Israel 'Iran can also be Wiped off the Map'

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

May. 8, 2006
IsraelJpost.com
Excerpt:
Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Monday that "the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map."

"Teheran is making a mockery of the international community's efforts to solve the crisis surrounding Iran's nuclear program," Peres told Reuters, adding that "Iran presents a danger to the entire world, not just to us."

Peres's vehement expressions came the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote to US President George W. Bush proposing "new solutions" to their differences in the first letter from an Iranian leader to an American president in 27 years, Iranian government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said Monday.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1145961301962&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Israel is now making threats to wipe Iran off the Map. Israel could in theory wipe Iran off the Map is they choose to, but it's unlikely it will come to that as this is more Sabre Rattling..

What's interesting is this letter that was sent to the President Bush from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, could this be the same kind of Letter Chairman Khrushchev sent to President Kennedy which defused the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
AhmadiNejad and his big mouth... He can talk all he wants he can threatens all he wants ... The bottom line is if one missile hits Isreal from Iran ... Tehran will fall in hours ...
The persian gulf is a 3rd world area, this guy cannot help his own people in natural disasters let alone war (Iran's military force hasn't fought since 1988)
The world is better off without a nuclear Iran, lead by an extremist who hates the west and want to establish an Islamic republic from Beirut to Morroco , From Sinai to Bahrat lut.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Canadian with a hyphen said:
AhmadiNejad and his big mouth... He can talk all he wants he can threatens all he wants ... The bottom line is if one missile hits Isreal from Iran ... Tehran will fall in hours ...
The persian gulf is a 3rd world area, this guy cannot help his own people in natural disasters let alone war (Iran's military force hasn't fought since 1988)
The world is better off without a nuclear Iran, lead by an extremist who hates the west and want to establish an Islamic republic from Beirut to Morroco , From Sinai to Bahrat lut.
I think AhmadiNejad is a mouth piece for the Mullahs as they are the real power. Israel making these threats is nothing to be taken serious, but the letter sent to President Bush could be a sign AhmadiNejad wants to play"Let's make a deal"..

Funny thing today I had to catch a Cab, while in the cab I noticed a Lebanese ornament hanging on the rearview mirror, so I asked the cab driver if he was Lebanse he was and we started talking, he's been in Canada for over 30 years and was telling me he visits Lebanon every year and how much it's changed. Well I mentioned Syria and he started going off on Syria, it was all good!
:lol:

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
Johnny Utah said:
I think AhmadiNejad is a mouth piece for the Mullahs as they are the real power. Israel making these threats is nothing to be taken serious, but the letter sent to President Bush could be a sign AhmadiNejad wants to play"Let's make a deal"..

Funny thing today I had to catch a Cab, while in the cab I noticed a Lebanese ornament hanging on the rearview mirror, so I asked the cab driver if he was Lebanse he was and we started talking, he's been in Canada for over 30 years and was telling me he visits Lebanon every year and how much it's changed. Well I mentioned Syria and he started going off on Syria, it was all good!

AhmadiNejad recently visited Syria and Hezzbollah in Syria as well as Hamas Leaders ... This is what I think should be done next:

1- No peace talk with Iran until it stops its nuclear's activities therefore President Bush should turn that letter from Nejad into paper airplane

2- Disarming Hezbollah and pushing them to join the lebanese army.

3- Regime change in Syria.

to be continued ....

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
The Mullah bit off more than they could chew when the got Ahmadinejad. All his populist ravings are one thing. Annoying but cute ravings styled in a "stir up the following" sort of way is one thing, but identifying and promising to find the $100B+ (damn near 20% of all oil cash flow over the years involved) in oil revenues done went and tanked the stock market as the filthy lucre left town ASAP. Most unhappy Mullah. :lol:

I'm not so sure the guy is the sort of puppet they're used to. I'm pretty sure he's not the guy who gets the button.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Iran wants a Nuclear Weapon to be the big kid on the block making threats against Israel perhaps India and Pakistan in the near future and to use it against the Iranian people..

By that I mean once they have a Nuclear Weapon they can crush any sign of a movement of change holding the Nuclear Weapon threat against the West from trying to interfere in Iranian affairs..

Grit86

May 8, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
And of all the countries in the Middle East with these terrible fundamentalist governments (including some with the potential for WMD), which one did the US attack? That's right -- the only one with a government NOT run by these zealots.

