North Korea turns 60...

Huck

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2006
The Universe
Re: North Corea turns 60...

It's interresting to see that despite the apparent victory of capitalism, communism is still well alive and doing farely well for itself (think china).

I wonder if we are eventually going to see a new spread of communism due to the new apparent sucess it may have (in its neo semi-capitalist chinese adaptation) and the influence of china and n. korea. (like the soviets did)

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

It's interresting to see that despite the apparent victory of capitalism, communism is still well alive and doing farely well for itself (think china).

I wonder if we are eventually going to see a new spread of communism due to the new apparent sucess it may have (in its neo semi-capitalist chinese adaptation) and the influence of china and n. korea. (like the soviets did)

Could be, could be.

thulin

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006

Huck said:

Actually, I am not at all worried about the Chinese - them folks seems to do just FINE in a capitalist system (my experience tells me they start business and work there ass off?)
When North Corea falls South Corea will suddenly bee in need for the worlds biggest kinder garden... Thats sad - but not dangerous.

I think the danger lies in the european welfaresystem, built up by great loans between generations - I for instance don´t want to pay for the huge swedish party 1960-1990, since there will be no more party 2010-2040... I see the reaction already, 20% of all swedish women age 20-40 votes commie... Now THAT´S scary!

thulin

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
jimmoyer
Do you think North Korea oppses an actual threat to the world - or at least to the neighbors - South Corea, China, Russia or Japan?

North Korea might have some superficial friends, wanting to oppose world police US a little bit - but only as far as they keep their nose clean - and keep quiet.

Invading China is not likely, neither is Russia even though they could certainly make alot of damage. Japan? Would´nt think so, North Korea don´t have a amphibius strenght to do that. South Korea it is... The problem is that they tried that before and got slapped rather hard by UN (mostly US), won´t happen.

North Korea opposes no threat against others than their own citizens.

Communist Cuba will die with Castro, but North Korea might actually survive Kim Jong Il, the population of North Korea seems extremely suppressed, handled with as children.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
North Korea opposes no threat against others than their own citizens.
-------------------------------Thulin--------------------

It amazes me that these insulated dictatorships are
assumed to pose no threat to stability in the world,
or in their area.

Failed State Theory says that problems fester
and eventually there is a fallout in more ways than one.

The chief export of North Korea is nuclear weapon
know-how to individuals and fellow states interested
in sponsoring terrorism.

Like I say, out of sight, out of mind.

I understand you very well, but I wonder if your
complacency is a solid gamble.

thulin

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
Re: RE: North Korea turns 60...

jimmoyer said:
The chief export of North Korea is nuclear weapon know-how to individuals and fellow states interested
in sponsoring terrorism.
A couple of years back I heard the same thing about biological and chemical weapons in another part of "the axis of evil" and to be honest - I think that one lacked good intel.

How about this one?

godsend

Jul 25, 2005
thulin said:
Sad, but impressive. Take a look at the celebration of Peoples Republic of Corea.

Sound on (cool music), and have some patience - server in Sweden

wow,,,
This is what communist propaganda is all about,,

It's really hard to understand what they were singing about but I manged to pick some main key lyric. Here we go,,,,,"Without Kim Jong IL there is no country" and "Our faith is upon Kim Jong IL".. Interesting,,,

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this all the militant dudes are all incredibly unfit and skinny except the fat ass high ranking officials....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
So how far do you think the N Korean troops would get into mainland BC before the Americans had to step in and stop them?