Understanding the Palestinian Movement.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
Introduction

In 1929 there were terrorist riots in British Mandate ‘Palestine’ against the civilian Jewish population that lived there.

“The [1929] riots were accompanied by militant Arab slogans such as... ‘Palestine is our land and the Jews our dogs...’ [and] brutal acts by Arabs...such as the killings in Hebron, where small children were tortured by their murderers before being murdered. ...the Jewish community in Palestine found itself caught up in a wave of violent disturbances that swept with a fury through Jewish settlements and neighborhoods throughout the length and breadth of the country. The danger now appeared to threaten the very survival of the entire Jewish community.”[1]

This was not the first mass racist attack by Arabs against unarmed civilian Jews in British Mandate ‘Palestine,’ nor would it be the last attempted extermination.

Historian Anita Shapira, above, writes in a way that suggests compassion for the Jewish victims of Arab racism. She is considered to be a Zionist. For a different portrayal, let us turn to Zionism: False Messiah, by historian Nathan Weinstock, who agrees with Shapira on the most important facts but not on the interpretation:

“...the Palestinian anti-colonialist movement was deformed by racism. The distorted national struggle expressed itself in anti-Jewish slogans (‘Palestine is our country and the Jews are our dogs’), followed up by attacks upon Jewish passers-by and store-owners, and eventually in mob violence akin to the all-too familiar pogrom [ = unprovoked racist attack against unarmed Jews, with the semi-unofficial assistance of the (in this case British) authorities[1a]]. These attacks cannot, however, in any way be assimilated to straightforward anti-Semitic outrages which had their source in classical European coordinates of the Jewish problem, but should be seen as a deformed expression of national consciousness, all the more understandable as the Zionist leaders clearly allied with the British while the latter encouraged this distraction from the anti-imperialist struggle.”[2]

Notice first that the anti-Zionist historian agrees that Arab mobs attacked civilian Jews in British Mandate ‘Palestine,’ and that these mobs were racist; Weinstock, like Shapira, quotes the slogan that the Arab rioters chanted in the streets: “Palestine is our country and the Jews are our dogs.” These are important points of agreement. The difference is that Shapira goes out of her way to stress the genocidal intent of the Arab attackers: “The danger now appeared to threaten the very survival of the entire Jewish community”; whereas Weinstock instead loudly forbids any comparison between the Arabs who tried but failed to exterminate the local Jews, and the Europeans who tried and succeeded: “These [Arab] attacks cannot...in any way be assimilated to straightforward anti-Semitic outrages which had their source in classical European coordinates of the Jewish problem.” (Weinstock neglects to put scare-quotes around the words ‘Jewish problem’).

But if genocidal Arab racism against the Jews is not, as in Europe, “straightforward[ly] anti-Semitic,” then what is it? According to Weinstock, it is a consequence of Arab “national consciousness.” It is true that elsewhere in the same book Weinstock admits that there was no such place as ‘Palestine’ until the post-WWI British imperially defined Middle Eastern boundaries, giving this name first arbitrarily to one territory, then arbitrarily to another (see Part 2). But he nevertheless declares with bravado: “A good case can be made, however, that, even then, there existed a specific Palestinian identity” (p.51).

So, putting it together, Weinstock is saying that there was supposedly a Palestinian Arab people whose “national consciousness” was awakened through an “anti-imperialist struggle” that Weinstock calls the “Palestinian anti-colonialist movement.” This movement was admittedly “deformed by [anti-Jewish] racism,” but such Arab hatred for Jews was “understandable” because “Zionist leaders clearly allied with the British.” One is almost forced to read Weinstock as saying that the Jews -- whom the Arabs attempted to exterminate -- got what they deserved.

And yet in the next sentence Weinstock concedes that the British in fact “encouraged” Arab anti-Jewish racism. This admission, to put it very mildly, appears to undercut Weinstock’s claim that the British really had an alliance with the Zionist Jews, not to mention his allegation that the Arabs were fighting the British in a “Palestinian anti-colonialist movement.” Weinstock's claim that the British “encouraged” genocidal violence against the Jews in order to produce a “distraction from the [supposed, Arab] anti-imperialist struggle,” is curious for being presented without any evidence that there was an anti-imperialist struggle to distract the Arabs from.

