Turks and Caicos

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi bpal

Welcome to Canadian Content.

I don't know if Harper will pursue that or not but I have a large bottle of sun block just in case... :wink: :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I haven't given this too much thought, but is it possible that some large country in this hemisphere might find the Turks and Calcos joining Canada counter productive?

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well consider the islands are far away from Canada we have no real ability to insure it's Canadian sovernty really. Realistically it will either stay under British rule or go into union with a island closer to it... or the USA

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm sure you're right.

It's a shame really. Can't you just hear the opposition screamiming about the cost over runs on the new Island water system and sewer disposal..etc. In the end, we would do it right and it would be the envy of all south sea islands.........and then they would join the states. :roll: :roll: :lol:

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Plus if they joined confederation it would change a few things economically too. Transfer payments and all and we would most likely have to add a Senator and a MP for the Island. The costs would be extremely high.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On the positive side,

Think of the Canadian and other tourist dollars that would flood the place. Imagine a south sea isle where you could drink the water. :p

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Yeah we could all go their for the summer... but also as soon as it became apart of Canada I bet the cost of living there would sky rocket. Because everything would have to change their once the constitution took in effect their.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, and all the islanders would move to Canada where global warming has made the climate subtropical. Isn't life great... :p

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
hmmm GreenLand should be apart of Canada's "Menifest destiny"

Just think about it. We invade Greenland... who cares, right? Then we get Iceland, people start to get worried, then we sneak attack Ireland and really the rest of Europe will be for the taking. =-D

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
This issue has become a non issue ever since the islands' economy has boomed. Too bad really, you guys need an area with a bit of milder climate. :wink: :D