Rice at the U.N.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Ms Rice called for a "lasting revolution of reform" and argued that countries with poor human rights should not be allowed to sit on UN committees judging other nations' records.

I guess that means the US can't sit on those committees either.

The Bush regime seems to stepping up the rhetoric on Iran. Oddly enough, there is no proof that Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons. It sounds like the US is trying to build a coalition to after Iran with.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
Ms Rice called for a "lasting revolution of reform" and argued that countries with poor human rights should not be allowed to sit on UN committees judging other nations' records.

I guess that means the US can't sit on those committees either.

The Bush regime seems to stepping up the rhetoric on Iran. Oddly enough, there is no proof that Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons. It sounds like the US is trying to build a coalition to after Iran with.

wondering how many countries bush regime will have to invade before the world takes notice and reacts......and starts to stand up to the US. The US is a lot more vulnerable now and now is the time to do a little wing trimming. All the US has is the military .....and it is stretched too thin as things stand. ( although "they " will deny (lie) that to their deaths. the US debt position is leaving it very vulnerable too.

the damned US "war mentality/ machine " must be contained.....and in a smart way.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Quote:

sheesh......talk about a hypocrit. :twisted: :evil: Like the US should "talk". :x

they /she must be infected with the bush regime delusions.......to say these things with a straight face. OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY..........big time.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
simple truths: Iran would be ( according to the new pre-emptive thought) in its rights to invade/attack the US pre emptively now as the US poses a clear and present danger to it. (and other areas near Iran). And it would NOT have to LIE about it.

But of course the US would twist that around to suit its purpose........UGLY as it has become.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A few years ago there was a bit the same verbal fencing going on with Iraq and a couple Israeli fighter/bombers blew Iraq's nuclear reactor all over the countryside. I expect to see the same thing happen in Iran.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
The ironic thing about that raid was that it actually accelerated the iraqi nuclear programme - it went underground, and from 700 people working on it before the raid, to around 3000 after it. When these underground sites were bombed during Desert Storm, they failed to be destroyed, and were only taken out of commission by UN operatives on the ground much later.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
I agree that the USA will not invade Iran simply because they are stretched too thin in Iraq and Afghanistan.

However if is revealed that Iran actually is trying to build nuclear weapons I think we all need to step in (including Canada). We can't set the precedence of allowing dangerous countries like Iran to posesses these weapons.
Hopefully this matter can be resolved without military involvement. I think this time if inspectors are sent in we need to give them the proper time to do their job.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
We can't set the precedence of allowing dangerous countries like Iran to posesses these weapons

How about one DEFINES EXACTLY the type/ kind of DANGER Iran is . How is Iran DANGEROUS?? Let's be specific here.

Or is this just a lot of spin from the USG as it was about Iraq??? Iraq posed NO DANGER to the US or the world ......but if one listened to the damned bush regime.......one would be building private bunkers faster than one could say "WAR".

More important......How can ANYONE with any sanity, common sense BELIEVE ANYTHING the bush regime says ??? It has NO credibility. and just spews empty rhetoric and fear tactics..

It never pays to lie. It backfires badly. Now, if there was a REAL threat ......no one will believe those criminal liers in washington. ........ so he shot himself in the foot.....(as per usual)

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Ocean Breeze, I understand and somewhat agree with you on how the Iraq war was played out.
First of all I believe that a military conflict is not the best way to go about Iran, seeing as how they don't have a leader who has commited genocide (unlike Saddam Hussein). Also there needs to be sufficient evidence that Iran actually intends to build these weapons. Like I said before we need to give UN weapons inspectors the time they need.(You remember Hans Blix).

