Bolton: World Must Act

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
WASHINGTON - The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations on Sunday told an influential pro- Israel lobbying group there is an urgent need to confront Iran's "clear and unrelenting drive" for a nuclear weapons program.

ADVERTISEMENT

John Bolton, speaking before a crowd of 4,500 gathered for an American Israel Public Affairs Committee conference, said that a failure by the U.N. Security Council to address Iran would "do lasting damage to the credibility of the council."

"The longer we wait to confront the threat Iran poses, the harder and more intractable it will become to solve," Bolton said.

At issue is Iran's ability to enrich uranium to the point it could be used for a nuclear weapon. Iran insists its nuclear program is peaceful and only meant to generate power. Many in the West, however, fear Iran is aiming to develop atomic weapons.

The International Atomic Energy Agency will meet in Vienna, Austria, on Monday to discuss Iran's nuclear program and its compliance with an IAEA demand that it renounce uranium enrichment. The U.N. agency's board of governors may at that time send the file to the Security Council for further action.

Iranian officials were in Moscow last week, negotiating an offer by Russia to enrich uranium for Iran to be used for energy. The spent fuel would be returned to Russia, easing fears that Iran could use it for weapons.

Bolton said the Russian proposal lets Iran "reap the benefits of civil nuclear power while addressing concerns that they are really pursuing nuclear weapons."

But he said Iran has been engaging in "doublespeak" during these negotiations by saying with one voice it welcomes discussion, but with the other "flatly refusing" to give up access to technology and material to eventually develop nuclear weapons.

Iran "must be made aware that if it continues down the path of international isolation, there will be tangible and painful consequences," Bolton said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060306...dOyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

So he means, if the U.N doesn't follow the way of the U.S, then it will become obsolete.

And since he was undemocratically appointed to this positions he is just a wind bag.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Bolton: World Must Ac

He,s not just a plain windbag he,s an evil windbag, he,s beating Uncle Sam,s war drum, the bet is in certain circles that the US or Isreal will bomb Iran before the end of the month. I ran is not in violation of any sanctions.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
"clear and unrelenting drive"

Yeah, at least the windbag and the other cronies are not trying to falsify evidence this time around. Because it deosn't appear they have any evidence to falsify this time.

With their troops thin I wonder whats going to transpire.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
It is not surprising that the windbag made these comments to a very radical pro-israel group.

So when they do attack Iran, they will probably have the support of Israel and that alone because Britain weouldn't get involved.

And maybe they might have Canada with mini-bush Harper.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
I sure don't get it.
Between the USA and Russia,97% of the world's nuclear weaponry can be counted.
Israel certainly has nuclear weapons...yet refused to join the nuclear non-proliferation group...and hence is unaccountable to the United Nations Nuclear Agency.
Iran HAS membership in that agency,and George Bush yet again decided to ignore the United Nations(remember Iraq?),and act as world chairman of all things nuclear.
Again,and again,I am reminded of wacko North Korea..certainly with nuclear capability,certainly with a very unstable leader..yet not an American squeak.
Just what is the ultimate agenda of Bush?Yet another pre-emptive invasion?? To what end?? Has the man learned nothing from Iraq?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Agreed.

Well Iran is tied up in oil deals with Russia, China and India. America, is a small percentage. He probably wants a western friendl government in there.

However unlike Iraq, the majority is Persian, and they range around 70 to 100 million people within their country.

American double standards.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The media have been all over the topic since February....

Don't know what makes the news up there but it is constant....

Bolton is rattling the sabre he was given when he was appointed to the U.N. He is doing his job and bringing some cojones to the table instead of bending over for protocol.

Like him? I like his honesty.

U.N. is and will be ineffective until completely overhauled down to about 20% of its current capacity of moochers.

Sorry - but that's why I like Bolton. He is doing exactly what he was asked to do. Very few suck ups in Washington have the guts.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Somehow the left has convinced itself that in order to be appointed to the UN, you have to be in love with it too....It's to bad we couldn't convince them of the same thing when they get jobs at Wallmart.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
When the guy is undemocratically selected to his position. He is a wind bag.

When he talks to a radical pro-israel group about issues like Iran saying they will get their's 'war talk' basically. He is a nutball screwed up windbag.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No he's not.

Maybe instead of talking about this, Bolton and crew should (without warning) bomb Iran.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
No he's not.

Maybe instead of talking about this, Bolton and crew should (without warning) bomb Iran

Oh that is real good. Do an illegal war which they already did against Iraq.

Go against the United Nations, like they already have.

One thing, no one will support them this time not even Britain, and with Russia, India and Chinese oil interests at stake i wouldn't be surprised to see them defend Iran.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think you know what I mean....

I mean you and the rest of the Iranian support group should be thankful there is discussion about it. It could be very different.....

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
You think I support Iran. That is a good one.

Right now the Iranian government is killing hundreds if not thousands of Ahwazi Arabs in Kureshstan province but the West and the whole world is busy with something like nuclear weapons. If they spent their time caring about people, which they don't, then I would fully support an attack on Iran.

But they are talking about crap like nuclear weapons, and such where they allow Israel, Pakistan and India to have weapons, two that have gone to war over 4 times with each other.

DOuble standards.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It would only be a double standard if the other two countries kept declaring they were going to wipe each other off the map.

Does Isreal declare iran should be wiped off the map?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Iran doesn't even have the brains to do that, so clearly we can't have them with nukes. They should never have signed the NPA if they didn't want this to be an issue...but they wanted a free start to their madness.

If the people of Iran were smart they would start an insurrection and the USA would support them.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Bolton: World Must Ac

Actually when and if America attacks Iran, and I think they must, it will be for oil, no one but America must be allowed to use or control that oil, I do not believe that China will be permitted the access they require to fuel thier economy. The American military bases in the area speak to the empires design, they can never leave the region, they cannot allow the people of the region to decide thier own future. I look for another staged terrorist attack somewhere that will provide American public support to allow the attack on Iran to occur, I would not be surprised if it were nuclear this time, that,s what all the talks been about.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jersay said:
Like the Shites and Kurds did in 1991 and look what happened to them.

They are still trying to find all the bodies.

War is ugly, that's for sure.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
War is ugly, that's for sure.

Have to agree with you there.

But with some nations, they will support you until they support the other side and you get slaughter. I think that has happened alot over the years.

Not naming any names but

cough *America* cough.

Among others.