America slowly confronts the truth

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The old media dog sniffed the air, found power was moving away from the White House, and began to drool

By Robert Fisk

12/03/05 "The Independent" -- -- Watching the pathetic, old, lie-on-its-back frightened labrador of the American media changing overnight into a vicious rottweiler is one of the enduring pleasures of society in the United States. I have been experiencing this phenomenon over the past two weeks, as both victim and beneficiary.

In New York and Los Angeles, my condemnation of the American presidency and Israel's continued settlement-building in the West Bank was originally treated with the disdain all great papers reserve for those who dare to question proud and democratic projects of state. In The New York Times, that ancient luminary Ethan Bonner managed to chide me for attacking American journalists who - he furiously quoted my own words - "report in so craven a fashion from the Middle East - so fearful of Israeli criticism that they turn Israeli murder into 'targeted attacks' and illegal settlements into 'Jewish neighbourhoods'."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11204.htm

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now