Prosecuting Bush in Canada for Torture

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Prosecuting Bush in Canada for Torture

By JUSTINE DAVIDSON

On Monday, October 17th Gail Davidson and Howard Rubin along with Jason Gratl and Micheal Vonn representing B.C. Civil Liberties stepped into courtroom 55 of the BC Supreme Court in Vancouver with the hopes of lifting the publication ban which, since December of 2004 August, has kept the case out of the public eye. After a relatively short session of 45 minutes they emerged successful. "I don't know that I would call it a victory quite yet," said Ms. Davidson, "but it is at least a step in the right direction. People deserve to know what is happening here."

http://www.counterpunch.org/davidson10202005.html

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
thanks mogh. Good article.... (have to follow this ...and see what happens on Nov. 25. )

from same item:
The next hearing in the case will take place on November 25th 2005, at 10:00 a.m. at the B.C. Supreme Court, 800 Smithe Street, Vancouver, B.C., when government lawyers have said they will argue that the issue is now "moot" because the Attorney General of Canada has not yet consented to the prosecution. Toronto law professor Michael Mandel, co-chair of LAW, calls this argument "bogus": "It's irrelevant to the issues before the court. Anyway it's hard to see how the Attorney General can withhold his consent to simply let justice take its course.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Prosecuting Bush in C

Ocean,

I am trying to be there on November 25. I like to get in but I don't know about the procedure. I hope I can be part of this.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Prosecuting Bush in C

moghrabi said:
Ocean,

I am trying to be there on November 25. I like to get in but I don't know about the procedure. I hope I can be part of this.

This has really perked my own interest . Might try to be there too.