FQ!

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...2.wxafghan-taliban02/BNStory/Afghanistan/home

Taliban to Canadians: Get out or face death

COLIN FREEZE

Globe and Mail Update

A senior Taliban military commander has issued a stark warning to Canada: Get out of Afghanistan and stop acting like Americans, or we will kill your soldiers “one by one.”

“Our main enemy is the United States. As for Canada and the other countries, we have no historical enmity with them,” the official known as Mullah Dadallah said in an interview broadcast this week by the Al-Jazeera network. “But if they want to come here as fighting forces, we will view them just as we view the Americans. America is the big snake that wants to bite everybody.”

The military commander, a Taliban spokesman for more than a year, went on to say, “Our advice to Canada and Britain is to refrain from defending the American propaganda. If they return to where they came from, and withdraw their forces from here, we will not view them like the Americans.

“Our advice to these countries,” he added, “is to avoid the heat of battle because we will wreak vengeance upon them one by one.”

Yep. They got us pegged for the reactionary dullards most of us are. Canadians and their knee-jerk reaction to all things American. Ever notice how in this country we try so hard to base every single decision on what the Americans are doing? Oh yeah. If it ain't 'Liberal' it's American. I bet if Americans didn't jump off a cliff we would be chomping at the bit to do it.

lol.

Lets hear all the, "Yeah...those freedom fighters are right!" from the 'intellectuals' here.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
<sound of crickets chirping>

yep yep yep. Must really suck to be so easy to peg. I mean you really gotta be a 'never-think-for-yourself', walking cliche of a person to be so easily and accurately marked like that.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I thought grown-ups could get fined for fishing without a license.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
....and I thought grown ups weren't afraid to talk about the tough stuff.

I also used to think Liberals were open-minded.

This only illustrates a common truth I'm sure you're quite unaware of BitWhys: that any decient propaganda requires, at minimum, a sliver of truth.

They have you pegged for the 'scared-shitless-to-be-mistaken-for-American-no-matter-how-ridiculious-it-is', type. That you have no response to the idea that Canadians like yourself would dive off a cliff if Americans were proud not to does not surprise me.

Instead you try to fend off the ugly truth by deviating and dribbling out some nonsense about fishing licenses.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Claudius said:
<sound of crickets chirping>

yep yep yep. Must really suck to be so easy to peg. I mean you really gotta be a 'never-think-for-yourself', walking cliche of a person to be so easily and accurately marked like that.

O/k I'll bite, I think the advice that nice man gave us is correct. We should cut and run as fast as we can, before we loose any more expensive equipment. :lol: