Report: IOF arrested 650,000 Palestinians since 1967

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
Occupied Jerusalem - Palestinian official data revealed that Israel had arrested around 650,000 Palestinian citizens since its occupation of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in June 1967, which constitutes almost one-third of the total population in the two regions, sources in the PA ministry on prisoners' affairs said.

The sources added that around 40,000 Palestinian citizens were arrested since the outbreak of the Palestinian Aqsa intifada in the year 2000, around 9,400 of them remained incarcerated in 30 Israeli jails till now.

It added that the arrested Palestinians were of all age categories, and of both genders, including 10,000 Palestinian women, 120 of whom are still imprisoned behind bars up to date. Around 330 Palestinian children were also still detained in miserable imprisonment conditions.

The sources further emphasized that the IOF rounded up around 4,000 Palestinian citizens since Palestinian factions agreed to the calming down deal proposed by the PA chief, Mahmoud Abbas, in February last year till the end of the last month of March, including hundreds of students and children.

It clarified that 183 Palestinian inmates died while under detention due to severe torture sessions in interrogation centers, deliberate murder, and intentional medical neglect among other cruel practices.

More than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners were reportedly suffering from chronic diseases; but the IOF remained defiant and rejected to provide them any medication, which seriously jeopardizes their lives.

Meanwhile, the prisoners' support society urged all concerned local and international institutions to unmask the "savage" IOF practices against Palestinian captives in the jails.

It also invited all concerned Palestinian parties, especially the present PA government, not to repeat mistakes of the previous PA governments which placed the prisoners issue at the bottom of their list of priorities, leaving them under the "mercy" of the Israeli occupation government.

The society enumerated a number of cruel practices of the Israeli prison authorities against the detainees, including frequent denial of family visits, denial of the right to learn, and arbitrary administrative detention of hundreds of them among other brutal deeds.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Obviously this was a cut and paste. And with IOF replacing IDF it was cut from an Anti-Israel website.

So what if they arrested that many. They probably still should be in jail!

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
EagleSmack..... when some american or israelian reads the truth they immediately say anti-america... anti-israel.... anti-bloody.....
i just want to say the truth and what happened on the palestinian ground...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Again your evident use of an Anti-Israeli website shoots holes in what you call the truth.

The repetitive use of IOF which stands for Israeli Occupation Forces as opposed to the officially recognized name of Israel's Army... the IDF which stand for Israeli Defense Forces. When the acronym IOF is used it is to slight Israel. That acronym was imposed on Israel by the people who want Israel pushed into the sea.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Just some observations on that article's lack
of some deeper stats.

1. No statistics on repeat offenders
Does 650,000 mean a different offender each time?
Or does it mean the number of arrests, including
repeated arrests and release of same persons ?

2. 650,000 / (2006-1967) = 19,697 per year / 12 months
= 1641 per month divided by 30 day = 54 per day.

The article does not break the number down,
and with the questions above and below, the number
becomes much less bazaar given the environment
of hatred by both sides.

3. No statistics on prisoner exchanges and
prisoner releases and if those released or exchanged
were re-arrested ??

4. No statistics on how many of those 650,000
were captured during the 1967 Six Days War.

5. And those captured during the 1967 Six Days War,
how many were defined as Jordanian, Syrian, Egyptian
or Palestinian ??? Did this mean only Egyptian Gaza
residents and Jordanian West Bank residents ?

These questions won't matter to the person
bedazzled by the 650k number and who rushed to use
this number like a banner flag.

Granted, a false choice was imposed.
And that is the everlasting issue.

But in the meantime, this number grows smaller in stature
the more you ask questions about it.

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
hehe.... you return to slight the truth again..... i see IOF... you see IDF..... the issue isnt here ..... the truth is that isrealian were arrested 650,000 Palestinians since 1967.... you can visited united nation for prisoner....

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
650,000 arrests or 650,000 non-repeaters ?

If you take out all the non repeaters, the arrests
of different people goes down to 3000 per year divided
by 12 months = 250 per month divided by 30 days = 8
per day rivaling a lesser average than the crime
in any major city in the world.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: Report: IOF arrested 650,000 Palestinians since 1967

jimmoyer said:
650,000 arrests or 650,000 non-repeaters ?

If you take out all the non repeaters, the arrests
of different people goes down to 3000 per year divided
by 12 months = 250 per month divided by 30 days = 8
per day rivaling a lesser average than the crime
in any major city in the world.

That beats Surrey, doesn't it Zoof?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
diaeagle said:
hehe.... you return to slight the truth again..... i see IOF... you see IDF..... the issue isnt here ..... the truth is that isrealian were arrested 650,000 Palestinians since 1967.... you can visited united nation for prisoner....

What you see and call the IDF is your own opinion and I respect that.

