then when Israel FINALLY retaliated....truce is broken :?:

There is no reason to beleive a truce with Hamas is anything other than Hamas buying time to re-organize and re-arm. No reason. And that's only if they ever did cease fire. A truce with Hamas means nothing. I don't blame Israel one iota.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I don't know but... I do not fault Isreal for dealing with Hamas with a hard hand. Hamas will only respect force and weakness will only in bolden them to do more such acts. I think Hamas has brought this to Palestin, and Palestinians have to realize that yes they do have the right to elect their own government but when you elect terrorists you may have some consequences when your elected officials sword rattle with your nabour.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Finder said:
I don't know but... I do not fault Isreal for dealing with Hamas with a hard hand. Hamas will only respect force and weakness will only in bolden them to do more such acts. I think Hamas has brought this to Palestin, and Palestinians have to realize that yes they do have the right to elect their own government but when you elect terrorists you may have some consequences when your elected officials sword rattle with your nabour.

What he said without the spelling errors. :p