Priest: Buffett is 'Dr. Mengele of philanthropists'

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's official. Some people are nuts:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Warren Buffett's new philanthropic alliance with fellow billionaire Bill Gates won widespread praise this week, but anti-abortion activists did not join in, instead assailing the two donors for their longtime support of Planned Parenthood and international birth-control programs.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to which Buffett has pledged the bulk of his $44-billion fortune, devotes the vast majority of its funding to combating disease and poverty in developing countries. Less than 1 percent has gone to Planned Parenthood over the years. And the Gates Foundation does not permit its gifts to Planned Parenthood to be used for abortion services.

"The merger of Gates and Buffett may spell doom for the families of the developing world," said the Rev. Thomas Euteneuer, a Roman Catholic priest who is president of Human Life International.

Referring to Josef Mengele, the infamous Nazi death camp doctor, Euteneuer said Buffett "will be known as the Dr. Mengele of philanthropy unless he repents."

More at http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/29/billionaires.abortion.ap/index.html

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah.

What gets me is definitely NOT that the Catholic Church is against abortion, that is a stance I can understand.

What drives me to distraction is that they are against birth control! Or the use of condoms to prevent STDs. Absolutely whacky!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Priest: Buffett is 'Dr. Mengele of philanthropists'

Colpy said:
Yeah.

What gets me is definitely NOT that the Catholic Church is against abortion, that is a stance I can understand.

What drives me to distraction is that they are against birth control! Or the use of condoms to prevent STDs. Absolutely whacky!

Yeah the higharchy of the Catholic Church have to get with the times.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006
Finder said:
What do you expect from the Nut job Christian right. Next week they will be volenteering to shoot inmates in Texas no doubt.

Very idiotic statement.