America versus Iran or North Korea extremely unlikely

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now with Afghanistan and Iraq, America is having a difficult time shutting down the insurgencies. If they believe they will try to attack Iran or North Korea, it will be lights out for America.

Why,

First with 140,000 troops in Iraq and 20,000 roughly in Afghanistan they are stretched thin, but wait there is more,

Iran has the third largest army in the world, roughly 1.7 million soldiers and with oil contracts in China and Russia that they don't want going to America they have armies of 2.2 million for China and 1.2 million for Russia while America only has 1.4 million soldiers and 160,000 of them are over seas in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Also North Korea if America attacks has 1 million soldiers.

Pretty difficult would think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops

Oh side note, Canada is ranked 66 or 67 but I don't know if that includes reserves or not?

The Gunslinger

Electoral Member
May 12, 2005
Wetaskiwin, AB
I would think that if America invaded Iran, it might play out like Gulf War 1. Go in, kick some some ass, and then leave.

With North Korea, once they throw out Kim Jong Il, they might try and press South Korea and Japan to have a big role in the occupation.

But Iraq, the occupation of Iraq was a clusterf*ck right from day one. America learned her lesson.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
But unlike Iraq, the majority of the population in Iran is Persian, not going to give a number. Second they are a much larger country than Iraq. And thirdly they have a well disciplined military and with a population between 50-100 million people and with French and Russian rockets they can take out American ground forces and American planes if America only goes for a ground invasion. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them stem roll into Iraq, supported by the Shite government in Iraq who has said they will support Iran in any attack.

The Gunslinger

Electoral Member
May 12, 2005
Wetaskiwin, AB
I have doubts about the capacity of the Iranian army. I mean, little old Iraq fought them to a standstill, and Iraq was annihilated by the United States in Gulf War 1, so I assume that Iran would suffer much the same fate.

However. If America fought with Iran, I'd be more worried places like Egypt, and Saudi Arabia getting very hostile to the United States. Woe be to Israel in that situation.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Saddam was being supported by all the Middle Eastern nations, and the West mostly America. If we go by Mogz account 1982. And since Iran almost took Baghdad and was in control of Southern Iraq for long periods of time I don't think they did too badly.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Here's a nice little graph for you Jersay compiled to show WHO supported Saddam.

http://www.command-post.org/archives/002978.html

shortmanx5

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2006
Jersay "First with 140,000 troops in Iraq and 20,000 roughly in Afghanistan they are stretched thin."
Thats a rumor 160,000 out of 1.4 mil isnt alot. And I doubt china and russia would get involved , that would more or less be a death wish for those countries. if they went to war with the us then nato would have to jump in. And unless the fight is in china , china wont be much help since they have no way of moving troops

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
all this talk about these exciting scenarios.......
i wonder if any of you would actually sign up to participate in the carnage party.....sounds like it would lots of fun

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
oh quick double post yippie sign me up sign me up------oh wait i forgot -- cannon fodder is what beta males are for....

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Re: RE: America versus Iran or North Korea extremely unlikel

The Gunslinger said:
I have doubts about the capacity of the Iranian army. I mean, little old Iraq fought them to a standstill, and Iraq was annihilated by the United States in Gulf War 1, so I assume that Iran would suffer much the same fate.

However. If America fought with Iran, I'd be more worried places like Egypt, and Saudi Arabia getting very hostile to the United States. Woe be to Israel in that situation.

An attack on Iran, a country that has good relations with the rest of the Muslim world, would create hostilities between the US and its current Muslim allies in the middle east. And as of now, the US doesnt need to loose anymore good friends then it already has with the Iraq war.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Despite the snickering over the defunct USSR label,
Russia still hasn't forgiven Iraq all of Saddam's debts
to nuclear and oil infrastructure contracts.

With France, Germany and Russia hoping for their
own Saudi Arabia, those contracts dwarf the entire
American history of business with Iraq.

Meanwhile the 20 year olds in their country naively
protested for Saddam while Big business in their own
countries quite liked the cover they provided.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

cortez said:
oh quick double post yippie sign me up sign me up------oh wait i forgot -- cannon fodder is what beta males are for....
I caint wayit ta kill sumpin wiff ma bigg rafu.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

darkbeaver said:
cortez said:

You don't mean that. It's the dark Beaver talking right? FIght the power!

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006

Said1 said:
darkbeaver said:
cortez said:

You don't mean that. It's the dark Beaver talking right? FIght the power!

tres confusez ---
yea yo fight the power--
like jimi -- i wave my freak flag hi---

what is a rafu......

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: America versus Iran o

The US is already setting up to invade in June. If you are worried about world war III breaking out, you should be, cause that is what the outcome is going to be. China and Russia aren't going to sit idle while the US hords the worlds oil. These countries need this oil to maintain and grow their current position in the world. If you live in the States and don't think you have enough soldiers, well neither did your government. That's why a couple years ago they did a major revamp of the selected services, and rewrote the draft legislation so that both women and men between the ages of 18-35 can be drafted.

Those who think that China couldn't invade North America are also very dellusional. They have been upgrading their army, navy, and their airforce in the fastest buildup in history. Container ships could be converted into giant floating barracks that can float up most of your rivers, as they do now. All they'd need is a few battleships to protect those ships, which are very hard to sink. Once they hold a port, they could pour hundreds of thousands of soldier into the US.China also has nukes that can reach the US, so a nuclear strike would be MAD. If you're between 18-35, you will be drafted. Dissenters or those who try to dodge the draft are going to be rounded up and put in containment camps, which they built last year. We're heading for all out war, and most of the signs are the exact same as they have been throughout the history of wars, and considering we have the president of the US, and the Iranian dictator talking about being sent by god both believing such a war will bring their messiahs, I don't even think it's even a question of if anymore, but when and how bad will it be.