The British Liuetenant Colonel John Patterson, an eye-witness to Arab violence against Jews in British Mandate ‘Palestine,’ and disgusted with how his own British government “encouraged” this violence, wrote that the British incited the Arabs against the Jews so they could tell the world that, due to local resistance to the creation of a Jewish homeland in ‘Palestine,’ the entire Zionist project had to be abandoned (see footnote 1a). I like Patterson's hypothesis better than Weinstock's supposed Zionist-British alliance against a “Palestinian anti-colonialist movement,” because what everybody agrees happened is that the British imperialists were helping Arabs kill Jews.

In any case, Weinstock’s curious representation of the conflict between Arabs and Jews in British Mandate ‘Palestine’ is certainly consistent with the current representation of the Arab-Israeli conflict. We all know that the Arab enemies of the Jews turn their own children into bombs in order to kill Jewish men, women, and children. If people were doing this in the streets of the United States or Britain they would be institutionalized, whether in a mental facility or in a jail, if not killed. But since this violence is directed against Israeli Jews, we are asked instead to see it as an “understandable” consequence of a ‘Palestinian’ “national consciousness.”

I am not exaggerating. Just the other day, on 17 Monday, April 2006,

“A Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up outside a fast-food restaurant in a bustling commercial area of Tel Aviv during the Passover holiday Monday, killing eight other people and wounding at least 49, police said.”[3]

A famous Israeli pro-‘Palestinian’ organization, dominant in Israel’s so-called ‘peace’ movement, Gush Shalom, immediately sent out an email to its list saying the following:

“Sure, we are horrified by the senseless random killing. But we have also something to say about why it happened, how it might have been prevented, how the next one can still be prevented. But how to say it on this day and in that location? How to make comprehensible, to shocked and angry and traumatized people, that the occupation is the root cause of our suffering as well as the Palestinians’? How to explain convincingly that we must dry at source the oppression which makes young Palestinians don explosive belts and throw away their lives together with those of others?”[4]

In other words, Gush Shalom asks, How can we explain to the Israeli Jews that a child in her stroller deserved to be torn to pieces because she is the spawn of a colonialist power that dispossesses and oppresses a third-world people? How can we get Israelis to agree with the Orwellian logic of the above paragraph, where “senseless random killing” = justified political act? Since the threshold for endorsing violence against Jews is low anyways, it appears that Nathan Weinstock has already provided the answer: the trick is to insist that Arab antisemitism is a reaction to supposed Jewish colonialism, as opposed to just plain racism. And the better to allege that this is Arab “national consciousness” (as opposed to just plain racism), we will outlaw any comparison between Arab Muslim attitudes and those European attitudes that produced the Nazi Final Solution against the European Jews. Says Weinstock:

“These [Arab] attacks cannot...in any way be assimilated to straightforward anti-Semitic outrages which had their source in classical European coordinates of the Jewish problem.”

Historical and Investigative Research is a website built on the premise that, in order to get a grip on the present, one must learn some history. Thus, in order better to understand the ‘Palestinian movement,’ and better to judge whether the current representation of the violence perpetrated by West Bank and Gaza Arabs against Israeli Jews is a fair representation, I propose to examine the following four questions

1 - Was Arab anti-Jewish racism in the first half of the 20th c. fundamentally different from the European variety?
2 - Was there, in British Mandate ‘Palestine,’ a ‘nationally conscious’ ‘Palestinian Arab people’?
3 - Were the Arabs in British Mandate ‘Palestine’ dispossessed of anything by the Zionist Jews?
4 - How did the so-called ‘Palestinian movement’ emerge? Who put it together? Who sponsored it?

for answers check the link and follow the four parts
http://www.hirhome.com/israel/pal_mov.htm

Sometimes I wonder...
the Palestinian population has grown three to five times in size in the last 50 years, and their plight has become the cause celebre of the entire world. More funds have been generously gifted to this "people" than to any other real refugee population, ever. Israel has built them seven universities (that's seven more than they ever had). And what have they made of themselves? They have always looked and behaved more like a mafia and a militia than a nation.

