Iran News Agency: Oil Bouse to open next week

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
no word about the currency(s) involved

Vaziri-Hamaneh: Oil Stock Exchange to be set up in Iran next week

Oil Minister Kazem Vaziri Hamaneh said on Wednesday that the establishment of Oil Stock Exchange is in its final stage and the bourse will be launched in Iran in the next week.

He told reporters, upon arrival from Qatar where he attended the 10th General Assembly of International Energy Agency and consultations with OPEC member states, that registration of the Oil Stock Exchange is underway and the entity will operate after being approved by by Council of Stock Exchange.

He rejected a statement attributed to him saying that Oil Stock Exchange will bring to the ground the US economy and said, "I don't know who has speculated that I've not talked about US economy." Asked about conference on energy in Doha, he said that more than 60 countries and 30 oil companies and consultants took part in the conference.

Vaziri Hamaneh said that serious discussions were held including security of supply and demand, security of investment in energy and environment issues.

"The best method for security of demand in the oil sector is that consumers should be given opportunity to enter into partnership with the suppliers in investment in oil industry."
He said that the conference called for diversifying energy resources and cooperation of the developed states with the countries possessing oil and gas resources.

Asked about the oil price rise, Vaziri-Hamaneh said that oil price is being influenced by political situation, whereas it should be freed from political impacts and economic and technical fundamentals should determine the oil prices.

"As long as political impacts dominate the oil market, price hike will continue," he concluded.

the rubber hits the road.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Iran News Agency: Oi

American threats against Iran have accellarated over the past week, Condi Rice has been all over Europe trying to drum up support for an attack. This is very important for America it must succeed at all costs with respect to Iran, if it fails to back Iran down it looses everything. It does not have the security council this time, and Iran has bought lots of missles from both Russia and N Korea so it's going to be a tough nut for Uncle Sam to crack.
What will be the new world reserve currency, the Euro or Gold?
Uncle Sam can,t win this one, streached way to thin to get the job done and lots of countrys are going to help Iran. A world free of imperial taxation. What is that going to be like?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: Iran News Agency: Oi

Toro said:
Thank God.

Now we can be rid of these silly foiler theories.

If Chinese and Russian companies join in with any enthusiasm it will impact the real demand for greenbacks in the spot market. A lot of work went into talking OPEC into the New York and London arrangements. We'll see if it was not without reason.

1 EUR = $1.25570
1 IMF SDR = $0.6797810000 USD

market's jumpy.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
who Cook?

nah. he's nothing but sour grapes.

I usually find libertarians rather annoying, but Senator Ron Paul has a good overview of the potential impact, but over and above the debate about whether the petro-dollar really is a cog in the hegemony wheel is whether anyone's going to enter the sandbox.

considering today's rather stunning lack of the usual follow-the-leader in the FX over the US GDP announcement, I'd say the next month or so is going to be WAY interesting.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

I meant the economics part of the situation, you know the technicle stuff I have ignored for ever, I could see that Cook was a little off when I read the article you pointed at, thanks for the link to Ron Paul I really want to know whats happening rather than my usual shot in the dark guesswork. I'v been thinking for a long time that the easiest way to control the economics of oil was to control the oil and I have not thought negotiations would give the result that the US wants, maybe I'm to stunned to appreciate the finer points of the situation but I still think physical total control of the region is key to US long term requirments, and they can't or won't back away from
those objectives. And in the end I don't see any difference between can't and won't.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I wouldn't worry about the US doing anything drastic. They're all toys and no boys these days. no boots no roots.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

They've already done drastic shit with Iraq and when you threaten to use nukes that's getting pretty drastic, the bombs are a great replacement for boots, and if thier wasn't
anything to worry about why are Americans worried about it. When they're worried I'm worried.