The US Poor Get Screwed Again

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Yesterday,the House voted for the 700 million dollar cut in the welfare stamp program, while voting down a plan to withdraw troops from Iraq 400 to 3. It is time for yet another American Revolution :x

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
I have said it before and will say it again......... :dontknow:
Some where in Texas there is a village without it's IDIOT

:violent3: . :eek:ccasion8: :violent1:

meitme

Nominee Member
Nov 1, 2005
RE: The US Poor Get Screw

they are really just making it a world were the rich live well and the poor live terribley the ultimate capiltaist world.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
In my eyes, their new world order is a place where those born very rich get to become very, very rich doing whatever the hell they please, taking advantage of the perpetual state of war, while the poor get to choose between starving to death with their family, or volunteering to become cannon fodder.

You know, like how it says things should be in the Bible?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
missile said:
Yesterday,the House voted for the 700 million dollar cut in the welfare stamp program, while voting down a plan to withdraw troops from Iraq 400 to 3. It is time for yet another American Revolution :x

I fully agree with the welfare cuts. In many areas of the US, there should be no excuse for able bodied persons to collect welfare. Where I'm living, many businesses have "now hiring" signs and billboards posted everywhere. These available jobs range in everything from customer service reps., receptionists, store managers, cooks, certified mechanics, hair stylists, police officers ...etc. I've also seen many signs plastered all over in regards to jobs available for non-experienced persons such as delivery, fast food work, Wal Mart, department store/super market work.

With all these unfilled jobs, what valid reason would there be for an able bodied person to collect welfare?

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Nascar_James said:
I fully agree with the welfare cuts.. .
You would!

You are certainly trying to live up to your Avatar, Jimbo.

The American Bald Eagle, eats carrion, never attacks anything as large as itself, and is rapidly becoming extinct.

How appropriate!

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
You would!

The American Bald Eagle, eats carrion, never attacks anything as large as itself, and is rapidly becoming extinct.

How appropriate!

I was thinking of it more in the context of FREEDOM

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
You would!

How appropriate!

The bald eagle eats fish, smaller birds and rodents to my knowledge. It has been off the endangered species list since 2000. There are over 100,000 of them in North America, half of which are in Alaska, I think.

You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
I think not said:
. . .You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.
I think Canada, a country that was opened up by young European men searching for beaver, has a hilarious icon. :lol:

England has a lion and it's not even an indigenous animal. Chosen to celebrate how many times they were invaded, I suppose. :?

National icons are mostly a joke. If you take them too seriously, you will become one, too.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
And what is wrong with young men in search of beaver? A perfectly natural passtime.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
#juan said:
And what is wrong with young men in search of beaver? A perfectly natural passtime.
Not a thing #juan, I just think that celebrating the pastime on our money is rather out of character.

There is nothing more convulsing than a numismatist offering to show you his five-cent beaver. 8O

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I tend to agree GL

I have a coin collection, and I once told someone I was a numismatist. He asked me what I was taking for it.... :lol:

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I think not said:
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
You would!

How appropriate!

The bald eagle eats fish, smaller birds and rodents to my knowledge. It has been off the endangered species list since 2000. There are over 100,000 of them in North America, half of which are in Alaska, I think.

You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.

Hey I Think Not, hope you're back on this forum. You're one of the few left of centers who's actually a moderate here. A refreshing change from the radical left that reflects many of the postings on this forum.

As a moderate right of center myself, I know all too well how pitiful (and sometimes comical) it can be to hear the extremists viewpoints.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Nascar_James said:
Hey I Think Not, hope you're back on this forum. You're one of the few left of centers who's actually a moderate here. A refreshing change from the radical left that reflects many of the postings on this forum.

Left of center and moderate eh? :lol: Well thanks. Last time I was here, I was called a ne-ocon.

Nascar_James said:
As a moderate right of center myself, I know all too well how pitiful (and sometimes comical) it can be to hear the extremists viewpoints.

I thought you were a neo-con also :lol: 8O

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I think not said:
Nascar_James said:

Left of center and moderate eh? :lol: Well thanks. Last time I was here, I was called a ne-ocon.

Nascar_James said:

I thought you were a neo-con also :lol: 8O

Nope. You're clearly not a radical or right of center, ITN. If we base our viewpoints on a US political scale, then we are both moderates. You'd fall just left of center. I'd be right of center.

However, if we were to use a non-calibrated Canadian political scale (which has the center mark offset way to the left), then you'd be a moderate right of center and I'd be an extreme right wing radical.

What scares the hell outta me is I keep hearing the term neo-con so often, that I might actaully start believing it. The power of suggestion is not to be underestimated.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Great stuff, ITN and Jimbo!

Haven’t seen such a smooth, "After you, Alphonse — No, you first, my dear Gaston!" routine in a dog’s age. :lol:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
GL Schmitt said:
Great stuff, ITN and Jimbo!

Haven’t seen such a smooth, "After you, Alphonse — No, you first, my dear Gaston!" routine in a dog’s age. :lol:

Perhaps because you're too busy playing Larry, Moe and Curly..........solo.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.