I do believe that anti American attitudes are getting in the way of many peoples judgement. People are not supporting the lesser of the 2 evils. I am the last person to say that Washington is squeaky clean, but don't forget that Saddam killed/tortured hundreds of thousands if not millions of people! He also tryed to capture Kuwait in the Gulf War ( and killed many Kurds). How can you not support getting rid of him and trying to establish a democracy? The people of Iraq deserve the same rights as we have here in Canada and the USA.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I hate to even say this, but I think the U.S. let the genie out of the bottle in 1945. Somebody is going to come up with a nuclear device and get it to the U.S.. Bush has said himself that he would use nuclear weapons and it doesn't seem possible for the U.S. to stop everybody. How much would Pakistan take for one of theirs?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
How can you not support getting rid of him and trying to establish a democracy?
THAT is not the point and never has been. Sorry , but the US intentions in Iraq are far from being as "noble" as this statement would imply.

Lying about the rationale to invade Iraq or any nation is an insult to one's intelligence.... and makes the bush regime look like the a**holes they are. Remember ??? WMD, and how bush repeated this "threat" to the US and the world at large. ??? One would have thought they (Iraq ) had the same capability the US has.

and why was Blix not allowed to finish his inspections ?????? Simple.......because "they knew" or suspected that there were no WMD and by not finding them........they could not invade Iraq ,which they were salivating to do.

Lesser of two evils..........is still EVIL. :evil:

Lest we forget SH was supported by the US when it suited the US.........so even that does not wash. The US turned traitor to him....and decided to oust him ......militarily.

Deposing a leader can be done a lot more effectively, and humanely WITHOUT MASSIVE MILITARY invasions..... and killing even more innocents.

there is NOTHING humanitarian about the Iraq invasion......and there would be NOTHING humanitarian to invade Iran. The US wants control of the ME so badly it is salivating blood .

When the Iraqis are "free" from the US........then we can talk about Iraqi freedom and democracy.. Until then......it is just smoke and mirrors.

WAR is the path of expedience for the bush regime.......and they don't care how many are killed as they continue with their imperial agenda.

( oh well, Rome fell too.. and no empire is "forever".--- )

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Do you honestly believe that if the US left Iraq tomorrow then the country would become democracy? It would just be taken over by terrorists and the Sunni monority(who coincidently ruled under SH), and go back to its old ways, while the UN tryed to apply weak and inneffective sanctions. That would be horrible for the people of Iraq! You think that giving the country into the hands of terrorist who execute poor people looking for jobs is a good idea? WTF

Sure things dont look good now, but I believe that in a few years when we look back at Iraq which with gods grace will have democracy for everyone (including the opressed women), we will be able to sleep a little better.

Don't let you blinding hatred of Americans triumph over the possible hope for a better Iraq!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Rice at the U.N.

Hank C Cheyenne said:
Do you honestly believe that if the US left Iraq tomorrow then the country would become democracy? It would just be taken over by terrorists and the Sunni monority(who coincidently ruled under SH), and go back to its old ways, while the UN tryed to apply weak and inneffective sanctions. That would be horrible for the people of Iraq! You think that giving the country into the hands of terrorist who execute poor people looking for jobs is a good idea? WTF

Sure things dont look good now, but I believe that in a few years when we look back at Iraq which with gods grace will have democracy for everyone (including the opressed women), we will be able to sleep a little better.

Don't let you blinding hatred of Americans triumph over the possible hope for a better Iraq!

gosh, have you ever bought into the "freedom/democracy " BS (line) that the bush regime spews. Do you really think that the bushgoons CARE about what the Iraqis have........as long as the US has it's meddling feet/hands in there??? and pulling the strings from behind the scenes.?? All this ......deposing SH ......could have been done more effectively, more smartly and more peacefully.......but then peace is not the language of the power brokers , is it???

Gullibility , when it comes to the bushregime propaganda is not a good thing......and leaves much egg on one's face.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
See this is what blows me away 8O 8O 8O What give the united states the right to decide who has nuclear power, not that anyone should have it. But why is it them that decides????? Are they examples to the world??? This is what burns me up, they have munipulated other country's politics, they have interfered with other country's government, they do right in your face, straight up hypocritial acts by the american government. If you were hiring for a country to lead the world, would you accept this resume. Why is it that the united states government dictates to the world. Because underneath it all is something sinister, hiding under a guise of civility and phoney balony, its really about greed and believing you have the power to rule the planet.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
See this is what blows me away 8O 8O 8O What give the united states the right to decide who has nuclear power, not that anyone should have it. But why is it them that decides????? Are they examples to the world??? This is what burns me up, they have munipulated other country's politics, they have interfered with other country's government, they do right in your face, straight up hypocritial acts by the american government. If you were hiring for a country to lead the world, would you accept this resume. Why is it that the united states government dictates to the world. Because underneath it all is something sinister, hiding under a guise of civility and phoney balony, its really about greed and believing you have the power to rule the planet.

