Lazy French have day off as they take abolished holiday.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The lazy Frogs have had a day off today - even though the Bank Holiday that normally fell on this day has been abolished.

Chirac's Bank Holiday ban is ignored as workers take the day off

From Adam Sage in Paris
Times
London

June 5, 2006

THE collapse of President Chirac’s authority will be exposed tomorrow when most French people blithely ignore his decision to make Whit Monday a normal working day.

Although the Bank Holiday has been abolished officially, even state employees are refusing to work. Schools, post offices and museums will close for the day and the state railway network will be offering a reduced service.

As if to underline M Chirac’s declining power, his ministers have been unable to impose the reform on their own ministries, which are also stopping work. In the private sector nearly half of French businesses will be on holiday, while the rest will remain open.

Road haulage groups are particularly aggrieved. The Finance Ministry has told them to operate as usual, while the Transport Ministry has implemented Bank Holiday road safety measures, which involve the banning of lorries.

Jean-Michel Thénard, a columnist for the newspaper Libération, said that France was slipping into a “surrealist world” governed by M Chirac’s “absurd poetry”.

“Employees are going to go to work, but they are going to have to find someone to look after the children because the schools are shut, check which trains are running and refrain from posting letters,” he wrote.

The chaos stems from a government decision to levy a 0.3 per cent corporate tax to fund a €2 billion scheme to help the elderly and the disabled.The tax, introduced after the 2003 heatwave that killed almost 15,000 elderly people in France, was to be financed by a Day of Solidarity, an extra seven-hour working day, which the Government decided would be Whit Monday.

But the first Journée de Solidarité last year turned into a fiasco amid a nationwide wave of strikes and protests. Many workers said that they were in favour of solidarity, but not if it meant losing one of their 11 annual Bank Holidays.

Dominique de Villepin, the Prime Minister, tried to calm the revolt by telling employees that they could put in the extra seven hours at any time during the year. In effect, Whit Monday has become an optional Bank Holiday to be negotiated between staff and management in each firm; a situation that even M de Villepin admits will produce “difficulties and perhaps even incoherence”.

He has achieved the remarkable feat of getting French unions to unite with their traditional enemy — the country’s employers — in opposing him.

Laurence Parisot, the chairwoman of the French Employers’ Federation, said: “How can you tell firms to work and then ban road transport?” François Chérèque, leader of the French Democratic Workers’ Federation, said: “There will be strikes in many firms and the strikes are right.”

The chaos is likely to inflict further damage on M Chirac, whose approval rating has plummeted to 17 per cent.

thetimesonline.co.uk

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Blah blah blah, frogs, french, toast, fries, freedom, moron, brits, usa, blah blah blah,terrorist, terrorist,terrorist, french, toast, fries, freedom, morons, brits, usa, blah blah blah, french, toast, morons, brits, retarded, usa, same shit, blah blah blah,

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Re: RE: Lazy French have day off as they take abolished holi

aeon said:
Blah blah blah, frogs, french, toast, fries, freedom, moron, brits, usa, blah blah blah,terrorist, terrorist,terrorist, french, toast, fries, freedom, morons, brits, usa, blah blah blah, french, toast, morons, brits, retarded, usa, same shit, blah blah blah,

This is your most sensible post yet I believe.

Toro

Senate Member

DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:

PWNED!

:lol: :lol:

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:

You mean, now you understand what i meant, since i use retarded and moron, you feel like i was talking to you, since you know that is what you are.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

aeon said:
DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:

You mean, now you understand what i meant, since i use retarded and moron, you feel like i was talking to you, since you know that is what you are.

I would take that insult a little more seriously if you could put together a complete sentence. Try again after you graduate high school...

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

DurkaDurka said:
I would take that insult a little more seriously if you could put together a complete sentence. Try again after you graduate high school...

Ok t'est le genre de mec, qui prefere essayer d'abaisser , plutot que de dialoguer, tant qu'a moi t'est juste un criss d'epais.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

aeon said:
DurkaDurka said:

Ok t'est le genre de mec, qui prefere essayer d'abaisser , plutot que de dialoguer, tant qu'a moi t'est juste un criss d'epais.

You hardly promote dialogue... you have too many conspiracies buzzing around in your brain to listen to any sort of reason.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:
DurkaDurka said:

You hardly promote dialogue... you have too many conspiracies buzzing around in your brain to listen to any sort of reason.

Ah je peux voir que tu est vraiment mieux, essayer d abaisser quelqu'un pcq il a de la difficulter a ecrire en anglais, est typiquement atarder de ta part, et pas vraiment surprenant.

Can you speak and write in french?until then, you cant blast me on the way i speak and write in english.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Historically , governement has used terror to get control on their citizen, and this is what we are seing right now.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

aeon said:
Historically , governement has used terror to get control on their citizen, and this is what we are seing right now.

What the hell does your post have to do with this topic.? I really doubt you can comment on anything "historical", since your memory only goes back as far as 9/11.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:

What the hell does your post have to do with this topic.? I really doubt you can comment on anything "historical", since your memory only goes back as far as 9/11.

Well read on hitler the way he came into power, and the way he installed martial law, you will understand( it will take time for sure) there is similarity beetween nazi and republican and the whole axis of ignorants,canada, australi, uk and usa.

fuflans

Electoral Member
May 24, 2006
Aotearoa
So....Hitler gave the French another holiday to keep them in line? Am I reading into this correctly?

I think you're getting your topics mixed up :)

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

The point is that when you use such obvious rascist language, a silly schoolkid mentality of name calling, we see a juvanile mind at work.

The quote below is just an appropriate cynical and sarcastic response.

quote="aeon"]Blah blah blah, frogs, french, toast, fries, freedom, moron, brits, usa, blah blah blah,terrorist, terrorist,terrorist, french, toast, fries, freedom, morons, brits, usa, blah blah blah, french, toast, morons, brits, retarded, usa, same shit, blah blah blah,[/quote]

I would like to add something unintelligable to this thread :
Frogs legs begs Blog dregs for fried eggs over snotsauce for breakfast that broke fast for home.

Now, I didn't make that all up,its a quote:
bla bla bla bla
The message behind the message is that rascism is all about seeing an entire group of people as all being the same, with the same opinions and behaviors as all the rest of the group. After all, thats what group means, isn't it? JEWS, for ex., are a diverse group with various beliefs and degrees of beliefs, but who is uniformly attacked for having a specific set of beliefs.
Or, like the black person in America where anyone with brown skin is considered as "one of them" - it is also called discrimination.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Black leaf is English...what do you expect him to do? Love the French?

:lol: