Thanks to BC Libs, Texans control our gas profits

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
One date is 10-12-05, then lower it's 8-15-05. I'm not sure what that means, but this is the part that attracted my attention:

We are quickly moving to the place where American needs for oil, gas and water will trump our needs for the same. Moreover, the environmental problems this will raise will be ours not theirs and the profits not ours but theirs too.

We have taken a Canadian company that controlled the natural gas we use and turned it over to a foreign owner to use what should be our profits, public profits, to build American pipelines from the tar sands to America.

http://www.thetyee.ca/Views/2005/08/15/TerasenDeal/

Uncle

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Thanks to BC Libs, Te

They are social credit, former provinciasl reform, federal conservatives. Basically a party that has all the neocons rolled into one. They call them selves BC Liberals not Liberals. At one time Campbell said they had no affiliation with federal liberals but over the years that has changed.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
unclepercy said:
One date is 10-12-05, then lower it's 8-15-05. I'm not sure what that means, but this is the part that attracted my attention:

We are quickly moving to the place where American needs for oil, gas and water will trump our needs for the same. Moreover, the environmental problems this will raise will be ours not theirs and the profits not ours but theirs too.

We have taken a Canadian company that controlled the natural gas we use and turned it over to a foreign owner to use what should be our profits, public profits, to build American pipelines from the tar sands to America.

Uncle

not sure what it means either........but something is amiss. Are we to believe that any US company can simply come here and make a deal about our resources??? .......sounds a tad like infiltrating the country too. Buy a piece here, there......and before one knows it ......

Have not heard anything about this in other sources......but plan to research it now...

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Ocean Breeze said:
unclepercy said:

Uncle

not sure what it means either........but something is amiss. Are we to believe that any US company can simply come here and make a deal about our resources??? .......sounds a tad like infiltrating the country too. Buy a piece here, there......and before one knows it ......

Have not heard anything about this in other sources......but plan to research it now...

Man, I got this new fancy keyboard, and sometimes it's better to leave things alone - I can't type worth a hoot on it.

So, Oceania, what did you find out? I'd be curious to now.

Uncle

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://gnn.tv/headlines/5464/Group_...mpanies_Limited_Refineries_to_Drive_Up_Prices

The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights (FTCR) today exposed internal oil company memos that show how the industry intentionally reduced domestic refining capacity to drive up profits, RAW STORY has learned.

Yes, our resources are controlled by large corporations in Houston, they have connections here, and our corporations have influence there.

Its not left or Right, and its not USA or Canada, our future is in the hands of corporations whose sole purpose is "to increase shareholder value".

What they decide in their boardrooms is what happens to our resources. If they decide to extract them all now because the timing is good, they do it no matter what is best for the people of B.C.

Our government would do very little to get in their way.

Regulations are not enough to trump corporate decisions - look how environmental regulations get changed to favour corporations. At one time,for eg., Provincial and Federal Parks were off limits to private industry, now they are drilling there.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Well, Karlin, you didn't mention that it is owned by Richard Kinder, who is the ex president of Enron. Now don't you feel all warm and safe? Can I politely ask what Canadian decided this was a good deal for the country?

Yowser! I hear that loud sucking noise - glug, glug.

Uncle

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I see no one around here has been paying attension 8O Before this new company got controll of Terrasen Gas it was controlled be Duke Energy :x Blame the NDP for that I'm no lover of the Libs but its not there fault our gas is controlled by US corporations

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
mrmom2 said:
I see no one around here has been paying attension 8O Before this new company got controll of Terrasen Gas it was controlled be Duke Energy :x Blame the NDP for that I'm no lover of the Libs but its not there fault our gas is controlled by US corporations

Don't you think you should pay attention? Now Texas has your oil pipelines, and it is someone's fault. I'm asking whose fault? No one knows, or no one cares? Which is it?

Uncle

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
unclepercy said:
mrmom2 said:

Don't you think you should pay attention? Now Texas has your oil pipelines, and it is someone's fault. I'm asking whose fault? No one knows, or no one cares? Which is it?

Uncle

That's what I thought. No one cares. The story was on the front page of the paper today entitled, "O, Canada."

Uncle

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
To many people have been lulled asleep by big corporate media and as long as the gas flows they don't care Uncle :( This is exactly what the powers that be want hell i can go out and talk to my neighbors and they could give a shit .I do thats why I'm switching to wood heat and installing solar panels soons as i can afford it .I'm getting off the grid as fast as possible .I'm not the only one :x

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

The other thing is too as well, up until two years ago BC gas now Terrasen had to be Canadian owned and head office had to be in BC, but nit wit Campbell and his cronies changed the law and yet people voted him in again this spring, so basically if you voted BC Liberal (really conservatives) in last election don't complain about Campbell selling us out as you are just as responsible since you voted for him.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

I agree. Campbell is a bastard backstabber of the first order.

I like to call him "Cannibal G."

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
If thats the case no1 what the feck is duke energy doing .They've been running around here pretending to be Terrasen :? They even have an office here .Terrasen is owned by them theres nothing Canadian about them .So whats all the fuss about now .We have the NDP to thank for this :evil: Glenn the complete corupt moron sold BC gas

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

They sold it but Campbell changed the law two years ago to allow it to be sold into forgein hands. I will get you a link, just give me a minute.

From article:

Terasen Gas used to be BC Gas, a Crown corporation, owned by the people of the province who benefited from its sale of gas to its 875,000 customers in BC. Then it was sold to a private company but there were restrictions on the number of directors who could live outside of the province. The headquarters had to be in BC and the percentage of shares that could be owned by foreigners was limited to 20%. The number of shares that could be owned by one entity was also limited to 10%.

This year the Campbell government removed those restrictions and any non-Canadian can acquire a controlling interest in Terasen, BC's 7th largest corporation in 2004, with assets of nearly $6.9 billion, including pipelines in both BC and Alberta and about 2,000 employees. With this sale to Kinder Morgan, profits will go to Texas rather than stay in BC.

Stop the Sale of Terasen Gas

Click link for article from Northern BC dot com.