Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piece of pap

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

Let us start out with the fact that the Constitution is actually written on parchment, not paper. A trivial point, I grant you, but one that reveals (along with your inability to correctly pronounce the word "nuclear") a shocking lack of education in a head of state.
But to get to the point, the Constitution is not the parchment itself, but the ideas written upon it; ideas which form the foundations of our nation, ideas which would carry equal weight if written on stone, glass, metal, or even paper. These ideas are the soul of the nation. They include the recognition that the people of this nation have certain rights, rights which the government does not have the authority to remove. These rights include freedom of speech, to say what we think about the nation at any and all times, to write that opinion down and share it however we choose to. These rights include the freedom to worship as we choose, free from coercion. These rights include the right to privacy, in our homes and businesses, free from government intrusions other than in very specific and well-defined circumstances.

Story

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piece of

jjw1965

Good post.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

#juan said:
jjw1965

Good post.

ditto !!

Can one believe that the prez would actually SAY something like that about a document on which a nation has been built???

Did he not swear to uphold the constution .blah blah blah.....when he placed his LYING hand on the bible on inaugeration day?????

And yet the americans remain passive , dismissive and "tolerant"

where is the outrage?? Has the bush regime got every one by their vocal chords???

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

On second thought........it should NOT be surprising that the bush regime would treat the constitution like Toilet paper....

The United States is a psychopath
XymphoraOne of the many benefits of the Bush Administration is that it demonstrates, over and over again, just how big a bunch of hypocrites Americans are. The United States has always been involved in attacking sovereign countries. Iraq is novel only in the fact that it was done out in the open, in blatant contravention of international law (rather than covert contravention of international law). Americans, in particular, the CIA and the Pentagon, have always been involved in t! orture. The School of the Americas is, amongst other things, a school for torture (and see also here and here). The only difference between the Bush Administration and other previous administrations, including those with Democrat Presidents, is that the Bush Administration is proud of what it is doing, and no longer attempts to hide it (plus we have photos).

being the psychopaths they are........hypocracy ,lying , destruction is par for the course......and an integral part of their nature. It has always been the "norm" but now it is something to brag about for them too . Just like a criminal........the more crimes they get away with the bolder they become...and the current regime is the "boldest" yet. and the most dangerous to the planet and peace thereof.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

http://tinyurl.com/bs6wx
GNN news site link to same story.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml
Rest of the story.

< The 2nd link is better>

It is obvious to some of us that Pres.Bush is just a cynic when it comes to human rights, love, religion, and the USA Constitution.
All are cornerstones of Republican politics, all are being "abused", and the idea of conspiracy of the Elites comes to the fore.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Karlin said:
http://tinyurl.com/bs6wx
GNN news site link to same story.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml
Rest of the story.

< The 2nd link is better>

It is obvious to some of us that Pres.Bush is just a cynic when it comes to human rights, love, religion, and the USA Constitution.
All are cornerstones of Republican politics, all are being "abused", and the idea of conspiracy of the Elites comes to the fore.

where is the outrage?? is it missing because the US population does not care that much about this "piece of paper" either?? They "talk" the constitution.......but don't "walk" it.

can one imagine what the former US would have done if someone like Clinton had said the same thing. They would have been so incensed.......they would have revolted or arranged a lynching on the whitehouse grounds. ( America .....not being all that evolved beyond guns, lynchings etc yet ..)

an aside.........seems that US lynchings are not all that different than the kidnapper's beheadings.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
RE: Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piece of

"I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.” "

I would like to see more concrete evidence of this, cause if he said that, that would end any support I may have lent him.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piec

Jay said:
"I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.” "

I would like to see more concrete evidence of this, cause if he said that, that would end any support I may have lent him.

what kind of "concrete " proof do you have in mind?? Even if this meeting was recorded........I suspect you would say it was "fixed"

Heck......if he went on prime time TV and said the same thing......the likes of the bush worshippers would say that it was a stand in.......and not their "savior " or whatever he has come to symbolize to them. ( whatever it is.......it is colored GREEN......and made of Gov't issue paper) $$$$$$$$$$

time to suck it up and face the facts about this psychopath in the oval office. Well.......maybe sociopath is closer to the truth. His cold , calculating program based on selfish greed should be blatantly obvious to everyone by now. Resistance to the truth is the human variable here.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Dear President Bush;

I've seen that story in at least four different locations, and I believe it. Bush is so clueless, for one thing, and for another he has never had much control over what comes out of his mouth once it's come into his head. (Probably because there isn't much in there to filter it.)

