Canada in Afghanistan - integration with USA military

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
- Does Canada simply accept that the USA military industrial machine will rule the world?
- do we go so far as the HELP them accomplish this goal?
- do voters realise what they vote for when they vote for Harper?

Ceasefire.ca
http://tinyurl.com/dvuej

Missle defence and troops in Afghanistan, plus a HUGE increase in military funding is fueling Canada's integration with the USA armed forces.

Some of us don't like it.

There is an action page at the link above, where you can send our leaders a letter telling them your resistance to Canadian tropps in Afghanistan.

They are there to help ensure a pipeline can be operated and built across Afghistan, to bring crude oil and natural gas thru the Caspian sea. Like Iraq, its all about the oil.

Epecially on military issues, Harper will cozy up to the ones who installed him as PM of Canada...no, not the voters silly! - the Elites who decide these things, the same ones who put Bush into office.

-----

Is Canada Violating International Law In Afghanistan?
http://tinyurl.com/f8xr6

Canadian troops in Afghanistan are complicit in war crimes and crimes against humanity because of their new aggressive role in support of the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan and should be immediately pulled out of the war zone and returned to Canada

-------------

"Its Never Enough!!!"

Canada's alarming rise in military spending:
http://www.polarisinstitute.org/pubs/neverenough.pdf

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Canada's Mission in Afghanistan

Karlin, first and foremost, thank you for making such an interesting post; however, I think that we are going to disagree on a good many points therein, but I look forward to a proper debate in relation to any such disagreements. ;)

:arrow: Elites' Role in Elections

I am unsure as to how the elite are seen to effect elections in the United States of America; however, I would argue that no such phenomenon occurs in Canada. Some would argue that our system of election for Members of Parliament is somewhat defunct in terms of using an entirely first-past-the-post system, but I don't think that there is any true way for the higher-ups in society to push the results of an election one way or another, never mind the Thirty-ninth General Election, where there is so much more scrutiny on the processing of elections than there has been in the past.

:arrow: Canada's Mission in Afghanistan

I don't think that the decisions made by our Government of Canada in terms of the presence of our Canadian Forces in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, should be dependent one way or the other on whatever activities the United States of America happens to be undertaking at the time. Canada is a sovereign nation, and our ideas and suggestions should not be compared and contrasted to those of the United States prior to their implementation, in my opinion.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Canadian troops in Afghanistan are complicit in war crimes and crimes against humanity because of their new aggressive role in support of the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan and should be immediately pulled out of the war zone and returned to Canada

:laughing3:

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
agreed karlin

cut and run before we get our hands even dirtier

let americans fight american wars

cut and run

and lets see if we can spent a bit less money on toys for the boys in the military and on something a littel more productive

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Quote:

I disagree wholeheartedly with this nonsemse.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: Canada in Afghanistan - integration with USA militar

cortezzz said:
agreed karlin

cut and run before we get our hands even dirtier

let americans fight american wars

cut and run

and lets see if we can spent a bit less money on toys for the boys in the military and on something a littel more productive
The Mission in Afghanistan isn't an American War or a Canadian War it's a NATO Mission. To cut and run would only embolden the Terrorists in Afghanistan and around the World. Cut and Run never worked and it never will.

You can't blame The United States for Canada being in Afghanistan, try blaming Bin Laden and Al Qaeda for 9/11 instead because that is the reason why Canada is there. Canada is not there for oil or some pipeline but to combat Terrorists, help a country rebuild after 30 years of War and to live up to it's part as a member of NATO..

As for the money being spent on the Military it isn't for toys it's for equipment they need to get the job done..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Karlin said:
- Does Canada simply accept that the USA military industrial machine will rule the world?
- do we go so far as the HELP them accomplish this goal?
- do voters realise what they vote for when they vote for Harper?

Ceasefire.ca
http://tinyurl.com/dvuej

Missle defence and troops in Afghanistan, plus a HUGE increase in military funding is fueling Canada's integration with the USA armed forces.

Some of us don't like it.

There is an action page at the link above, where you can send our leaders a letter telling them your resistance to Canadian tropps in Afghanistan.

They are there to help ensure a pipeline can be operated and built across Afghistan, to bring crude oil and natural gas thru the Caspian sea. Like Iraq, its all about the oil.

Epecially on military issues, Harper will cozy up to the ones who installed him as PM of Canada...no, not the voters silly! - the Elites who decide these things, the same ones who put Bush into office.

-----

Is Canada Violating International Law In Afghanistan?
http://tinyurl.com/f8xr6

-------------

"Its Never Enough!!!"

Step by step.....

The reason Canada SHOULD support the United States, and do our best to help the United States maintain its position of dominance in the world is simple.......the Americans have never shown any tendency to try and rule the world. In fact, they have passed up a clear opportunity.

After the Second World War, there was no nation on earth that could stand against the Americans. The Yanks had nukes.........alone. There were many (including General George Patton) who thought that, having defeated Hitler, the west should move on Stalin........The Yanks passed.

