Cheney fights back

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
Ahh! So then there must have been weapons of mass distruction found in Iraq after all.

WASHINGTON -- In the sharpest White House attack yet on critics of the Iraq war, U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney said Wednesday that accusations the Bush administration manipulated intelligence to justify the war were a "dishonest and reprehensible" political ploy.

source:http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/11/18/251.html[/url]

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
passpatoo said:
Ahh! So then there must have been weapons of mass distruction found in Iraq after all.

WASHINGTON -- In the sharpest White House attack yet on critics of the Iraq war, U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney said Wednesday that accusations the Bush administration manipulated intelligence to justify the war were a "dishonest and reprehensible" political ploy.

8O

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ah! the simple blunt tools of the neocons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the olde commie in the bushes blather, oh yes, don't forget the yellow peril. :lol: :lol:

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Right!

Anybody who says that the Bush Administration manipulated intelligence to justify the Iraq war is dishonestly rejecting our lies and acting in a reprehensibly patriot manner.

I misspoke myself, I didn’t mean lies, I meant prevarications. :oops:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well you know rats when dat ship is sinking :p I just heard on da radio that two thirds of americans now oppose the war in Iraq.

These self righteous hypocrites, holy than tho, using white phosphorous on human beings. Oh I forgot...I love da smell of napalm in da morning. Check out the CBC on sunday morning, two american boy soliders return and talk about the horror that had to witness with the use of white phosphorous by american troops.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I saw Cheney and Bush ranting on TV. They didn't so much fight back as look like a couple of children who were caught doing something wrong and trying to blame somebody else because they were about to get spanked.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
when you consistently talk in 'absolutes' as Cheney does, eventually you will be seen as an absolute idiot.

'there is NO DOUBT Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.'

'there is NO DOUBT Iraq is a grave threat to the U.S.

'yeah, we can do nothing, wait for the smoking gun, but it may just be a mushroom cloud'

meanwhile the CIA, NSA, etc provided very mixed intel reports they described as 'unsubstanciated', 'unconfirmed' 'not robust'. It was mostly Cheney who vetted the intel and prodded that community for reports supporting the administration position. Cheney lied to the American people. He turned the intelligence community into an arm of government propaganda and used fearmongering for popular support. He lied to Congress by withholding information that would weaken the administration's contention that Iraq was an imminent threat and that America could be attacked with WMD within a 45 minute time frame. Those were lies then and lies now. Do you smell impeachment?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Cheney fights back

Reverend Blair said:
I saw Cheney and Bush ranting on TV. They didn't so much fight back as look like a couple of children who were caught doing something wrong and trying to blame somebody else because they were about to get spanked.

fighting back??? nah, just the usual neocon RANT when they get cornered .....

dang, they are so un creative......they use the same RANT over and over again.

Did anyone ever think that these bozos would take responsibility for their actions?? they have more fall guys than McD's has hamburgers. Let the blame game continue. Cheney is more "slippery"/devious than bush. (as in psychopathic)

but hopefully the comatose/dumbed down americans are starting to rouse now......as many are getting a tad more vocal. About Fecking time.....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jay said:
passpatoo said:

8O

I got looking at this picture....Does anyone else think it looks doctored?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The woman holding the Lenin sign and the sign have definitely been photoshopped in. It's a sloppy job...the densities don't match and the edges of the are jagged...like they were blown up from something shot on a lower resolution.

It's not just doctored, it was doctored by a rank amateur.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That's what I thought, but I held back from being too critical, but your right.... at the least a rank amateur.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It's funny...I could do better and, having seen enough people that are really good at photoshop, I consider myself a rank amateur. I can't imagine putting something like that up.

Of course I don't agree with retouching photographs beyond fixing the colour and density and spotting dust etc.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Think of the political ramifications of what we are looking at.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Jay, I've been thinking about that all my life. I have a picture someplace...shot on Kodachrome 25...of a beautiful sunset reflecting off the water on a tree-lined beach.

Thing is that I shot it out the windshield of a 1967 Dodge Dart in a rundown part of Regina. The "water" is a reflection off of the hood. The only reason that looks like a sunset is because the car was a reddish brown. The trees are real, but they are hiding some ugly houses. It's completely deceptive and I wasn't even really trying...just playing with a new lens while I waited for a friend.

You wonder why we never saw what really happened at Fallujah? You wonder why journalists known for their ethics were so against embedding? You wonder why people worry about ownership concentration in the press? Think of that single piece of Kodachrome.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11069.htm

US MONSTERS in Iraq.

lets see how this Cheney criminal will spin this ...

(starting to think that Cheney is "evil" personified......as he represents everything horrific of the human condition.)

( every cornered animal will "fight back".........a no brainer. "fighting back" is not all it is made out to be in the current US.)

both he and bush will continue to defend the indefensible..... and lie as they are dragged out in handcuffs. ( gosh, do I wish that was more than just a wild hope so far)

seeing these SOBs stand trial at the world court.......might restore one's faith in humanity.