MY Frustrations, sentiments exactly. Thanks for "verbalizing " them. The US appointed ITSELF as judge, jury and executioner. It bought its way to the power it thinks it has now. It has used military and threats to secure and hold that power. It is not only greed but pure arrogance that comes with abuse of power that provides them with the attitude of entitlement. They have granted themselves an entitlement not seen in history. And use fear/threats to hold this entitlement. the US does not cooperate or work towards Peaceful solutions to problems....... It wants to rule /control the entire world.......and does NOT have the ability to lead its own nation /or care for its own people in a positive way.

GREED, Abuse of POWER......and the power of MONEY.....as opposed to humanitarianism and true leadership. In fact, it is quite a sick society now......an illness reinforced by its leadership.

In their arrogance........they actually "believe" that people are "Jealous " of them. .........yet fail to acknowledge what it is there is to be "jealous of". They abuse terms like freedom and democracy ......when it suits their selfish purpose.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Maybe it is because of US aggression that these countries want Nukes to deter America from invading?

Also who is America to decide who can and can not have Nukes? America thinks they and a few select others can have them. Why? Power and control.

All I know is if US invaded Iran, they will not have much help and the death toll of American serviceman would be higher than both Gulf Wars, Vietnam,Afghanistan combined. But of course none of that death would be allowed on American tv.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: Rice - Bigger Threat? Most Dispicable Person

Yes, its true.
Condoleeza Rice is the most despicable woman ever. No morals, no vision for her position of power [she is throwing the opportunity away].

She is so convinced by Bush that she will say whatever HE thinks. Now, at the UN summit, she parrots the notion that terrorism is the biggest threat to the world.

At this time of Katrina's aftermath where we can see so clearly that global warming is a much bigger threat, and that the fight on terrorism is one way or another going to bring more oil to the USA to be burned and create more serious global warming problems, it is obvious that this woman is oblivious. Demented in fact. Bongo-bongo land for her.

At least , for Condee's sake, she doesn't have the weight of betrayal of her color and her class - poor black people - because she is an Elite Player, separated and divorced from her roots long ago.

Katrina victims can feel fully betrayed by her and the Bush Administration. To them, the War on Terrorism is actually making their lives, and levees, worse.
Remember this from two weeks ago? -
The soaring costs of the Iraq war, combined with Bush's huge tax cuts translated directly into sharp reductions in the amount of government money that was made available for the battered area's hurricane- and flood-control projects over the last several years, according to a series of articles published in 2004 and 2005 by New Orleans' largest-circulation newspaper, The Times-Picayune.

"No one can say they didn't see it coming,"

"Now in the wake of one of the worst storms ever, serious questions are being asked about the lack of preparation."

K - I guess 'Condee', in her mind, could add the problems of Katrina to terrorism, in that the levees were weak because we had to go fight terrorists. It depends how you look at it - logically or "tactically". { Huh?

Others might say don't invade Iraq, forget about the idea of "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here" , and we could afford to the the social programs, the rescue and levee maintenance.

Condee speaking to world leaders at the U.N. must put them to sleep faster than Colon Powell due to the 'parroting' of BushCo. Those two could have done so much more for colored equality in America, being the 'token blacks' in the White House [lol]. As that unofficial representative, they have betrayed their roots by throwing away their opportunity to represent colored Americans.

Despicable.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I say let every country have nuclear weapons. There is no country that has the right to decide which country can or can't have them. To allow a country to have that say is allowing that country to be a dictator of the world. Why would we allow that?