NOTE: I know Sadaam was a terrible tyrant who deserved to be removed -- I'm just pointing out that of the many threats in the Middle East, he was probably less of a threat than Iran!

NOTE2: Just because I think Iran was a more deserving target for the US attack, doesn't mean I would support a military strike on it. I'd rather see diplomacy take its course in any situation that could potentially turn into war. :)

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

AhmadiNejad recently visited Syria and Hezzbollah in Syria as well as Hamas Leaders ... This is what I think should be done next:

1- No peace talk with Iran until it stops its nuclear's activities therefore President Bush should turn that letter from Nejad into paper airplane

2- Disarming Hezbollah and pushing them to join the lebanese army.

3- Regime change in Syria.

to be continued ....
[/quote]

regim change in syria?? are you guys kidding or what?? look what is going on in iraq, are you guys that ignorant to think a regime change will work in syria? The war in iraq broke anything the west can do and could have done.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Johnny Utah said:

May. 8, 2006
IsraelJpost.com
Excerpt:
Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Monday that "the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map."

"Teheran is making a mockery of the international community's efforts to solve the crisis surrounding Iran's nuclear program," Peres told Reuters, adding that "Iran presents a danger to the entire world, not just to us."

Peres's vehement expressions came the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote to US President George W. Bush proposing "new solutions" to their differences in the first letter from an Iranian leader to an American president in 27 years, Iranian government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said Monday.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1145961301962&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Israel is now making threats to wipe Iran off the Map. Israel could in theory wipe Iran off the Map is they choose to, but it's unlikely it will come to that as this is more Sabre Rattling..

What's interesting is this letter that was sent to the President Bush from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, could this be the same kind of Letter Chairman Khrushchev sent to President Kennedy which defused the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Ok you guys were screaming for an invasion when evil iranian leader said"" isreal could be wipe-off the map"" but when it is someone you cheered, it is ok??

Fact= israeal has enough nuclear weapons today, to destroyed the entire middle east

Fact= iran are 10 years away from making their first nuclear bomb.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Agree totally with Aeon on this one.

Israel should be condemed just as much as Iran for making comments of this nature. But they are not because they are good buddy buddy with America.

The hypocritical nature is just sickening. Israel with comments like this is the threat at the moment since they have the nuclear weapons.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Yes, Israel should not counter any of this...they should just shut up and sit down. :roll:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No, Isreal should stand up to threats, not act like they can be bullied by morons.

He is a sensible guy and that is why Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is still alive.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
RE: Israel 'Iran can also

Yep, otherwise what Jay is saying could be interpreted as "the BAD guys threaten, the GOOD guys state their position/intent" which is an absurd way to view things in real life, and symptomatic of a really poor (maybe non-existent?) "understanding" of inter-personal, inter-national or inter-pretty-much-anything relationships

If Israel is so damn perfect, why must they resort to the same tactics that the eeevil Iran is using???

I'm not saying either side is right (a countdown to a "quote" of the last sentence with rolleyes and something like "another Iran supporter, why don't you go and join the terrorists" may begin now) but if the "rumours" of Israeli nuclear power (weapons) are true (and that is a TINY "if") and IF they are indeed the "good guys" (and as far as things look, they were not as belligerent towards Iran as they now appear- the original "wiped off the map" comments by Iran were actually pretty well recieved, in-stride with no hissy fits) then going on and doing EXACTLY what was being decried as "wrong" by threatening another nation wil annhilation is just plain juvenile, and most certailnly not productive... see, Iran, for all the bluster, CAN't make good on its threats, whereas Israel could be doing so as I type... really deosn't help their case on the world stage, but from the looks of some of the posts in this thread, they have plenty of cheerleaders

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
Jay said:
Yes, Israel should not counter any of this...they should just shut up and sit down. :roll:

There are times diplomacy requires precisely that action.

But now isn't one of them.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Which side to support? The Terrorist regime Iran or the Democracy Israel? Israel is clearly the good guys in all this as long as Iran is run by the Mullahs with it's crazy President..

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
That's funny its not black and white.

When you have a nation that says that it wants to wipe another nation of the earth a so called 'good' nation and a so called 'evil' nation you oppose both because it doesn't help because it can allow Iran to say it needs nuclear weapons in defence.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Iran wants to play ball....I say we should play.