Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Interesting article ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170346,00.html

Officials: Bin Laden Isolated
Sunday, September 25, 2005

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Usama bin Laden (search) is hiding out with a small core of mainly Arab supporters, and the Al Qaeda leader now only sends messages by courier because his communications network has been destroyed, senior Pakistani military and intelligence officials said Sunday.

There have been no fresh clues to bin Laden's whereabouts, but he generally is believed to be in the border region between Pakistan (search) and Afghanistan.

"In our opinion, the reports on the whereabouts of Usama bin Laden are more speculative stories rather than based on accurate intelligence," said Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan (search), chief spokesman for Pakistan's army.

Pakistan has deployed some 80,000 troops to its rugged border regions running along Afghanistan, fighting intense battles with Al Qaeda-linked militants.

CBS' "60 Minutes" will report Sunday that Pakistani officials believe bin Laden may be hiding in Afghanistan, where he is protected by a very small number of people to keep a low profile.

A Pakistani intelligence official in the northwestern city of Peshawar, near the Afghan border, said bin Laden probably is accompanied by "dozens" of mainly Arab supporters. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the secretive nature of his job.

Security officials in Pakistan — Washington's front-line Muslim ally in the war on terrorism — also believe bin Laden's communications network has been destroyed.

"For a very long time there are no intercepts about Usama bin Laden giving instructions to his regional commanders, either through radio, telephone, satellite phone or the Internet," a senior security official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

"If he is unable to give orders physically or otherwise, it clearly indicates that his communication has been severed."

In the past, bin Laden would be surrounded by up to 500 people, the Peshawar-based intelligence official said, adding that his communications network has been reduced to human couriers, where a message "changes several hands" between its point of origin and final destination.

"This is a very slow and exposed way of communicating," the official said.

Security forces seized a letter from bin Laden during a raid in Rawalpindi in 2003 in which Al Qaeda's then-No. 3 leader Khalid Shaikh Mohammed — a suspected planner of the Sept. 11 attacks — was captured. Mohammed is believed to have received the letter via the courier network, the official said.

Pakistani officials say more than 700 Al Qaeda suspects, including senior figures like Mohammed, have been arrested.

Officials also say that information gleaned from Al Qaeda has led to the arrests of militants outside Pakistan and helped prevent terrorist attacks abroad.

"The arrest of Naeem Noor Khan led to the arrest of a big gang ... ahead of the British elections," Sultan said, claiming that the people arrested in Britain planned to attack Heathrow Airport.

Last year, intelligence agents arrested Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan, 25, an alleged Pakistani computer expert for Al Qaeda. A reported tip-off from Khan led to the arrest of Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, a Tanzanian on the FBI's most-wanted list for his alleged role in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in East Africa that killed more than 200 people.

There were media reports that Mohammed Sidique Khan — one of the suspected bombers in the deadly July 7 explosions in London — may have had ties with members of an alleged terrorist cell that matched information from Noor Khan's computer.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
CBS' "60 Minutes" will report Sunday that Pakistani officials believe bin Laden may be hiding in Afghanistan, where he is protected by a very small number of people to keep a low profile

What they believe and what they KNOW for a fact are yet to be in sinq. More speculation and supposition. Might be a media stunt too. OBL has not made the news for a while. When things get tough, resurrect him and get the population all rallied around the bush/OBL equation????

Credible information is a precious commodity now... (and very rare)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Bin Laden Isolated

Hank C Cheyenne said:
I'd sure like to see this guys caught, flown down to texas, and fried on CNN. YEaa haaa

with due "respect" .........THAT is quite barbaric. .......and not much different from what terrorists do. Same mindset. And here "we" were under the delusion that "we" were more civilized.

seems not. :cry:

(just like the media (with request/ permission ) from the USR.....showing fixed up photos of SH......sons after they were butchered. Isn't it just grand to show off your prize catch to the world??? (NOT) The pitter patter heartbeat thrill of the kill. Civility, thy name is NOT the USR.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Hank C Cheyenne said:
I'd sure like to see this guys caught, flown down to texas, and fried on CNN. YEaa haaa

If that's to be his fate them it's only appropriate that the people who backed his rise to international terrorist stardom should be right along side him. Oh, that's right, they are US'ians so they are beyond any reproach. :roll:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
barbaric.. cmon u serious. If this dirtbag got his hands on you or your family he would slaughter every one of you in a barbaric fashion. This f##ker planned the killing of thousands of people all over the world. I would love to see him executed, as well as that bastard Saddam.......ok fine maybe lethal injection would be more civilized.

Don't forget Canada is on a list of 5 countries these terrorists plan to attack..... still no reason to live in fear.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I fully agree Hank. Bin Laden deserves to die. He actually deserves much worst, but execution is the best we could come up with.

As for Canada being on the top 5 terroist hit list, that is a surprise to me. I had no idea. I would have thought for sure Canada would have joined the US Missile Defense Program if they were on a list of countries targetted by the terrorists. It would have been in Canada's best interest. If the terrorists somehow manage to get (God forbid) their hands on nuclear weapons, and tagret Canada in a nuclear attack, hopefully the US would be able to shoot down the approaching missile before it hits.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hank C Cheyenne said:
Don't forget Canada is on a list of 5 countries these terrorists plan to attack..... still no reason to live in fear.

