Christians Riot in Israel

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
NAZARETH, Israel - A distraught Israeli couple, joined by another woman, entered one of Christianity's holiest sites Friday and set off explosions, police said, sparking a large riot in this biblical town in northern Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT

At least eight people, including five police, were injured in the melee, which appeared to be under control by late Friday.

The assailants, who were not believed to be linked to any Jewish nationalist group, were disguised as Christian pilgrims when they entered the Basilica of the Annunciation, police said.

They remained barricaded inside the building for several hours before police broke through a crowd of several thousand angry protesters and took the three away.

A witness who identified herself only by her first name, Rouan, said the church was crowded with worshippers praying for the coming Easter holiday at the time of the blast, which apparently did not cause any major damage.

Police officials said the Jerusalem couple had been treated for psychiatric problems in the past and authorities had questioned them this week and threatened to place their children in foster care.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media. No information was available on the woman who was with them.

Israeli Public Security Minister Gideon Ezra said the attack did not appear to have nationalist motivations. He said the husband was Jewish and the wife was Christian. He also said he had been in touch with local Christian leaders to calm the tensions.

The church is at the site where Christians believe the Angel Gabriel appeared before the Virgin Mary and foretold the birth of Jesus.

Nazareth, the boyhood town of Jesus, is located in northern Israel. It is inhabited by Christian and Muslim Arabs and religious tensions have boiled over in the past, with the two sides in a dispute over attempts to build a mosque next to the church.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060303/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_church_attack

Now some people claim that people who don't appear to be white but Christian are backwards for some reason.

Here is an example of more Christian violence.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
Christians riot? Nice try. The report has nothing to do with Christians' rioting. Clearly you were so excited to find a news report and post it were you could fuel your own self interest of Christian bashing, you actually reported on a "A distraught Israeli couple, joined by another woman" who were "disguised as Christian pilgrims", "the husband was Jewish and the wife was Christian". One christian. Yep, its a riot!

Israeli Public Security Minister Gideon Ezra said he had been in touch with local Christian leaders to calm the tensions. Not that
christians were all tense and about to riot not even that Christians are rioting.

So your title "Christians Riot In Israel" is simply wrong. Nice try though. I know, your probably disapointed: for you there's nothing like a good christian bash.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Ashley, try to make your point without the personal attacks. It will be stronger for it, for an argument is only weakened by personal attacks, never strengthened.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Then who injured the police officers. I don't think they were all standing around the church when the fire crackers went off.

Christian church, therefore, Christian Rioters.

Some Jewish person isn't going to riot over an attack on a Christian Church nor is a Muslim person. And look at the demographics of the region, Northern Israel is made up of Muslims and Christians, and a strong Jewish minority, so who do you think did the rioting.

*Censored* :roll:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
And you I call it like I see it. If that goes against your pro intolerance, pro-gay bashing pro- whatever you want to have then tough beans. There is something in this country called Free Speech that the people who get after the Muslims and now it appears the Sikhs and other people as well like to say.

So I will use my Free Speech to say what I feel about the world.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
Israeli Couple Attacks Christian Shrine

Thats the title of the News Report at Yahoo New that you quoted. Hey, lets compare the Yahoo News Title and yours:

You: Christians Riot in Israel
Yahoo News: Israeli Couple Attacks Christian Shrine

BIg difference. You should write a book like the book "A Million Little Pieces". Your great at embellishing. Maybe we'll see you on Oprah on day!

Leave the reporting to the professionals.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
NAZARETH, Israel - A distraught Israeli couple, joined by another woman, entered one of Christianity's holiest sites Friday and set off explosions, police said, sparking a large riot in this biblical town in northern Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT

At least eight people, including five police, were injured in the melee, which appeared to be under control by late Friday.

The assailants, who were not believed to be linked to any Jewish nationalist group, were disguised as Christian pilgrims when they entered the Basilica of the Annunciation, police said.

They remained barricaded inside the building for several hours before police broke through a crowd of several thousand angry protesters and took the three away.

A witness who identified herself only by her first name, Rouan, said the church was crowded with worshippers praying for the coming Easter holiday at the time of the blast, which apparently did not cause any major damage.

Police officials said the Jerusalem couple had been treated for psychiatric problems in the past and authorities had questioned them this week and threatened to place their children in foster care.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media. No information was available on the woman who was with them.

Israeli Public Security Minister Gideon Ezra said the attack did not appear to have nationalist motivations. He said the husband was Jewish and the wife was Christian. He also said he had been in touch with local Christian leaders to calm the tensions.

The church is at the site where Christians believe the Angel Gabriel appeared before the Virgin Mary and foretold the birth of Jesus.

Nazareth, the boyhood town of Jesus, is in northern Israel. It is inhabited by Christian and Muslim Arabs and religious tensions have boiled over in the past, with the two sides in a dispute over attempts to build a mosque next to the church.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/israel_c...ffRP_Ks0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Christian, Muslim, who do you think would do the violence?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

ADVERTISEMENT

I think what I put in bold says, Riot. Riot.

