shamus11

Electoral Member

What’s Next at the United Nations?

By

James Bredin

They shredded documents throughout two double o four,
Incriminating pieces of paper in every drawer,
Saddam’s oil-for-food scandal had to be kept quiet,
Or the UN itself could set off an awful riot.

Anything and everything connected was shut down,
Years of shredding evidence left little around,
The biggest boondoggle in the history of mankind,
Names and places and billions all intertwined.

And now they have another called Kyoto accord,
Where shenanigans in the background completely ignored,
Where Chretien and Martin are in it up to their necks,
Americans and Australians pulled out to object.

And Kofi’s job will be up for grabs later this year,
Corrupt unemployed adscam guys have no fear,
They survived four pages of scandals without a scratch,
That even the Auditor General could not catch.

Friday, January 20, 2006
http://conservativepoetry.blogstream.com/

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
This is a whole bunch of baloney.

There was a scandal. It is being dealt with. The sex-abuse scandal is being dealt with unlike the corruption in Canada and America.

Bunch of crap this article is.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:

There was a scandal. It is being dealt with. The sex-abuse scandal is being dealt with unlike the corruption in Canada and America.

Jersay.

The United nations is basically useless.

These are the reasons:

1. Countries of completely opposed world views sit on the Security Council, and some of them have a veto. Nothing gets done.

2. The UN gives everybody a vote.....and only about 25% of the worlds' nations are completely democratic, so the UN is run by despots. (witness the Human Rights Committee.....need I say more?)

The United Nations has managed to fulfill its basic mandate (to resist aggression by one country against another) exactly TWICE in its entire 60 year history, and BOTH those times it was being used as an extension of US foreign policy. The first time was in Korea in 1950, and the second time was in the First Gulf War of 1991.

The UN does some good things......but it is wasteful, despotic, and impotent. As a debating society....Okay.

For most other purposes.....forget it.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Colpy said:
Jersay said:

Jersay.

These are the reasons:

1. Countries of completely opposed world views sit on the Security Council, and some of them have a veto. Nothing gets done.

2. The UN gives everybody a vote.....and only about 25% of the worlds' nations are completely democratic, so the UN is run by despots. (witness the Human Rights Committee.....need I say more?)

The United Nations has managed to fulfill its basic mandate (to resist aggression by one country against another) exactly TWICE in its entire 60 year history, and BOTH those times it was being used as an extension of US foreign policy. The first time was in Korea in 1950, and the second time was in the First Gulf War of 1991.

The UN does some good things......but it is wasteful, despotic, and impotent. As a debating society....Okay.

i completely agree with the Un being irrelevant, its simply a tool for those aggressive powers to give themselves legitimacy.

Really dumb joke/poetry though

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Jersay.

These are the reasons:

That is because of the way it was created. In the structure that it was built from, it has done well.

There have been mistakes, yes, and it could have been used by Americans for its foreign policy, however, I think as a whole and its different sub-groups, UNICEF, Hunger, Disaster Relief, Peacekeeping (60 + missions) and other groups it does okay.

Needs changes for sure, but it is not useless.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
To presume the United Nations is useless is to presume
that it SHOULD have the power over all nations, and that's
exactly what no nation will completely capitulate to.

Those times when the UN can act and actually do
something requires consensus.

And it does require that some nations are "more equal"
than others as all nations are in various stages
of development and intelligence.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Re: RE: What's going on at the United Nations?

jimmoyer said:
To presume the United Nations is useless is to presume
that it SHOULD have the power over all nations, and that's
exactly what no nation will completely capitulate to.

Those times when the UN can act and actually do
something requires consensus.

And it does require that some nations are "more equal"
than others as all nations are in various stages
of development and intelligence.

i dont noe about intelligence, most of the countries that are abusing the UN seem to be using their more primal primitive instincts instead of higher rational.

But you got it rite about thepower necessary fot eh UN, thats exactly the problem, all it does is give legitimacy to the aggression of western imperialistic nations, name US but others too. It has shown practically no effectiveness in pursuing the dmeocratic ideals it upholds failry, only if teh US wants to. Its incompetence, mismanagement and greed have made most fo its aids programs useless and futile, bringing food when its no longer needed or providing food to a country which cannot provide food for its citizens because of UN administered sanctions.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
There are times when the UN should be INEFFECTIVE.

We need the laboratory of ideas in separate nations
to create new ideas not bound by a mono-world
government.

The worst thing for the evolution of humanity is
to have a one-world mindthink, so oppressive that it has
the hubris to stamp out any politically-incorrect thinking.

