Softwood Lumber and Free Trade

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada and the U.S. signed an agreement

on free trade between our countries. Canada, the U.S., and Mexico further signed an agreement on free trade in North America. The dispute between Canada and the U.S. regarding softwood lumber has been judged by the WTO two or three times,and at least two NAFTA panels, and the findings are that the tariffs applied by the U.S. are illegal. Somehow these facts escape the inbred cretin that currently occupies the whitehouse, who says he is optimistic that the thing can be solved. There was a time when a signed agreement with the U.S. meant something. As many countries are finding out, those days are over.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You must be thinking of another forum Toro

I looked for an existing topic and didn't find one. In any case, if you don't like it, don't read it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Softwood Lumber and F

Hello Bull, tell us about your oil theroys, Americans are softwood lumber thieves and liars.Like you. Give us the five billion back or we'll nuke you.This is your last warning.hahahahah

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada, as the exporter, has paid over five billion dollars in illegal tariffs.

Compensation is simple. Give us back our money.

Toro

Senate Member

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Thank heavens for NAFTA, as this dispute has gone on since 1981 and wouldn't have ended without it. Withouth NAFTA, we wouldn't even be talking about how much money the Canadians were going to be repaid.

And you guys would be complaining even louder.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Juan get the book American Theocrasy it's a page turning barn burning can't put down thing, puts the war thing in economic and religious perspective. Makes sence of nonsence.

PS: scarier than Stephen (candy ass) King

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My wife is reading that book now.

I'll get it when she is through.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Toro wrote:
Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Thank heavens for NAFTA, as this dispute has gone on since 1981 and wouldn't have ended without it. Withouth NAFTA, we wouldn't even be talking about how much money the Canadians were going to be repaid.

And you guys would be complaining even louder.

Are you saying we shouldn't complain? I must have missed something. How exactly has it ended. I believe the "end" is just after the money has been returned.

Toro

Senate Member
#juan said:
Are you saying we shouldn't complain?

Nope, America is totally in the wrong and Canada is totally in the right.

#juan said:
I must have missed something. How exactly has it ended. I believe the "end" is just after the money has been returned.

"Nearing an end" is a better term.

Hopefully.

The history of the US lumber industry is to continuously come back at foreign competition with different accusations. Same with the steel industry. And the sugar industry.

Canada was the same way with beer for decades. And I imagine Canada will be when world trade bodies rule against Canadian marketing boards.