Instead, they spent billions of dollars rebuilding the nations of the world.....including those of their former enemies. Japan's liberal constitution, granting liberation to women and creating a independent, democratic, economic powerhouse in the east, was written by General Douglas MacArthur.

And, much as some people hate the Bush administration, they show little tendency towards controling the nations they have invaded. Both Afghanistan and Iraq have elected governments, consisting of a number of factions the USA really doesn't like.

Funny way to rule the world.

As I've said repeatedly, if there is to be only one super-power on earth, we should all get down on our knees every night and thank God it is the United States of America.

Imagine the alternatives!

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Canada in Afghanistan

NO DEEP INTEGRATION WITH THE UNITED STATES, EVER!

Too late there buddy, Task Force Rakkasan was as integrated as we could ever get:

The 3rd Air Assault Brigade Combat Team:

1st Battalion 187th Infantry Regiment
2nd Battalion 187th Infantry Regiment
3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
3rd Reconnaissance Squadron 187th Infantry Regiment
B Squadron (Recce) Lord Strathconna's Horse (Royal Canadians)
3rd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment
D Battery 1st Royal Canadian Horse Artillery
626th Brigade Support Battalion
1st Canadian Service Battalion

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Re: RE: Canada in Afghanistan

Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:
NOW BACK TO REALITY!

Got an argument there somewhere, Beav?

Or just empty rhetoric?

What part of my argument did you miss?
If you can't see an argument in this statement then you do not support Canadian sovereignty and you do support American interferance in every aspect of Canadian life, you love the U.S. more than you love Canada I think.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Mogz said:

Too late there buddy, Task Force Rakkasan was as integrated as we could ever get:

The 3rd Air Assault Brigade Combat Team:

1st Battalion 187th Infantry Regiment
2nd Battalion 187th Infantry Regiment
3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
3rd Reconnaissance Squadron 187th Infantry Regiment
B Squadron (Recce) Lord Strathconna's Horse (Royal Canadians)
3rd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment
D Battery 1st Royal Canadian Horse Artillery
626th Brigade Support Battalion
1st Canadian Service Battalion

Thank you for the details necessary to support our contention that the Afghanistan mission is in fact an American mission. Do you know that Canadian troops are in violation of articles of conflict signed by our government and that our troops will be subject to the world court should it be determined that we have turned captives over to Afghan or American forces for torture.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Hey DB, wanna see something interesting I bumped into? An article written in 1914 from those of your ilk, seems your tune hasn't changed in nearly 100 years, and I bet it never will.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Karlin said:
-

"Its Never Enough!!!"

Yeeeeaaahhhh.... whenever anyone bemoans the "alarming" rise in Canadas military spending, they discredit themselves in my mind. Canada's military, whether pro-US, anti-us, or whatever, is dangerously underfunded. Remember a few years back when the Army ran out of boots for its recruits? Sorry I'll repeat that ...Army ran out of boots for its recruits...

Increased military spending is not what you should be protesting... Integration with the US, go for it. I don't agree with your position, but I support your right to have it. Protesting the amount of money going to the Canadian Forces, that's just imbecility

:Edit: Btw, if you're worried about the military spending too much money, just let it go back to a pre 1960's model. Have the actual military and the beauracracy of the Department of Defense seperate... then the military will spend money only on what they need, and not on sexual harassment days, native friendship courses, and all the other BS money-wasting garbage that the Liberals loved, as well as Beuarocratic "skimming" from the CF coffers...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

darkbeaver said:
Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:
NOW BACK TO REALITY!

Got an argument there somewhere, Beav?

Or just empty rhetoric?

What part of my argument did you miss?
If you can't see an argument in this statement then you do not support Canadian sovereignty and you do support American interferance in every aspect of Canadian life, you love the U.S. more than you love Canada I think.

Sorry, Beav, that is not an argument. It is merely a statement of belief.

An argument would be a statement of why you believe so, or why such an attitude is correct or necessary...........

Like this....your statement is meaningless, as we are already deeply integrated with the United States. We come from the same roots, we share basic values, we are often related, we share a continent and an economy.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Canada in Afghanistan

Well a couple of reasons for you then, there credit abusers and thier human rights abusers and they want to rule the world, see Pax Americana, see no United Nations

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC
Doryman said:
Remember a few years back when the Army ran out of boots for its recruits? Sorry I'll repeat that ...Army ran out of boots for its recruits...

IIRC, they spent the money on submarines and fancy offices for the brass.

Doryman said:
Increased military spending is not what you should be protesting... Integration with the US, go for it. I don't agree with your position, but I support your right to have it. Protesting the amount of money going to the Canadian Forces, that's just imbecility

I will protest spending money on the Canadian Forces when it goes to idiotic toys or cozying up to the US. And I definitely want our troops out of Afghanistan.

I am all in favour of Canadain defense. We have to remember, though, defense ends at our borders. When we send troops across the world, we are waging war. Why are we waging war against the Afghans? Because Canadian businessmen want to make lots of money by sucking up to Bush.