So the Christians rioted.

One more personal attack and I will report you understand. I am using my patience with personal attacks from you.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
Your embellishment is a fact based upon the title you wrote.

You are, again, saying Christians have rioted.

The report, by fact, says nothing about who is rioting. Its says:

A distraught Israeli couple, joined by another woman set off explotions. Those explotions "sparked" a large riot.

The Yahoo News report states:

"Nazareth, the boyhood town of Jesus, is in northern Israel. It is inhabited by Christian and Muslim Arabs and religious tensions have boiled over in the past, with the two sides in a dispute over attempts to build a mosque next to the church."

You may want to read that paragraph several times. It says nothing as to who started or is involved in the riot "sparked" by the explosions set off by the distraught Israeli couple and another woman.

Your embellishing facts not in the Yahoo News Report. Your title: Christians Riot in Israel

You didn't copy the title of Yahoo News Report as you should have, you changed it, reporting its christian doing the rioting.

Embellishment.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
No need to report it, Jersay, thanks. Ashley, you ignored my first warning. I suggest that you not ignore this one. PM me if you have any questions about this. Otherwise, please refrain from the personal attacks.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
And I will say again, in a Muslim- Christina northern Israel community, when a Christian shrine is attacked who do you think would do the rioting. It isn't going to be the Jewish people that is for sure.

And who do you think kept those three in the church until police arrived, sure not going to be Jewish people.

So in conclusion Christian rioters. And probably, I will admit that, supported by Muslim people as well.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
Review the thread carefully:

If stating "leave the reporting to the professionals" is bashing, then Jersay stating I'm "pro intolerance, pro-gay" is ok?

Jersay can state I'm a pro intolerant, pro-gay (Jersay's opinion). Let me guess, that's not bashing? But stating "leave the reporting to the professionals" (my opinion) is.

The facts of this thread are clear: the title written by Jersay is simply wrong, its embellishment.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
"who do you think would do the rioting"

Exactly - who do you think. That's not the impression your title states. You state clearly its christians. Your assuming. The title you chose doesn't not assume, you state:

Christians Riot in Israel

Its misleading. You can assume all you want, you can "think" all you like, but to state by fact "Christians Riot in Israel" when you have no evidence, no report that verifies it, its embellishment, and its wrong.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Prove to me that you are not.

What you said about gay men was intolerant.

Now it is not an embellishment when it is fact.

Christian-Muslim town or city whatever you call it. Christian shrine attacked, therefore, riot ensues therefore the Christians rioted. It is not embellishment of the title.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Christians Riot in Israel

ashley_rb said:
Review the thread carefully:

If stating "leave the reporting to the professionals" is bashing, then Jersay stating I'm "pro intolerance, pro-gay" is ok?

Jersay can state I'm a pro intolerant, pro-gay (Jersay's opinion). Let me guess, that's not bashing? But stating "leave the reporting to the professionals" (my opinion) is.

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. I asked you to PM me about this! Let's not clutter up the thread with arguments about whether I'm right or not. Think of me as all knowing :D and always right. :D

Look, how many posts do you have . . . just a few. We need to get to know you. Will you allow us a glimpse into the non-angry side of you? Come over to one of our non-political threads, say hi-how-are-you and maybe, if you're feeling benevolent, even post a joke. I love a good joke or cartoon. There's even an Irish joke thread sponsored by yours truly. :D

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Actually Nazereth has very very few Christians today
despite it's Biblical prominence.

So unless the article states Christians rioted, it is
up to the reader to research more, and so Ashley_b
is right to question Jersay's presumption.

But I'll let the great and wonderful Haggis handle this.
Take her lead Ashley_b and Jersay, please don't take offense
so easily.

This is the international Grouch talking, who
felt the need to apologize to the great and wonderful
Caracal Kid.

These days a lot of western papers are too fearful
to name who is rioting, as was the case in the French
rioting.

In fact there just aren't too many Christians left
in Nazereth or Bethlehem.

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
Angry? Why is a strong opinionated Canadian woman always judged as angry. SInce "assuming" is so glady accepted on the forum, I'll "assume" your a guy. Thank you for not including the usual male generated question, PMS?

So you want to get to know me? Ok, but first, I won't dictate to you as how you should think of me. I'll respect your own opinoin and judgement. I don't need to state:

"Think of me as all knowing and always right". I'll let you form and enjoy your own opinion.

"Assuming" your a guy, thank you for dictating to me as how I should think, but its ok, women can think for themselves, really! Women really can think for themselves. We all don't ride in the back seat of the car.

Jimmoyer is right. According to the Canadian Christian Foundation there are very few christians in Nazereth or Bethlehem.

We simply don't know who started the riots. "Assuming" it was christians or muslims or anyone else without the facts is wrong.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
ashley_rb

It is possible to disagree with someone without all the anger. Why don't you try it........#juan....moderator