Bill Would Allow Arrests For No Reason In Public Place

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Citizens Would Also Have To Show ID

CLEVELAND, OHIO -- A bill on Gov. Bob Taft's desk right now is drawing a lot of criticism, NewsChannel5 reported.

One state representative said it resembles Gestapo-style tactics of government, and there could be changes coming on the streets of Ohio's small towns and big cities.

The Ohio Patriot Act has made it to the Taft's desk, and with the stroke of a pen, it would most likely become the toughest terrorism bill in the country. The lengthy piece of legislation would let police arrest people in public places who will not give their names, address and birth dates, even if they are not doing anything wrong. Story

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
jjw1965 said:
Citizens Would Also Have To Show ID

CLEVELAND, OHIO -- A bill on Gov. Bob Taft's desk right now is drawing a lot of criticism, NewsChannel5 reported.

One state representative said it resembles Gestapo-style tactics of government, and there could be changes coming on the streets of Ohio's small towns and big cities.

The Ohio Patriot Act has made it to the Taft's desk, and with the stroke of a pen, it would most likely become the toughest terrorism bill in the country. The lengthy piece of legislation would let police arrest people in public places who will not give their names, address and birth dates, even if they are not doing anything wrong. Story

yeah because we all know the terrorists next target will be.... in.... Ohio.... yeah.... Whats in Ohio again?

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Bill Would Allow Arre

Well, there's JJW and me, and a few other assorted posters (which reminds me, I haven't seen Wannabe in a while).... y'know, unless they want to take out the Rock Hall (all that infidel music, dont'cha know) or a bunch of defunct factories and some cows, there's not much actually in Ohio. Maybe some wineries (infidel alcohol) or the Amish?

JJW, you here in Greater Cleveland? We should do coffee sometime!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Bill Would Allow Arre

Summer said:
Well, there's JJW and me, and a few other assorted posters (which reminds me, I haven't seen Wannabe in a while).... y'know, unless they want to take out the Rock Hall (all that infidel music, dont'cha know) or a bunch of defunct factories and some cows, there's not much actually in Ohio. Maybe some wineries (infidel alcohol) or the Amish?

JJW, you here in Greater Cleveland? We should do coffee sometime!

I don't think Ohio is high on the list of anyone's target... I'm pretty sure the state is pretty much near the bottom of the list.

Funny how it's the republican politicians out side of NY, which are all nutty about protecting there back waters and not so much NY.

But really.... Whats the reason behind this? You gotta think it's something else.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Bill Would Allow Arre

Well, in Ohio you've got a lot of sheeple - 'scuse me, I mean people - who get their knickers all in a knot when the higher-ups tell them there's something to be scared of. And meanwhile there is a lot of right-wing protofascicm here, along with a lot of the authoritarian Dominionist type megachurches, who are mostly in bed snuggled up tight to the next crop of rightwingnutjob candidates for high positions and some who are already there, like Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, who is running for governor and has strong backing (phrased v-e-r-y carefully in an attempt to avoid the legal issues surrounding open sponsorship of political candidates by tax-exempt religious bodies, a no-no here in the U.S.) from these churches and the movement that they represent. Believe me, the Dominionists would like nothing better than to have powers already in place for local authorities to require "papers" from the citizenry because then it would be easy for them to just take that power for their own authorities should they ever succeed in putting their theocratic wet dream of a totalitarian "Christian" society into place. They might try to tell you different, but nobody actually believes them.

Sorry for the rant, but if you only knew....

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Re: RE: Bill Would Allow Arre

Finder said:
I don't think Ohio is high on the list of anyone's target... I'm pretty sure the state is pretty much near the bottom of the list.

Funny how it's the republican politicians out side of NY, which are all nutty about protecting there back waters and not so much NY.

But really.... Whats the reason behind this? You gotta think it's something else.

Exactly the point, So why be so tough on Ohio? Conditioning, get you use to a system. ( Police State).