So who are the Palestinians? I would love to ask any of you to name a "Palestinian" leader before Arafat. Or a "Palestinian" folk song or poet before 1964.
When did these "Palestinians" govern in the region? Where were their seats of government, and how did they fall? Since Israel took the West Bank and Gaza from Jordan and Egypt, when was this era of "Palestinian" sovereignty that they are so desperate to return to?

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
Some other times ... It is really hard for me to figure out who's stupider and ultimately more dangerous to freedom everywhere: the mad Muslims, or the scared and morally bankrupt Europeans, or the cocky and morally bankrupt Russians, or the brave but foolish Americans and Israelis, or the criminally negligent UN or, wait -- how bout them North Koreans? Or the Chinese? Yeesh. It's not looking good for peace in my time...

Oh how about the Baathists-from Syria to Iraq?
PLO-from Nablus to Hayfa?
Wahhabists and maybe sufists that adopted NAZI platforms and agendas- from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan to Iran?

Sometimes I wonder if the problem is really us ... a friend of mine calls it " our weakness of mercy" that is going to kill all of us one day

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Do you want me to post all terrorist act israel has done since jews started to immigrate in palestine in early 1900??

Do you want me also to name all school that has been destroyed by israel and turned them into a military check point?

You know doing a propaganda on oppressed people is quite lame and retarded, that is my opinion.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Understanding the Palestinian Movement.

aeon said:
Do you want me to post all terrorist act israel has done since jews started to immigrate in palestine in early 1900??

Do you want me also to name all school that has been destroyed by israel and turned them into a military check point?

You know doing a propaganda on oppressed people is quite lame and retarded, that is my opinion.

Jews have always been a misplaced ethnic group, mixing with and/or keeping separate from the nations they have inhabited over millenia. After the last time the were repressed in Europe, I guess they finally decided to go back to a supposed homeland. I can't say whether this is the true homeland of the jews, but they are certainly Afro-Asiatic peoples.. which would make sense if Israel was the place they originally came from.

On that note, it seems Israel has used similar techniques as Europeans have (I'm not referring specifically to WWII or Germans) that they so proudly and boldly denounce. Things like pillaging villages and homes, cutting the land into specific security sectors, preventing mulsims from wandering freely throughout the country and using brute force based on race. Sound familiar? The world is filled with hypocracy.

Now the Palestinian authorities, political groups and the people are definately not angels. There are hordes of terrorists from that particular ethnic group who would love nothing better than to walk into a busy café filled with people just to explode a bomb.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
By the way: I think Europe and Canada should stop directly supporting EITHER side. Israeli or Palestinian. This has been going on for over half a century now.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
The Palestinian Movement died the day Arafat and the PLO came into power. He screwed them over and is the main reason for all their problems today. While the Palestinians were living in poverty Arafat's wife was living in luxury in Paris on Palestinian funds..

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton

aeon said:

Hehehe you're funny. In fact, yes, I would like you to name all of the schools flattened by the IDF. Put them in alphabetical order and tell me how many students went to each one. That outta keep you busy for a while. :lol:

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

Mogz said:
aeon said:

Hehehe you're funny. In fact, yes, I would like you to name all of the schools flattened by the IDF. Put them in alphabetical order and tell me how many students went to each one. That outta keep you busy for a while. :lol:
You're time would be better spent watching paint dry.. :laughing2: :happy6: :laughing4:

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
The Palestinians aren't after peace . Everything they've ever said, done, published, tells us that what they mean by "peace" is the end of the Jewish project generally, and Israel specifically. We just don't want to believe it. "Peace" equals "peace operations" -- their words. They (at least those in power) have no real interest in a state of their own.

aeon... to keep you updated ;) Palestinians from Fatah and Hamas are crashing with the lebanese army - they intentionally killed one lebanese soldier last week just because the soldier asked teh fatah militant for his rifle's license -( a lebanese soldier on a lebanese land killed by a palestinian) WHY? MAKES ME SICK , MAKES ME ANGRY! This soldier was doing his job on his own land ..
Can u explain this to me ? why do these people enjoy causing trouble everywhere they go? I simply think their definition of peace is a scary one

