British soldiers raid Iraq bomb factory.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Sun

By TOM NEWTON DUNN
Defence Editor

British troops have busted a terror cell’s Iraq bomb factory.

The gang of three are thought to be behind a huge roadside blast that blew off the arm of a young officer a month ago and killed his Iraqi interpreter.

They may also have played a part in murders of more than a dozen of Our Boys killed by a new type of high-tech devices supplied by Iran.

During the 3am arrests in Basra a lethal cache of arms and explosives was also discovered.

It came after a painstaking two-week investigation into the terrorist cell.

The makeshift factory — a carpenter’s workshop — was less than half a mile from the site of the blast that left Captain Steve “Monty” Monteith disabled for life a month ago.

The device tore his left arm off at the elbow. Capt Montieth ignored his terrible injury to radio HQ to warn other patrols.

During Thursday morning’s four-hour operation, three addresses were raided.

The trio were formally arrested on suspicion of terror acts and locked up inside a British base.

It was spearheaded by the 1st Battalion, the Light Infantry, who arrived in southern Iraq just a few days ago.

They discovered nine large rockets, an RPG7 grenade launcher, nine RPG warheads, four hand grenades, four mortar rounds, 18 boxes of ammunition, two AK47 assault rifles and an automatic pistol in the workshop and two houses.

Lieutenant Jaspar Crawley, who led one of the raids, said: “I was quite excited before we set off. Once on task, it all went very quickly and the safety of the men on the ground was at the forefront of my mind.”

In the last 11 months, 14 British soldiers have died from roadside bombs.

thesun.co.uk

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I bet they're shouting "The British are coming, the British are coming!" :D We've had some experience in this matter.

Good job! God Save the Queen and all that British stuff. :D