Bush praises Canada

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bill O'Reilly and a few others. I've always thought that one of the best things Canada has done, was to take in the passegers(mostly American) of all those airliners after 9/11. Bush didn't say a word for about a month.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Letting those planes land here was a huge risk. All anybody knew for sure at the time is that the US was under attack and commercial airliners were the weapon of choice. I'm glad we did it, but some real acknowledgement would have been nice.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have relatives in Halifax that took in an American family of four from Boston for about a week. They have become good friends. Both families have visited each other since. I guess that's the way it should be.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
While I appreciate that Americans, through their officials and/or news agencies, notice Canadian efforts to help their neighbours, some of the more fulsome praise makes me feel a wee bit squirmy.

Is that just me, or is it my Canadian personality showing through?

Anyway, after a pat on the back from Bush, I feel like reaching for my back scrubber.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I don't trust the man enough to let him stand in back of me.he might be looking for the right spot to stick the blade in,or just pick my pocket :)