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Canadian with a hyphen said:
The Palestinians aren't after peace . Everything they've ever said, done, published, tells us that what they mean by "peace" is the end of the Jewish project generally, and Israel specifically. We just don't want to believe it. "Peace" equals "peace operations" -- their words. They (at least those in power) have no real interest in a state of their own.

aeon... to keep you updated ;) Palestinians from Fatah and Hamas are crashing with the lebanese army - they intentionally killed one lebanese soldier last week just because the soldier asked teh fatah militant for his rifle's license -( a lebanese soldier on a lebanese land killed by a palestinian) WHY? MAKES ME SICK , MAKES ME ANGRY! This soldier was doing his job on his own land ..
Can u explain this to me ? why do these people enjoy causing trouble everywhere they go? I simply think their definition of peace is a scary one

You know what makes me sick? is seeing people who are sitting confortably on their fat ass,getting on oppressed peoples which we never seen since the great wars,and put the blame on them, that makes me so angry, and shows your credibility worth absolutly nothing, we all know you hate arabs, and i can smell it from here, get a grip for once, and talk about our governement who doesnt give a shit about anything, except their stupid war on the poor, i mean terror.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Mogz said:
aeon said:

In a mouse click, i show how ignorant you guys are.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,690768,00.html

http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/2436

http://fromoccupiedpalestine.org/node.php?id=1585

Total No. of government and public buildings totally or partially destroyed 570

No. of totally destroyed houses
5,263 including 2,772 in Gaza Strip

http://www.pnic.gov.ps/arabic/quds/eng/israel violation/viol_11.html

http://www.palestinemonitor.org/factsheet/Palestinian_intifada_fact_sheet.htm

MoE reports 850 schools temporarily closed,
8 schools turned into military barracks.
185 schools were shelled and fired upon by Israeli soldiers;
11 schools completely destroyed,
9 vandalized.
15 schools used as detention centers and army barracks.
132 Palestinian students killed and 2,500 injured on their way to or from school
1135 school days have been lost because of Israeli attacks37.
During the long invasion in March/April 2002
54, 730 teaching sessions per day were lost due the complete cessation of classes.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
aeon said:
Canadian with a hyphen said:

You know what makes me sick? is seeing people who are sitting confortably on their fat ass,getting on oppressed peoples which we never seen since the great wars,and put the blame on them, that makes me so angry, and shows your credibility worth absolutly nothing, we all know you hate arabs, and i can smell it from here, get a grip for once, and talk about our governement who doesnt give a shit about anything, except their stupid war on the poor, i mean terror.

I don't hate arabs aeon...how could I? I am an arab-phoenician myself ...our governements have been trying to help the palestinians for 35 ...aeon ... You and I have talked in PMs about the Barak-Clinton proposal to Arafat and how he and the Palsetinians refused it .It offered them a big chunk of what they wanted...Why did they turn it down?
1- because Arafat was an idiot .
2- the palestinians don't know how to choose leaders.
3-The palestininas either want it all or don't want it at all

and if i am WRONG on this, plz educate me by proving the opposite and while ur doing that :BE NICE! or else :violent1:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good post aeon

Unfortunately, none of it will be visible to those conditioned to stand up for Bush no matter what the evidence. :p

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Understanding the Pal

Canadian with a hyphen said
"Sometimes I wonder if the problem is really us ... a friend of mine calls it " our weakness of mercy" that is going to kill all of us one day"

That's one of the sickest sentiments I hear these days. I wonder what it's origins are?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
#juan said:
Good post aeon

Unfortunately, none of it will be visible to those conditioned to stand up for Bush no matter what the evidence. :p

Perhaps lop sided evidence #juan, it takes two to tango if my memory serves me correctly.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Canadian with a hyphen.

Your statements were done by Jewish or biased people or backs the Jewish cause. So I could show other historical information where the foreign Jews caused tremendous violence and death to Palestinians and Arabs so your statements and blank check for Israeli or Jewish sponsored terrorism is just sickening?

Second, kind of sad when a group of people who have been living under military occupation, not some nice fancy little fun thing, military occupation that people wouldn't support them.