No Photos of Dead “Cockroaches” Allowed in New Orleans

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Kurt Nimmo | September 14 2005

Let CNN sue the Bush administration all it wants. It will make no difference in the new New Orleans, where the Pentagon is in control (along with Blackwater mercenaries and militarized cops) and the First, Second, and Fourth Amendments of the Constitution no longer exist. “On Saturday, after being challenged in court by CNN, the Bush administration agreed not to prevent the news media from following the effort to recover the bodies of Hurricane Katrina victims,” reports the San Francisco Chronicle. “But on Monday, in the Bywater district, that assurance wasn’t being followed. The 82nd Airborne soldier told reporters the Army had a policy that requires media to be 300 meters—more than three football fields in length—away from the scene of body recoveries in New Orleans. If reporters wrote stories or took pictures of body recoveries, they would be reported and face consequences, he said, including a loss of access for up-close coverage of certain military operations.” No doubt journalists are relieved—in Iraq, when the media ventures too close to “certain military operations,” they are often shot dead.

In the new New Orleans, an American city now sharing ominous parallels to Baghdad, the “insurgents,” that is to say residents who refuse to leave their homes—likely understanding that if they do so their homes will be bulldozed, not unlike the homes of Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank—are now considered on par with common household pests. “The cockroaches come out at night,” Dean Nugent, of the Louisiana State Coroner’s Department, said of the residents who have defied military orders to “evacuate,” or surrender their homes, possessions, and pets to the government (no word on what exactly will happen to the possessions, but pets are systematically exterminated). “This is one of the worst places in the country. You should not be here. Especially you,” he told a female reporter, insinuating that the remaining residents are not only flat-bodied insects of the family Blattidae, but also rapists and possibly murderers. Cecilia M. Vega of the Chronicle adds: “Nugent, who is white, acknowledged he wasn’t personally familiar with the poor, black neighborhood, saying he only knew of it by reputation.”

Not documenting and possibly never reporting the actual death toll in New Orleans is apparently not a concern for most Americans, who remain almost completely in the dark, if we can believe polls conducted by the corporate media. “A new CNN/USA Today/Gallup survey finds that 58% of Americans say they are following news coverage of the hurricane disaster—and a vast majority give the media high marks,” reports Editor & Publisher. Even more disturbing is the fact far too many Americans seem to not be troubled that Bush (or anybody else in government) will never be held to account for the fact thousands of people waited days to receive urgent water, food, and medical attention. “At the same time, only 43% of Americans give President Bush a passing grade in response to Hurricane Katrina, with 54% disapproving, and 7 in 10 call for an independent probe of the federal response…. Americans are also more likely to believe that the slow response was a result of bureaucratic inefficiency (49%) than a lack of adequate preparation (40%).” Of course, CNN and Gallup did not ask if Americans believe the government deliberately left the victims of Katrina to their fate. It is simply unthinkable government would do such a thing—Operation Northwoods, the Tuskegee Syphilis Study, Navy bacterial experiments on the people of San Francisco, CIA experiments with Serratia marcescens and Bacillus glogigii on the unwitting people of New York, U.S. military releasing mosquitoes infected with Yellow Fever over Savannah, Georgia and Avon Park, Florida, the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (and the fire-bombing of Tokyo and Dresden), and countless other examples not withstanding.

Indeed, the New World Order crew considers millions of Americans as little more than “cockroaches,” although they are not as forthright as the racist yahoo Dean Nugent. Our neoliberal rulers (and the current neocon clique) are adamantly opposed to the idea of the “public good” (as in saving hurricane victims) because for the global elite the “market rules” and no appreciable larger community or social consciousness exists outside of their own narrow economic interests—thus neocons and so-called “conservatives” (who are reactionaries, not traditional conservatives) blame the impoverished victims of Katrina for their own lack of resources and class-bound ineptitude (such not being able to afford a car or a motel room out of harm’s way). But regardless of this facile blame game, the neolibs and neocons consider Katrina a sort of naturally occurring structural adjustment program that will punish the “useless eaters” (Untermensch) and ultimately reward the financial elite as they invest in a radically transformed—”demographically, geographically and politically,” as the elitist James Reiss unabashedly informs us—new New Orleans, now earmarked to become an upscale tourist destination minus a troublesome under class deemed expendable (or easily displaced).