Conflict and Resolution, THESIS and ANTI-THESIS
to form a more perfect SYNTHESIS becoming the new THESIS
which inevitably spawns a rebel ANTI-THESIS is ever the continuing
cycle.

When a critical mass develops in unison with the Security
Council is the time when effectiveness matters and
when it is desirable.

Often fairness requires you to treat different
people differently because of their needs and ability.

One size fits all should not be the United Nations motto,
nor should we dissolve the separateness of nations
to deprive us of different areas incubating new ideas
or maintaining ideas that are good.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
indeed there are ironies to the UN.

The greatest weapons dealers all hold security council vetos, for instance.

It is a system of debate and discussion, and that is what it is good for. It is better to be able to talk to nations than have them persuing independent interests in isolation. There is always benefit from keeping communication open.

The UN is not a government, and should not be. There are of course ethical questions that stem from granting privilages to countries that are "in violation" of UN positions but the objective is to bring these countries onside, and hope that giving some now results in greater gains later. If that happens or not is a gamble.

I don't think the UN is irrelevent. People should not expect it to be something it is not though.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California

the caracal kid said:
indeed there are ironies to the UN.

The greatest weapons dealers all hold security council vetos, for instance.

It is a system of debate and discussion, and that is what it is good for. It is better to be able to talk to nations than have them persuing independent interests in isolation. There is always benefit from keeping communication open.

The UN is not a government, and should not be. There are of course ethical questions that stem from granting privilages to countries that are "in violation" of UN positions but the objective is to bring these countries onside, and hope that giving some now results in greater gains later. If that happens or not is a gamble.

I don't think the UN is irrelevent. People should not expect it to be something it is not though.

Well said CKid

I liked especially your last sentence: People should not expect it to be something it is not though.

Perhaps someone should also tell the U.N. about this because the membership under its current misguidance seems to believe they are some kind of monolith of world government.

As always JimMoyer

Excellent take. How do we get through to the membership? I see very little from that group which would indicate they "need advice".

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
And to Colpy

Great lines! An expensive debating society I might add! Far too expensive for their impotence.

Many of the members have no idea how to comprehend the modus operandi of democracy, having never lived within one. I see the U.N. as a threat to the vibrant nations who keep our world from reverting to basic grab and run by violent means.

There are many examples, however I will list one only: Zimbabwe.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
The UN is the only international body we have,one in which nearly all countries of the world are represented.
Many UN agencies go about their work daily,quietly,trying to alleviate inadequate education,inadequate water supplies,inadequate food supplies.Without the UN, these services would not exist...no one country in the world would take the time or the money to oversee them.
Yes,there are problems...yes,politics play a heavy hand in decisions made at the UN.
However,all parties are represented there,the only international forum we have.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California

annabattler said:
The UN is the only international body we have,one in which nearly all countries of the world are represented.
Many UN agencies go about their work daily,quietly,trying to alleviate inadequate education,inadequate water supplies,inadequate food supplies.Without the UN, these services would not exist...no one country in the world would take the time or the money to oversee them.
Yes,there are problems...yes,politics play a heavy hand in decisions made at the UN.
However,all parties are represented there,the only international forum we have.

Annbattler

I agree the UN is all we have - but it is second or third rate and I think the global community deserves better than this gang of thieves. You discuss all the inadequacies of nations and that is their mission to alleviate these to level the playing field and eradicate poverty.

I ask you one question: How does that grandiose mission equate with the Oil for Food Scam the U.N. saw fit to perpetuate upon the Iraqi people?

Because it is the "only" international forum we have does not mandate we keep it as it is. It should be dismantled and another source of international aide should be formed...which does not
dabble in politics and sanctions against governments.

That political stuff should be the work of another group and for one I would suggest successful democratic countries only who are successfully maintaining their population as to the necessaries of life: food, housing, education, medical attention, global contribution, military negotiation if necessary, sharing, etc. etc. Those who have the ability to teach and show the poor nations how to support themselves.

The U.N. has done nothing put hand out bandaids, condoms and placating rhetorical jabber. None of which are being utilized.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I agree the UN is all we have - but it is second or third rate and I think the global community deserves better than this gang of thieves. You discuss all the inadequacies of nations and that is their mission to alleviate these to level the playing field and eradicate poverty.

I ask you one question: How does that grandiose mission equate with the Oil for Food Scam the U.N. saw fit to perpetuate upon the Iraqi people?

