UKIP gives the EU what for.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

This is from an email that someone I know received. I think he's a member of UKIP.

It is what the leader of UKIP (UK Independence Party), the party that wants Britain out of the EU, told the President of the European Commission in the EU Parliament. He was angry at how the EU is very undemocratic and doesn't like listening to the views of EU citizens -

"Mr President, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! What a sad, inward-looking, almost ostrich-like speech that was from Commissioner Wallström. I can only conclude that Plan D stands for ‘delusional’. You really ought to get out more, because it seems to me that you are surrounded by Commissioners, officials, sycophants and parliamentarians here, who clearly do not represent the view of at least half the citizens of Europe

Mr Barroso himself is no better, because when he is not working in the Commission he is off on luxury yachts, holidaying with the super-rich.

I think perhaps I have a remedy for you. I should like to invite you, Commissioner Wallström, to come to my local pub one Sunday lunchtime and meet some real people. I can do even better than that: I could invite you to the Oval to watch a test match. Come and watch some cricket and, again, meet some real people! If you do not have time for any of that, you could read your own Eurobarometer poll, which shows that less than half the citizens of Europe now think that the European Union is doing a good job. You are ignoring all these things; in fact, you are developing a bunker mentality, and perhaps that is a good thing, because at least it shows that the end is in sight!

An organisation with any sense of honour would have respected the French and Dutch referendum results and there would have been a complete halt to further integration. Instead, you have all conspired against the French and Dutch people; you have conspired against your own rules, when you said here that it would have to be unanimous, and you are pressing on with this crazy project. The gap between the political classes and the real peoples of Europe is getting wider by the day. Shame on all of you!

It was interesting to receive the following information from France:

For your information, we learned today in a poll published by the newspaper "Libération", not suspected of euroscepticism since it campaigned for the "yes" that 98% of those who voted "No" do not regret. However, the surprise of this poll is elsewhere : 10% of the voters of the Yes regret their vote.

But they have no shame these unelected morons - they will not be moved from power easilly and so they must be dragged out by the scruff of their necks kicking and screaming and chucked onto the nearest garbage dump."
-------------------------------------------------