It's rather funny how you people, and I use that term in the loosest sense, just love your fear...you keep it like a pet, scratching it behind the ears and let it nuzzle up real close, and even when it pukes on the carpet, or shits on your bed, you still can't get enough...just don't forget to feed it... :roll:

Tell you what, you can adopt my fear too...cause I got no use for it...

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
yep we are on the hitlist but I don't think it has anything to do with missile defence. I don't think the islamic terrorists have control of governing any country that could nuke Canada or the US. I think the missile defence system was jsut developed as a last ditch security measure if something insane happend, like a nuke from north korea or hell who knows china?

if there is another muslim terrorist attack in north america it would probably be a like suacide bombing or coordinated attack or something. But w/e you probably have a worse chance of getting killed in a car accident so f**k it,eh.

i agree tho nascar he deserves way worse than lethal injection. Hope we catch him before 2008.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Canucklehead said:
Hank C Cheyenne said:

If that's to be his fate them it's only appropriate that the people who backed his rise to international terrorist stardom should be right along side him. Oh, that's right, they are US'ians so they are beyond any reproach. :roll:

good post. :thumbleft: Civilized people arrest criminals and put them on trial. Anything else is just as barbaric as the acts of the accused. What would be interesting to see is the EVIDENCE for the crimes that OBL committed. What is his motive, ??? All we really have is Georgie boy's words......accusations.....and we all know how "truthful" /honest /accurate Georgie is.

Gosh, it is sickening to see how some just lust for blood, revenge without looking at the larger picture. Even if they catch OBL.....who is more of a figurehead for the movement than anything else now. The myth is larger than the reality. ..... there are others who will step into his shoes and carry on. These groups have the advantage and always will,........until smarter tactics start to be employed. Playing into their hands the way the US has done......is just making a fool out of the US.....(again)

so Canada is reputed to be on some hit list. So bloody what?? Is that enough for the scaremongers. fear mongers to keep berating the point and glamorizing them "terrorist" cults/groups even more??? Seems some are afraid of their own fecking shadow now........thanks to the fear mongers that the US has hatched and perpetuated. Terrorism has been given so much attention now...... that they have a psychological hold on many. And the media plays the USR game right on cue.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
i agree tho nascar he deserves way worse than lethal injection

and you guys are the self appointed Judge, Jury and executioner???? (maybe even "God" too??)

What would you like to do to him.......Torture him US style?? What would suit your sadistic fantasy???? If he is captured......you can bet he will be tortured.........and you can bet no one will know about it either. Secret US prison for this guy. And watch the spin drs work up that one. Humanitarianism /ethics is not the US strong suit. War, killing and torture /humiliation IS.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Ocean what nonsence are you talking about now?

I seem to recall OBL praising the sept 11 attack on video after the event. And there is video of him calling for "more attacks". He acknowledges he is behind it. What about last November during the US elections? Its not jsut teh US you know, he has lead terrorist attacks in other countries. I seem to recall attacks on bases in Africa too. Can you prove this guy innocent? if you can ill call you god.

Standing up for Osama is making you look foolish.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Hank C Cheyenne said:
I seem to recall attacks on bases in Africa too. Can you prove this guy innocent? if you can ill call you god.

In all civilized nations, the burden of proof is on the accuser...they have not proven anything other than that they have a hard on for killing Muslims...

There has been much dispute surrounding the veracity of the Bin Laden tapes...both video and audio...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Hank C Cheyenne said:
Ocean what nonsence are you talking about now?

I seem to recall OBL praising the sept 11 attack on video after the event. And there is video of him calling for "more attacks". He acknowledges he is behind it. What about last November during the US elections? Its not jsut teh US you know, he has lead terrorist attacks in other countries. I seem to recall attacks on bases in Africa too. Can you prove this guy innocent? if you can ill call you god.

who the feck is standing up for OBL??? Who the feck says OBL is "innocent" ??? IF that is what you got out of my message............then nothing more can be said. ...as sadly you would simply NOT GET IT....

People like you are ready to tar and feather at will.......while hypocritically trying to claim you are civilized. And all that represents is a raging mob mentality. Goes back to the era of "LYNCH HIM" "BURN him/her at the stake". Or "behead him/her in towns square for all to see. (all to see how primitive this justice is and how prehistoric mankind can still be. )

vanni: Thanks. for bringing up "Burden of Proof" . .....and how it factors in ......in civilized societies.

What I would like to see is OBL captured ALIVE.....and while in captivity.. analysed by psychologists, psychiatrists , criminalists, criminal profilers......so we (collectively) could LEARN about this kind of pathology. OBL has been much better at playing the "head" game than those reacting to him. Those that react to him with anger , revenge etc are simply taking his bait. He knows and understands rage,........ and can fuel it at will.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
"obviously ........you have bought into the "with us or against us"....... bush mindSET."

If you read my posts you would see that i dont say anything about Bush or the war. All my posts are about OBL?

I said Canada is a target..... so what i also said no reason to give a s*it!

" In all civilized nations, the burden of proof is on the accuser...they have not proven anything other than that they have a hard on for killing Muslims... "

again Americans are not the only people who have been killed by him and his followers. Nairobi, Kenyan, and Tanzanian people also deserve a piece of this guy.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Ocean isn't defending Bin Laden....she's saying that we have to take the higher road and prove to the world that we are better than him. Yes the guy deserves a lot more than he will get, for killing all those that he has slaughtered, but I will not be the person to sink to his level, and from the sound of things, neither will Ocean...

I think you should read the posts she made a little more closely instead of just reacting