UN Blasted for "appeasing" the US...

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
"Don Kraus, executive vice president of Citizens for Global Solutions, a U.S.-based membership organisation that works to promote more effective and empowered international organisations like the United Nations, said G77 members complaining about appeasement of U.S. officials is "a bit of the pot calling the kettle black".
--------------------------------------------------------------

That says it all.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: UN Blasted for "appea

Bullshit, Jimmy. The UN should have taken a much tougher stance on Iraq, Guantanamo Bay, and the Bush administration's refusal to abide by international law. The organisation as whole has been critical of human rights violations elsewhere on the planet, but the US has refused to be held accountable for anything.

The UN, because of the USA's power, has been afraid to sanction them. That should stop. Your leaders are in violation of various agreements that you have signed. Annan should be calling for your leaders to stand trial for their crimes.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: UN Blasted for "appea

Reverend Blair said:
Annan should be calling for your leaders to stand trial for their crimes.

Answer - amen to that. It would be good to have the U.S. pay their arrears. Then perhaps move the headquarters out of the U.S.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: UN Blasted for "appea

Yup. I'd love to see the UN call the neo-cons bluff on that. They always yak about kicking the UN out of the US. Do you know how much money the UN generates? You have all of the delegates and their staff. You have all of the embassies and consulates as a result of that. You have press from around the world. That's all cold, hard cash flowing into New York.

I hope the US boots them out and they decide to move to Winnipeg. Why not? We're right in the middle of the continent east/west wise, and the wind patterns work well for flights. We're easily accessible from Europe and Asia, have a culturally diverse population, and a whole whack of bars and restaurants. We're also friendly...you can tell by our license plates. It would make perfect sense.

Hmmm...maybe we should start lobbying the UN to move here. :)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: UN Blasted for "appea

Reverend Blair said:
Yup. I'd love to see the UN call the neo-cons bluff on that. They always yak about kicking the UN out of the US. Do you know how much money the UN generates? You have all of the delegates and their staff. You have all of the embassies and consulates as a result of that. You have press from around the world. That's all cold, hard cash flowing into New York.

I hope the US boots them out and they decide to move to Winnipeg. Why not? We're right in the middle of the continent east/west wise, and the wind patterns work well for flights. We're easily accessible from Europe and Asia, have a culturally diverse population, and a whole whack of bars and restaurants. We're also friendly...you can tell by our license plates. It would make perfect sense.

Hmmm...maybe we should start lobbying the UN to move here. :)

I would LOVE to see the UN leave the US premises. (can't you just hear the US carry on , should the UN decide that??? ) Winnipeg makes a lot of good sense (as a location). It has an image of business, has the calm cool temperament required for heated deb ates. And the cool weather would encourage those "Members" to get off their duffs and get the jobs done. Getting out of the NY smog/polution might clear their thinking too.;-)

( Winnipeg licence plates??? Ok.....I bite..;-)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Is that anything like "Honest" John's Used Cars?

Some days I wonder, but overall I'd have to say that it's pretty accurate. People here are mostly friendly most of the time. The thing is that aren't friendly when they're in their cars. Manitobans are rude drivers.