So I have basically no trouble in believing that he said this.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piec

Ocean Breeze said:
Jay said:

what kind of "concrete " proof do you have in mind?? Even if this meeting was recorded........I suspect you would say it was "fixed"

Heck......if he went on prime time TV and said the same thing......the likes of the bush worshippers would say that it was a stand in.......and not their "savior " or whatever he has come to symbolize to them. ( whatever it is.......it is colored GREEN......and made of Gov't issue paper) $$$$$$$$$$

time to suck it up and face the facts about this psychopath in the oval office. Well.......maybe sociopath is closer to the truth. His cold , calculating program based on selfish greed should be blatantly obvious to everyone by now. Resistance to the truth is the human variable here.

:roll:

Forget I said anything about it all about OB.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Dear President Bush;

Summer said:
I've seen that story in at least four different locations, and I believe it. Bush is so clueless, for one thing, and for another he has never had much control over what comes out of his mouth once it's come into his head. (Probably because there isn't much in there to filter it.)

So I have basically no trouble in believing that he said this.

I believe it .....absolutely. It fits his psychological profile. (plus he has been losing his temper and blurting out a lot of stuff recently.........most of which does not "leak " out. the chappie could be losing his grip.( if he ever had it ...)

Still boggles the mind that he was "elected" twice. ( will not believe that .......as I do think the elections were rigged.......and the population is helpless to do anything about it.. Wonder what it feels like to feel helpless about some serious and big issues in one's country .......one that "professes" to be an example of "freedom"....

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net

This President sucks.

For inspiration, I've been looking elsewhere.

You guys are totally right in reacting to what Bush was reported to have said.

And Jay? I don't have absolute proof on what was said, but his hubris and temper is getting the best of him and his record for the least press conferences in American history has always bothered me and stupid questions from stupid liberal reporters is not enough for me to make an allowance for a President to hide from challenge.

A lot of conservatives feel this way. You know that link discussed Bob Barr? He was a congressman who gained the limelight lambasting Clinton and so a lot of liberals thought this guy was an idiot, but he was there in that meeting and he is still a conservative who happens to support the main ideas of the ACLU and has been a top lobbyist for them.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin271.htm

seems he said that and more.

"Do it MY way....." :evil:

This dictator wannabee is getting frustrated with the US system. He wants complete /total control.

good luck america.

another three years of this BS.

(did he really say that???

I would put good money on it as it fits his personality profile to a T. All one has to do is look at the pattern of his speach behavior since he took office........and it FITS.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC

i guess Bush really does think he's a dictator 8O Does not bode well for your country my friend :(

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net

I just read an article in Newsweek about Bush's style of no two-way communication with the Congress and a comparison with his father and other Presidents who did a lot more outreach.

I believe the administration is quite correct about the ability and competence of others, (like the congress and the press) but this puts themselves at great risk at not considering ALL the scenarios and therefore makes them look quite incompetent and ignorant.

I guess this conservative finds Bush has also departed from many conservative principles of smaller government, control of the borders, and also departs from another great conservative principle that government does best when it does least, and that means NOT having immense hubris in the affairs of this country and of dealings with other countries.

There's no humility here. It is hubris everywhere you look.

Like Jay said, I also can't find more verifiable proof and that would especially be if Bob Barr a former Republican Congressman who led the charge on Clinton would speak up. I think he would prefer to work towards real underground change with the ACLU on this Patriot Act rather than the media storm of attributing truth to what the President said about the constitution.

That's my theory.

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse

Hey jimmoyer, one thing I am curious about: have you noticed any difference in your day-to-day life that you'd attribute to the Patriot Act?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net

Here's a scary answer: Not that I know of.

:)

I think the Patriot Act and the debate on Torture get the same response from me:

Civil liberties is a stick to beat the incompetence of bureaucracy with. I find more mistakes made by the lack of legal homework, and most importantly lack of followup while a man or woman is held in detention.

This lack of followup, lack of organized paperwork, and lack of resources to push on to the next step to following up with the detainee is one of most prolific problems of bureaucracy. Detainees frequently languish forever without interview, without a charge, without the right to know what the accusation is !!

The Patriot Act was used to shore up holes in our Conspiracy and Racketeering law called the RICO act.

And the Patriot Act should have a shorter sunset period to examine the abuses. Also the Patriot act requires notification of surveilance 90 days (I'm not sure) after the action.

I don't like how the liberals argue their case because they show no balance in thought that you can't have liberty without security, and you can't tie up the hands of men and women risking their lives to stop a real nightmare OR of even making these people so afraid to be brave to do the right thing to protect us.

Our thanks to these people is frequently to fire them, demote them, ridicule them, criticize every aspect of the job they did.

And so the conservatives arguing the points show a much more analytical view but equally furious as the liberals on the sloppiness of doing the job of security right.

But a democratic republic and budgets and the people have short attention spans, and that is a democratic nation's greatest weakness. Short attention spans, crappy budgets, lack of a captain seeing the forest for the tree --- all a deadly achilles heel of bickering democratic nations.