Favourite Peoples Revolutionary Leader Military or Otherwise

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Id thought start a feel good thread for a change
i have many favorites but one in particular stands out for me try and name just one-ok

VO NYUGEN GIAP-- is mine

<sneak edit to remove all-caps, as Five Must Be Appeased>

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
RE: FAVORITE PEOPLES REVOLUTIONARY LEADER- MILITARY OR OTHER

George Washington.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
RE: FAVORITE PEOPLES REVOLUTIONARY LEADER- MILITARY OR OTHER

Giap. One thing I liked was that he didn't move on to fulfill personal political aspirations.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: FAVORITE PEOPLES REVOLUTIONARY LEADER- MILITARY OR O

PoisonPete2 said:
Giap. One thing I liked was that he didn't move on to fulfill personal political aspirations.

You must have missed the Tet Offensive, where NVA and Viet Cong troops arrived in captured southern towns and cities with lists of people to be immediately executed. In Hue, a city north of DaNang that the Viet Cong held for some time before it was recaptured, 5000 were executed.

I admit, Giap was a bright guy. A history teacher, you know.

I always had some admiration for the classic sixties lefty hero, Ernesto (Che) Guevara.

Although Thomas Jefferson would be my top pick.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: Favourite Peoples Revolutionary Leader Military or Other

Jim Jones

certainly got his people to follow him, albeit with a bit of urging. :wink: :roll:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
RE: Favourite Peoples Revolutionary Leader Military or Other

Oliver Cromwell.

He got rid of the (totalitarian) monarchy 130 years before the French got rid of theirs, which was replaced, in 1660, by the democratic Constitutional Monarchy that we have today after a period of 10 years or so in which Cromwell ruled England as a Protectorate.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006

he isnt it che geuvara

che guerra means JOE WAR doesnt it

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: FAVORITE PEOPLES REVOLUTIONARY LEADER- MILITARY OR O

Colpy said:
PoisonPete2 said:

You must have missed the Tet Offensive, where NVA and Viet Cong troops arrived in captured southern towns and cities with lists of people to be immediately executed. In Hue, a city north of DaNang that the Viet Cong held for some time before it was recaptured, 5000 were executed.

RESPONSE: or Mai Lai where American troops slaughtered civilian women and children under orders. There were many other similar instances. Or how about following the liberation of Vichy France when collaborators were dragged into the streets and stompted to death.

Colpy said:
PoisonPete2 said:
Although Thomas Jefferson would be my top pick.

RESPONSE: Jeffererson managed his raping among his female slaves, and then didn' t acknowledge his paternity when the offspring were issued. Now there is a noble man. Wrote were too. about the equality of man and all that stuff.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Favourite Peoples Rev

Gotta be Gandi....he understood that it was a total hypocritical fallicy to suggest that ALL of Britain was rich and that ALL of his nation was poor.

I wouldnt put George Washington in the list...

...because?...well, I just dont like the lying traitor lol

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Favourite Peoples Rev

Daz_Hockey said:
...because?...well, I just dont like the lying traitor lol

Why is that...was is the disgrace or the humiliation he put you guys through? :lol:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Favourite Peoples Rev

nah...just the lies, we've been through this before, I blame the french, Spanish, Belgiuns and italians for that little humiliation.

and as I stated before, Gandi is a better example because he realised that we are not all rich here, that we indeed paid MORE taxes than any American (who, in the end the war taxes were paying for...ungrateful traitors), in fact I bet if you checked the figures, almost no one in the american colonies were even reaching the povity rife in england then....and you have the nerve to go on about how rich we were becoming on your taxes...tell tht to the people in the slums of most of england.

no it was an upper class war between them, not the common people

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Gotta be Gandi....he understood that it was a total hypocritical fallicy to suggest that ALL of Britain was rich and that ALL of his nation was poor.

Are you a traitor?

I think anyone who tries to get independence for his country from the greatest nation that has ever existed on the face of this planet is......stupid.

In my opinion, Britain should rule every nation on the planet.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Re: Favourite Peoples Revolutionary Leader Military or Other

Blackleaf you crack me up. Please, can you imagine the accent the Newfoundlanders would have.