London "suicide bomb" thug apologises.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
'Bomb' nut: I'm sorry

By PAUL THOMPSON

and SUN ONLINE REPORTER

A MUSLIM protester who dressed as a suicide bomber today apologised 'wholeheartedly' to the families of the July 7 bomb victims.

Omar Khayam, 22, claimed it was not his intention to cause offence.

But he said his protest was still valid because of the hurt caused to Muslims across the world following the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman today said the Government would support the police if they decided to take action against any protesters over scenes outside the Danish Embassy in London on Friday and Saturday.

And Scotland Yard has set up a special squad to investigate if any offence has been committed.

Khayam said: "I found the pictures deeply offensive as a Muslim and I felt the Danish newspaper had been provocative and controversial, deeply offensive and insensitive.

"Just because we have the right of free speech and a free media, it does not mean we may say and do as we please and not take into account the effect it will have on others.

"But by me dressing the way I did, I did just that, exactly the same as the Danish newspaper, if not worse.

"My method of protest has offended many people, especially the families of the victims of the July bombings.

"This was not my intention.

"What happened in July was a tragedy and un-Islamic.

"I do not condone these murderous acts, do not support terrorism or extremism and would like to apologise unreservedly and wholeheartedly to the families of the victims.

"I understand it was wrong, unjustified and insensitive of me to protest in this way."

Asked if he would carry out a similar protest again, he replied: "No, I would not do it again, it has caused offence to a lot of people.

"I did not want to provoke any violence, it was just to make a point."

Khayam last night came forward to admit he was the "fake terrorist" pictured with a band of twisted extremists in London.

And he vowed yesterday: "I would be prepared to wear that jacket again."

The call for police to arrest him and other chanting yobs at the demo came from all quarters.

Inayat Bunglawala, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: "It is time the police acted."

Khayam, a building student from Bedford, told the Sun last night: "I’ve done nothing wrong."

Amazingly, he added: "I wasn’t trying to appear like a terrorist at all.

"Yes I was on the protest but I didn’t even carry any placards or shout any slogans.

"I can’t believe all the attention that I’ve received as I didn’t consider it such a big thing.

"I admit that it may have appeared in a bit of a military style and a bit provocative but that’s not illegal in this country."

Khayam was even condemned by one of the organisers of the demos, the Hizb ut-Tahrir group.

Taji Mustafa said: "The image of a man dressed as a suicide bomber is not one we support."

Asgaqr Bukhari, chairman of the Muslim Public Affairs Committee, said: "All the placards and chants were disgraceful."

thesun.co.uk

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
I always get a kick when some action taken in the name of a religion is somehow dismissed away as not a 'true' reflection of the religion.

Where is this mythical 'true' representation of a religion? Where is this 'real' Muslim? Is he a type specimen kept in a museum?

'This isn't 'real' Islam.' Everything can be excused away by clinging to this fiction. The Koran teaches hatred against homosexuals and presents women as inferior.

Christianity is just as hate filled. It teaches that many will suffer eternal damnation in hell... the ultimate hate philosophy

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
athabaska, I would argue that such hate-provocative texts are the reason that most modern followers of religion, including both Islamic and Christian Canadians, choose to "interpret" the Bible and the Qur'an under a more modern and moderate light; neither text is considered to be literal in modern days, in moderate institutions.

By way of example, the Mosque just a few blocks from my house recently overturned previous Muslim rulings that women should not be permitted to pray alongside their husbands and male children; the Mosque determined that doing so was un-Islamic and un-Canadian and, therefore, women may now choose to either pray in private as had been done before, or to pray in the public prayer gallery with everyone else.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
'un Islamic' as opposed to the other 80% of Muslims who think it is 'Islamic'. :?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
athabaska, I don't think the number is anywhere close to that — not in Canada, at least. It took centuries for Christianity to become more moderate; it stands to reason that such is the case with Islam as well.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
??? hatred against homosexuals, sanctioned beating of women and so on are 'ok' because Muslims should be seen as children who don't know better? You are very patronizing and culturally racist. Your excuse to condone abuse of humans is appaling.

Has your religion filled you with this hatred?