But when you cut and paste and article that speaks of the the IDF in terms of the IOF that is PURE PROPAGANDA. When you quote figures from an Anti-Israeli website you are quoting a source that is biased and therefore it is not really believable or taken seriously. Your supposed facts are getting shot to ribbons by everyone here.

If I were you I'd put this one in the LOSS column and start another thread. :lol:

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
EagleSmack said:
diaeagle said:

What you see and call the IDF is your own opinion and I respect that.

But when you cut and paste and article that speaks of the the IDF in terms of the IOF that is PURE PROPAGANDA. When you quote figures from an Anti-Israeli website you are quoting a source that is biased and therefore it is not really believable or taken seriously. Your supposed facts are getting shot to ribbons by everyone here.

If I were you I'd put this one in the LOSS column and start another thread. :lol:

:lol:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Actually Jersay gets the biggest praise of all
for going through a transition on this subject.

I'd like to see Jersay come up with some ideas on
the matter. I'd like to see a pro-Palestinian propose
a solution, a practical one, with sincerety of purpose
and understanding for all sides on this one.

Then we'll see what the pro-Jews say.

It's really time we get the pro-Palestinians to talk
less stridently and we pro-Israelis do the same.

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
Palestinians who attack Israeli soldiers cannot be defined as terrorists, Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said in an interview with US television network ABC broadcast on Tuesday, April 11.

"Somebody who is fighting against Israeli soldiers is an enemy and we will fight back, but I believe that this not under the definition of terrorism, if the target is a soldier," Livni said, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).

In a later interview with Israeli public radio, Livni, also the justice minister, said a distinction should be made between Palestinians who attack soldiers and those who target civilians.

"We must say to the international community that terrorists who take the lives of civilians are terrorists, that you cannot justify their motivations," she said.

Experts believe that the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, now in government after a landslide election victory, has changed resistance tactics, targeting only Israeli military targets within the territories occupied in 1967.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
diaeagle said:
Palestinians who attack Israeli soldiers cannot be defined as terrorists, Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said in an interview with US television network ABC broadcast on Tuesday, April 11.

"Somebody who is fighting against Israeli soldiers is an enemy and we will fight back, but I believe that this not under the definition of terrorism, if the target is a soldier," Livni said, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).

In a later interview with Israeli public radio, Livni, also the justice minister, said a distinction should be made between Palestinians who attack soldiers and those who target civilians.

"We must say to the international community that terrorists who take the lives of civilians are terrorists, that you cannot justify their motivations," she said.

Experts believe that the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, now in government after a landslide election victory, has changed resistance tactics, targeting only Israeli military targets within the territories occupied in 1967.

Like the Tel Aviv fast food joint that was attacked yesterday killing 9 civillians?

Yeah they have come along way. :roll:

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
EagleSmack said:
diaeagle said:

Like the Tel Aviv fast food joint that was attacked yesterday killing 9 civillians?

.....becarefull..not anti-israel said that.. she is Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni :wink: ......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Report: IOF arrested 650,000 Palestinians since 1967

jimmoyer said:
Just some observations on that article's lack
of some deeper stats.

1. No statistics on repeat offenders
Does 650,000 mean a different offender each time?
Or does it mean the number of arrests, including
repeated arrests and release of same persons ?

2. 650,000 / (2006-1967) = 19,697 per year / 12 months
= 1641 per month divided by 30 day = 54 per day.

The article does not break the number down,
and with the questions above and below, the number
becomes much less bazaar given the environment

Thank you, JM......I was thinking along the same lines myself.
of hatred by both sides.

3. No statistics on prisoner exchanges and
prisoner releases and if those released or exchanged
were re-arrested ??

4. No statistics on how many of those 650,000
were captured during the 1967 Six Days War.

5. And those captured during the 1967 Six Days War,
how many were defined as Jordanian, Syrian, Egyptian
or Palestinian ??? Did this mean only Egyptian Gaza
residents and Jordanian West Bank residents ?

These questions won't matter to the person
bedazzled by the 650k number and who rushed to use
this number like a banner flag.

Granted, a false choice was imposed.
And that is the everlasting issue.

But in the meantime, this number grows smaller in stature
the more you ask questions about it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Obviously Livni was wrong.

Hamas terrorists and murderers still hunt civilians, using children as their bombs.

You are obviously very pro-Palestinian, diaeagle, so please answer my standard question to those who attack Israel........Would you rather be an Arab Muslim in Israel, or a Jew in any Arab Muslim country?

Think about how you answer.

Then think about your answer.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
diaeagle said:
EagleSmack said:
diaeagle said:

.....becarefull..not anti-israel said that.. she is Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni :wink: ......

Try reading the stuff you cut and paste before you spout off. The Minister said that attacks against soldiers are not terrorist attacks but attacks against civillians are.

The attack the other day was against civillians and your "Reformed" <cough> Hammas Party supported it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is lots of information available. This particular bit was written by Jews who were there from the start.

link