Taliban Publicly Execute Woman

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

Taliban Publicly Execute Woman
rawa.org
November 17, 1999
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Thousands of people watched as a woman, cowering beneath a pale blue all-enveloping burqa, was shot and killed today in the first public execution of a woman in Kabul since the Taliban religious army took control three years ago.

The woman, identified only as Zarmeena, a mother of seven children, was found guilty of beating her husband to death with a steel hammer as he slept. The reason for the killing two years ago was a family dispute," according to a Taliban soldier, who didn't give his name.

Zarmeena was taken from the back of a pickup truck that drove into the sports stadium. Two female police officers, both in deep blue burqas, held Zarmeena's arms.

Witnesses said the convicted woman walked slowly, each step followed by a pause.

When she reached the center of the field she was ordered by one of the women to sit.

Behind her a young Taliban soldier, his head wrapped in the traditional turban, took aim with his Kalashnikov rifle. But suddenly Zarmeena stood up and tried to flee. A policewoman stopped her and forced her to sit, said witnesses.

The Taliban soldier moved closer and shot her three times.

Afterward from the crowd several people shouted "God is great."

The stadium was packed with men and women, many of whom had brought their children.

One woman in a burqa, who did not give her name, but was running quickly toward the stadium seats pushing her small children ahead of her, said: "This is the first time a woman has been killed. I wanted to see."

Radio Shariat on Monday announced that there would be a public execution.

The Taliban have imposed their harsh brand of Islamic law in the 90 percent of Afghanistan under their control. The Taliban say their version of Islam is a pure one that follows a literal interpretation of the Muslim holy book, The Koran.

Under Taliban laws, murderers are publicly executed by the relatives of their victims. Adulterers are stoned to death and the limbs of thieves are amputated. Lesser crimes are punished by public beatings.

Mohammed Wazay, who was collecting wood outside the stadium said that the woman, whose identity was not released on radio, "deserved to die because she must have killed her husband while he was sleeping, otherwise it's not possible."

http://www.rawa.org/murder-w.htm

The people who complain over and over Canada has no right to be in Afghanistan, would you rather have Afghanistan back in the control of the Taliban so they can publicly execute more women?

Think about that because the Afghanis want Canada to stay as part of the NATO Mission to help them rebuild their lives.

Abandoning the people of Afghanistan is one step closer to the Taliban Publicly Executing more Women, just look at the picture is that what you want again for the people of Afghanistan?

Or should it be, shame on Canada for trying to help bringing a better life to the people of Afghanistan we should have known better because it's not Canada's problem?

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Hey Johnny, these are the same Canadians that didn't care about the Rwandan Genocide. Ignorance is bliss. As long as it isn't directly affecting Canada, who cares. Typical of Canadian society in the 21st century.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: RE: Taliban Publicly Execute Woman

Mogz said:
Hey Johnny, these are the same Canadians that didn't care about the Rwandan Genocide. Ignorance is bliss. As long as it isn't directly affecting Canada, who cares. Typical of Canadian society in the 21st century.

Canada, or Canadians tried to intervene in Rwanda but were thwarted by the U.S.

Afghanistan is a pipeline war, Iraq is an oil war.

Canada has followed the U.S., who followed the Russians, who followed any number of armies who invaded Afghanistan. The human rights abuses, the Muslim excesses, have been going on for centuries. We will probably follow the U.S. into Iraq as well. Canada doesn't have the manpower, or the hardware to make a big difference in either country. There are many other despots who could be unseated besides Saddam, who was invented by the west. I question that it is our job. Given the performance of the Americans in Iraq, it obviously shouldn't have been their job either.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Chavez is right. However, Afghanistan is a mission I support it toally. They removed the Taliban, which killed countless people. However they have replaced it with war lords and drug lords.

However, hopefully after a few years these people are pushed aside and Afghanistancan be a strong nation again.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Jay said:
Afghanistan is a pipeline war, Iraq is an oil war.

Sure....and Chavez is right.

He just might be. Just as "right" i.e. correct as loonie tunes Bushy is.

But 8O back to the original thread. She beat her hubbie to death while he was asleep. Was lead out and shot.

Cost of the whole operation was gas for the car and one bullet.

No $100K per year to keep her in prison for 25. No endless appeals. No bottom dwelling lawyers sucking the taxpayers money.

Works for me.

Also, Afganistan is a pipline war, and Iraq is oil field thing. For sure. Don't tell me people don't believe that!!!???.

Ah me... :roll:

Ugg.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah, Old n' ugly, I thought the same.........this was NOT a good example of Taliban oppression, this execution could have gone on in a slightly different manner in a lot of places.....including Texas.

How about preventing widows from being out in public, thus sentencing them and their children to starvation?

How about rape, and then stoning the woman to death for adultery?

How about preventing women from such simple education as learning to read and write?

Etc, etc.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Public executions by being shot in the head three times for something she probably would have gotten 5 years for in Canada (depending on the circumstances)?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Yah Jay, well, she shoulda brought the family to Canada and offed the twit here. No doubt she had her reasons.

Stoning and starving for being raped and being a widow are a tad on the extreme side for sure. These Taliban men must have a real insecurity about their masculinity in order to want to put down women in such a brutal fashion.

Know what though?? Betcha it's going to be a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
time before the 21C catches up with the 5thC where they live, maybe never.

Afganistan has a history of reducing conquering armies to rubble and eventually throwing them out: Brits, Russians,........next :!: :!:

It's all about money IMHO. No money; we wouldn't be there. We wouldn't hear about drugs, Taliban, executions. And if we did we wouldn't give a shit. We are just now getting interested as a nation in Darfur. Look how long that's taken, and it's been going on for years. It's taken the work of dedicated humanists to keep it front and centre in order to shame the West into helping. Not much help so far.

Anybody wants to swallow the US-Brit-now Cdn. fairytale of making any Muslim nation "democratic" and "christian", I got a bridge I'll sell ya cheap.

Just my opinion.

:idea:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think if 9/11 didn't happen, we wouldn't be there, no one would be, and the Taliban would still be in charge.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Re: RE: Taliban Publicly Execute Woman

Jay said:
I think if 9/11 didn't happen, we wouldn't be there, no one would be, and the Taliban would still be in charge.

Bang on Jay :!: Addendum: And would we care?. Would we ever think about Afganistan? Why? Heroin. Nah. It's been around for a long time.

And, there are rumours that 9/11 could have been prevented.

Probably not, just like the breaching of the levees in N.Orleans couldn't have possibly been prevented.

Does get tedious don't it
:roll:

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
There were signs of the Talibam's brutal reign in Afghanistan before 9/11. Examples, CNN's beneath the Veil, Sebastian Junger's National Georgraphic special where he rode shotgun with the Northern Alliance. The problem is the World at large didn't pay enough attention to Afghanistan until 9/11..