Key Players in IntPol

Das Om3n

Jun 22, 2006
Hey guys,
new to the forum.. but i glanced over all the old members profiles and although this place seems to have a lot of different nationalities, i noticed very few arabs and easterners... except for 1-2 chinese people. im hoping at least some of the newer members are from these places otherwise its really not gonna help me get the comprehensive answers im looking for.

the Question is this..

who do you think are the most keystone players in international politics for the next 10 years?

This includes all organisations such as the UN and even major corporate firms that hold economic clout that can sway major political parties (obviously the mentioned political parties have to first be on the list themselves or else the company wont matter) as well as individuals (but dont focus too much on them unless theres something definitely strong about them)

if you can, give some details about the more obscure nominees who may not be that well known to have political clout but in your opinion they do.

and try not to repeat the same names that have already been mentioned again and again and again (although they should all be named at least once)... try to do research and find others.. new ones.. and lets make a list of these people/organisations/governments.. etc.

I'm also gonna carry out this exercise on other forums and ill contribute what i can from their responses...

who's up for it?

~Das Om3n

(not the one from the movie, human! this one is older and scarier by far)

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The key players will be pre-eminently American and Chinese. A major showdown is coming and given the drift to isolation gaining momentum in the US, the Chinese are about to whupp some major ass. No other theatre has the impact this one will. Enjoy your few years of peace ahead.

Das Om3n

Jun 22, 2006
I think it should be kept in mind that its not just the one who dominates in terms of weapons and economy that 'rules the world'.... and that the ones who have the ability to disrupt and destabilise such factors that can wield astonishing amounts of power and gain surprising leverage too.

i agree though..., right now china has surreptitiously made its economy into a powerful reckoning force..

however N. Korea is still a very unstable factor in the region... same goes for Iran, India and Israel in their respective regions because of the nuke dynamics there.

EU still has a fair amount of economic force in the west... but i think its dying.. any ideas about African nations anyone? Sudan has oil... lots... and Chinese firms are pretty big there...

I personally think the UN was the biggest casualty of the Iraq war... ^_^ but its been a dead end for a long time... the only thing it does is slow down any negotiation by forming one more hurdle to jump over before you do what you want