Bush and Blair will be sued for war crimes

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer said Thursday that the deposed Iraqi president wants U.S. President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair tried on allegations of committing war crimes.

Khalil al-Dulaimi said Saddam wants to sue both leaders, along with U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for allegedly authorizing the use of weapons such as depleted uranium artillery shells, white phosphorous, napalm and cluster bombs. "We will sue Bush, Blair and Rumsfeld in The Hague for using such weapons of mass destruction," said al-Dulaimi in a telephone interview from Jordan.

No complaint has been filed to the International Criminal Court in The Netherlands, but al-Dulaimi said Saddam's foreign defence team will present it "very soon."

"President Saddam intends to bring those criminals to justice for their mass killings of Iraqis in Baghdad, Ramadi, Fallujah and Qaim and abusing prisoners at Abu Ghraib," the lawyer added.

Saddam also wants all Iraqis who have had relatives killed or had property damaged to receive at least $500,000 US each, he said.

There have been several allegations that the United States used outlawed weapons, such as napalm, in the November, 2004 Fallujah offensive, but the Pentagon denied using it.

In November, the Pentagon acknowledged that U.S. troops used white phosphorous shells as a weapon against insurgent strongholds in the same Fallujah battle, adding that they are a standard weapon and not banned by any international weapons convention to which the U.S. is a signatory.

Use of white phosphorous is covered by Protocol III of the 1980 Convention on Conventional Weapons, which prohibits use of the substance as an incendiary weapon against civilian populations and in air attacks against military forces in civilian areas. The United States is not a signatory to the convention.

U.S. soldiers have also claimed they have fallen ill to exposure to depleted uranium artillery shells in Iraq, but the Pentagon has said metal does not cause ailments.

Depleted uranium is the hard, heavy metal created as a byproduct of enriching uranium for nuclear reactor fuel or weapons material.

Most studies have indicated that depleted uranium exposure will not harm soldiers. But a 2002 study by Britain's Royal Society said soldiers who ingest or inhale enough depleted uranium could suffer kidney damage. It cautioned that there were too many uncertainties in the study to draw reliable conclusions.

Saddam, his half brother Barzan Ibrahim and six other defendants are on trial in the 1982 killing of more than 140 Shiite Muslims after an attempt on Saddam's life in the northern town of Dujail. They could face death by hanging if convicted.

But the trial, which started Oct. 19, has been complicated by the killings of two defence lawyers, courtroom brawls and Tuesday's postponement amid the replacement of the tribunal's top two judges. The case is set to resume Sunday.
http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/News/WorldNewsArticle.htm?src=w012625A.xml

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
"Saddam also wants all Iraqis who have had relatives killed or had property damaged to receive at least $500,000 US each, he said. "

posturing at its finest! The old "if i kill them they had it coming, if you kill them you are a villain and must compensate".

It would be good to see GWB on the same list as OBL and SH though.....

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
If anybody had followed the World Court trial in The Hague of Slobodovan Milosovec, they would not have been surprised by any of Saddam Hussein's behavior,
who, by the way, watched that particular trial.

Brush up on that trial. You are all about to see
a rerun.

Now Saddam's trial has been going on for some time, but the
western world really hasn't caught up with it yet. Little
does the West know how closely all Iraqi citizens have followed
every nuance of it and little has the West watched any part of it.

Mistake.

While we deal with our various addictions to pontification we
ought to watch what THEY are watching and we ought to listen
what THEY are listening to.

But alas, such is the failings of we outsiders.

Looking in.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re: RE: Bush and Blair will be sued for war crimes

the caracal kid said:

:roll: ... its when people make such foolish points like this that their whole cause gets thrown out with the trash. If you cant tell the difference between Mr Bush and facist killers such as Hussein and terrorists such as OBL then you will never be taken seriously in this world.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I'm gonna stick up for Caracal Kid.

I don't care if he says something like that.

I've seen enough of his posts to know he's not the
average bear, and so your point on one of his posts must be kept in balance with other posts he's made.

By the way, we haven't devolved to some sports fans
who owe so much allegiance to one guy or one team.

I'm an American conservative quite unhappy
with the GOP congress and their pork barrel deficit
spending ways and I'm not keen on Bush's distinction
of the least Press conferences in American history
despite the idiocy of much of the press's questions.