It is the task of the Pentagon to make certain the corporate media—instinctively sniffing around ghoulish stories, such as the sensationalistic prospect of the New Orleans dead—are not allowed access, and for good reason: it is not so much the dead or the bogus claim of respecting the families of the dead, but rather the Pentagon’s desire to conduct operations under an impenetrable dark cloud of secrecy. In essence, Katrina is an exercise—call it a war game—to test out operational methods that will be used down the road as martial law (or martial law without martial law, as in New Orleans) is rolled out elsewhere in the country under the guise of a terrorist attack or some other tenuous (and manufactured) excuse. CNN and the alphabet corporate news ministries—even though they faithful serve the Bushian agenda on most occasions—will not be permitted to snoop around, as they are not allowed to snoop around Iraq where lessons in covert warfare (engineering “pseudo-gang” terrorist groups led by phantom terrorists such as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) are learned and archived in databases. In the meantime, in true Orwellian fashion, the Army 82nd Airborne Division will threaten journalists as they claim to follow U.S. District Court Judge Keith Ellison’s temporary restraining order against a “zero access” policy announced by Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore, a “John Wayne dude” who can “get some stuff done,” namely reduce a constitutional republic to a totalitarian nightmare in short order.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Man, if that's the only way you look at it then all coins have lost the 3rd dimension of a second side.

I'm sure people who are recovering dead bodies want 20 cameras flashing away getting close-ups of a rescuers' nostrils leaning over to pick up the dead bodies.

I love that sick carnival.

I want reporters mistakenly in the firing zone in the name of freedom accidentally walking into the cross hairs of bullets flying and their colleagues crying about the horror of one of their own being killed.

Is there no balance ?

I know the coins in my pocket full of lint have 2 sides.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
mrmom2 said:
Holy Feck if its true that asshole should be shot and pissed upon him and the rest of the gang that followed his orders .Thats just fecking sick :evil:

Unfeckin believable here

I heard about this on the radio, so I am pretty sure its true.

He is a sick fecker for doing that. No human compassion whatsoever. I guess he is a "christian" as well? Weren't the Klan "christians"?. Well I guess the Klan is still alive and well, after all.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: No Photos of Dead “Co

I've heard several reports of the Gretna police blocking the bridge and firing into the air. One of those reports was from a Quebecker who was just trying to get home. He reported having their food and water taken away.

Any member of the Gretna police force who took part in that needs to be charged with hate crimes.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Tell me again that race was not a factor in the Superdome disaster, I'm afraid I am losing my concentration, again. :roll:

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
mrmom2 said:
Holy Feck if its true that asshole should be shot and pissed upon him and the rest of the gang that followed his orders .Thats just fecking sick :evil:

Unfeckin believable here

His karma could be coming up!

Charles Foti, The Attorney-General of the State of Louisiana, has announced that his office will be investigating all complaints and rumors of complaints which arise during this emergency and he has left his office open across the state 24/7!

Who is Charles Foti you ask, well, he was the Criminal sheriff of New Orleans (Orleans also has a civil Sheriff). His main job was seeing after the courts (Bailliffs) and the Orleans Parish Prison. His main claim to fame was the way he had the prisoners cooking meals for the elderly and infirm in New Orleans and he put on quite a Thnaksgiving Feast, Christmas Dinner, New Years dinner, Mardi Gras Party and 4th of July Cookout! If you were over 65, handicapped or othrwise incapcitated, his kitchens were open for you. His trustees on the Parish Prison grounds were put to wrok raising not only their food but also the food for these fetes! his support was so wide that when he decided to run for Attorney-General (Crown Prosecutor) it was a no question race, Charley won by a mile. You see, he was a lawyer by trade but only done pro-bono civil stuff for those who could not pay! He went to school at night to become a lawyer!

In Orleans Parish he was elected criminal sheriff 6 times without opposition. He ran a hard jail but was relatively free of scandal because he tolerated no BS. He was popular among the Black electorate, the White electorate, liberal electorate and conservative electorate!

You don't mess with the old folks and that was his theme in an area where families stuck to gether!

http://www.ag.state.la.us

Stay tuned!

Vitamin C

Nominee Member
Sep 14, 2005
Ontario
RE: No Photos of Dead “Co

How would you feel if you were missing a family member, and had no idea if they were alive or dead.

And then you're watching the news and see their dead body on CNN.....not good....