The Great Wall of Canada LOL

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/9c323

snippet:

U.S. studying wall along Canadian border
Dec. 17, 2005. 07:46 PM

WASHINGTON (CP) — Canada has no interest in a new U.S. initiative to study building a security wall along the border, officials said Saturday.

And a cross-border business group said it makes no sense when what's urgently required are measures to speed the flow of trade.

The study "on the use of physical barriers" was slipped into an amendment to a bill on border security and illegal immigration passed Friday by the U.S. House of Representatives.

The amendment, sponsored by California Republican Duncan Hunter, also approved building security fences with lights and cameras along more than 1,000 kilometres of the U.S.-Mexico border in four states to keep out illegal aliens and drugs.

The move comes amid heightened bilateral tensions arising from Canada's election campaign. But U.S. sources said it was prompted by southern U.S. politicians anxious to assure constituents they're not penalizing one border over another.

Alex Swann, spokesman for Canada's Public Safety Minister Anne McLellan, said the U.S. administration has never discussed the notion with Canada during regular meetings on border security.

"This is not a priority for us," said Swann.

"There's all sorts of things we want to do. This just isn't one of them," Swann added.

He insisted such a barrier would be impractical.

It's entirely their right to suggest it...and ya know... it may not be a bad idea... they pay for it and we can keep a lid on the guns coming into the country. Plus, think of the boon this would have for all the tunnel diggers on both sides of the border :p

I wonder if they'd be upset if we dammed up the river flowing into Manitoba too... ya know.. to treat all that infected water they're sending our way before allowing it into our river system.

edit: i hate html tags

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
when i saw this story i laughed.

it would be a great make-work project. imagine if it was uncovered that illegal immigrants were being used to build it, if it were under constuction.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
RE: The Great Wall of Can

:lol: :lol: that thought crossed my mind... all these Mexicans migrating North to build their wall. This must make great press because it's one of the silliest ideas I've heard in a while... although considering the cost of StarWars it's a given they are happy to blow money like a drunken sailor

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Doesn't the US have anything better to do .......like maybe actually stop warring, catch this OBL chappie , rebuild what they destroy...........without spending precious time.......and money on this nonsense. Whoever is "running " things down south of us has some serious priority problems.......along with mental "unhealth" problems.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
:thumbright: :withstupid: :confused3: :confused4:

'magine....... the Americans wall themselves in............priceless!!!

:laughing7: :laughing8: :laughing9: :laughing5:

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
:lol: :lol: I wonder how long it'd be before they kicked all the non-americans out...... you know, to create a perfect society :lol: :lol: they could use Hollywood as their blu-print.
:wink:
beautiful people, with really white teeth that own lots of material goods.

'magine........

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

Maybe we could help them build a wall around their borders...then fill it with water.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
When they dry up, and come after ours, I wonder how they'll justify the water war to their people.
:roll:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
bhoour said:
When they dry up, and come after ours, I wonder how they'll justify the water war to their people.
:roll:

oh ....they will come up with some lie. They are the professional LIARS......... and train their spin doctors in the fine (NOT) art of spin /aka lies/ manipulation/ group/mass programming

Might be better to simply build a huge wall around the washington group of misfits. As long as they know they cannot leave either. No incoming.........but no outgoing either. ( this will make them change their "minds" ( I use the word loosely here) fast like.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: The Great Wall of Canada LOL

gopher said:
If we must have that wall, can it be put up AFTER we exile Bush and his conspiracy of dunces???

hey gopher.......where ya been?? nice to see ya again.

Nah........let's forget this wall business. Has never worked and who wants to revert back to the midaevil times ........when walls and draw bridges/ moats were the order of the day???

Isn't the idea to tear down the walls between various human groups and aim to a collective humanity??

It is amazing how backwards the US misfits are. such regression is a bad sign....

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)

What scares the hell out of me is that many simply won't realize that a wall can be used to keep people IN as well as keeping them out. Berlin, anyone?

Sorta makes me wish we still had my honey's late father's sailboat....

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Don't worry Summer if need be, we'll get you out.

Siagon anyone, hope they give more than 18 hrs to evacuate.

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
Whats the use of building a Great Wall when sooner or later the mongols bust it down and invade your country anyway? Man those mongols are the worst neighbors ever. They're even worst then that creppy old guy that spends his day oggling the young women that walk by.