I certainly don't hold Bush in the same idiot league
as Osama or Saddam, nor do I think Bush is dumb
despite his handicap at impromptu speaking, but we
would do well to notice how good he is at polarizing
our allies, despite what you think of our allies.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Yes, I am also a conservative and a two time Bush voter. I am unhappy about all the outsourcing, the illegal immigration problem, and the rising debt......however comparing Bush to swine such as Hussein is a little far fetched.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB

Blackleaf said:
So don't punish Saddam but punish Bush and Blair?

Hmmmmmm.

I hope when we find that Bin Laden fellow we fly his ass back to the USA and fry him on death row, Texas style!! :twisted:

....sry folks I had a few too many at the bar tonight :wink:

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
:laughing3:

Of course you can laugh, but your president isnt better than saddam hussein, isnt better than hitler himself, staline , actually they have something big in common, is the death innoncent people on their hand for no reason, just like bush family, the hussein sons was going to be the leader of their country, just like the hussein , staline and hitler, bush wear military uniform to show how strong leader they are, just like the hussein, you can see big picture of george w bush accross the country , written "" OUR LEADER"" with a tremendous face on the picture, that is exactly the dictators behaviors.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Lawsuit Should Be Respected

While I doubt that His Excellency the Honourable George Bush, the President of the United States, did indeed knowingly authorise the use of weapons of mass destruction (or of questionable use) in the effort against Iraq, we must recognize the right of others to think otherwise.

Even if we do not agree with the premise of this lawsuit, not even a President is immune to the law, and not even Mr. Hussein is restricted from launching cases thereon — Mr. Bush, et al, should face the charges and, if they are in fact not guilty, disprove them. There is no shame in being tried — the shame is in being convicted.

If the United States were to deem such charges to be illegitimate, then it would be, in my opinion, the culmination of hypocracy and arrogance. The law must be respected, and I have confidence that the United States will, by and large, concur with that assessment.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Hank C said:
Blackleaf said:
So don't punish Saddam but punish Bush and Blair?

Hmmmmmm.

I hope when we find that Bin Laden fellow we fly his ass back to the USA and fry him on death row, Texas style!! :twisted:

....sry folks I had a few too many at the bar tonight :wink:

He's better alive then a martyr. Give him the Saddam treatment, and have him in prison for life. This way he will fade away and been seen as a loser. He's caused more harm to the Islamic fundamentalist then good and by caputuring him and holding him he would be seen as just as big of a loser. If we were to kill him, sometimes a legand live's longer and better then the man. Che for instance will live forever because he was a Martyr. So I say show Laden for who he is. a Loser. Check his beard for lice. =-D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If a president of the U.S.

orders his bombers to bomb alleged targets in the major cities, of a country that has been no threat to the U.S., and that bombing caused the deaths of thousands of people, who is responsible? If that president orders his army to invade that country and continues the bombing, causing the deaths of many more thousands of innocent people, who is responsible? I say that president is guilty of cold blooded, premeditated murder. How can he not be? The problem of course, is getting him to trial.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

Hank C said:
the caracal kid said:

:roll: ... its when people make such foolish points like this that their whole cause gets thrown out with the trash. If you cant tell the difference between Mr Bush and facist killers such as Hussein and terrorists such as OBL then you will never be taken seriously in this world.

you are looking at this "list" from far to a literal comparative view. It is in the behaviours, attitudes, results, and responses to results we must look to see what each one is. We must evaluate each with respect to the environment within which each operates. Differences on the surface do not amount to much, and using such superficial differences as defense of one being different from the other undermines your own argument.

and thanks jim.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
He's better alive then a martyr. Give him the Saddam treatment, and have him in prison for life. This way he will fade away and been seen as a loser. He's caused more harm to the Islamic fundamentalist then good and by caputuring him and holding him he would be seen as just as big of a loser. If we were to kill him, sometimes a legand live's longer and better then the man. Che for instance will live forever because he was a Martyr. So I say show Laden for who he is. a Loser. Check his beard for lice. =-D

Keeping someone alive who as Finder is a loser is better than killing him, making other people feel that he is a maytr and follow in his footsteps.

[/quote]