Because it is the "only" international forum we have does not mandate we keep it as it is. It should be dismantled and another source of international aide should be formed...which does not

That political stuff should be the work of another group and for one I would suggest successful democratic countries only who are successfully maintaining their population as to the necessaries of life: food, housing, education, medical attention, global contribution, military negotiation if necessary, sharing, etc. etc. Those who have the ability to teach and show the poor nations how to support themselves.

The U.N. has done nothing put hand out bandaids, condoms and placating rhetorical jabber. None of which are being utilized.

The oil-for-food scam is being looked into. There have been people arrested, and reports have come out about it. Every single country in the world has some form of corruption in it. To believe that the U.N could escape all that is unbelieveable.

That's what's NATO is for.

Dismantled great. And lets have America run our lives.

Tough luck, the U.N needs to be reformed yes. But it doesn't need to be dismantled.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Jersay

Your comment was way below your standards. Care to return and rethink?

You have way too personal investment in the U.N. being what it pretends to be. Look at it closely. Perhaps you need a few more years to see it for what it is.

I've been looking at it for long enough to be disgusted.

The concept of the U.N. was a stroke of genius. The utilization and organization has completely lost sight of the original intent.

NATO? huh? Care to think that one over as well?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:

The oil-for-food scam is being looked into. There have been people arrested, and reports have come out about it. Every single country in the world has some form of corruption in it. To believe that the U.N could escape all that is unbelieveable.

That's what's NATO is for.

Dismantled great. And lets have America run our lives.

Tough luck, the U.N needs to be reformed yes. But it doesn't need to be dismantled.

Okay....what about withdrawing the troops D'Allaire needed in Rwanda, thus enabling the Rwandan genocide?

What about setting up a "safe zone" for Muslims in Srebrenica, disarming Muslim militiamen that came there for refuge, then abandoning them to be massacred by the Serbs?

What about rape carried out by UN troops in refugee camps?

How about the anti-semitic orgy at the Durban Conference?

Oil for food is not a lttle corruption, it is probably the biggest rip-off in world history. 10 BILLION dollars. At least.

What about the USA kicked off the Human Rights Commission by the likes of China, the Sudan, and Cuba?

And it goes on and on.

I don't think the UN should be disbanded......the nations of the world need a place, and an excuse to talk. The UN provides both. But the idea they should have ANY authority is outrageous and stupid.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Okay....what about withdrawing the troops D'Allaire needed in Rwanda, thus enabling the Rwandan genocide?

What about setting up a "safe zone" for Muslims in Srebrenica, disarming Muslim militiamen that came there for refuge, then abandoning them to be massacred by the Serbs?

What about rape carried out by UN troops in refugee camps?

How about the anti-semitic orgy at the Durban Conference?

Oil for food is not a lttle corruption, it is probably the biggest rip-off in world history. 10 BILLION dollars. At least.

What about the USA kicked off the Human Rights Commission by the likes of China, the Sudan, and Cuba?

And it goes on and on.

I don't think the UN should be disbanded......the nations of the world need a place, and an excuse to talk. The UN provides both. But the idea they should have ANY authority is outrageous and stupid.

Those were tragedies that were around the U.N structure. I would love to say that they have been fixed because they haven't because the U.N is still controlled by a few who want the U.N to do what they want and if another genocide was to take place, Sudan, there would be politics involved and the U.N might not be able to do anything.

shamus11

Electoral Member
Please Believe in Kyoto

By

James Bredin

We’re all going to die because of what’s not in the sky,
We’re running out of oxygen and they why,
Ultra violet radiation will kill all the crops,
The sky is going to fall but we’ll be ready when it drops.

They figure we might be dead in about seven years,
But now we’re in Kyoto so we should have no fears,
The adscam Liberals, put us in it, up to our necks,
Majority in parliament push their pompous projects.

No need for coal electric generating stations,
All closed down by government declarations,
No need for cars or trucks or emissions from planes,
We’re going to be free at last and cast off our chains.

The adscam Liberals loved all these UN cults,
It didn’t matter to them, the outcome or results,
Despite the fact the Americans left long ago,
Plus the Australians didn’t join this oddball show.

Plus China and India had all been excused,
Like Saddam’s oil-for-food scam, they just refused,
It is hard to believe that we could be so naïve,
And corrupt adscam Liberals could make us believe.

Long range climate changes are to be expected,
But adscam Liberals thought about this and rejected,
They used their confidence and false faith as the cause,
Regardless of anything join Kyoto Accord.

The economy means nothing in this great affair,
Believe in the UN, the adscam Liberals and prayer,
So we have unemployment like the depression,
Just believe and have faith and show no aggression.

Monday, January 23, 2006